- Miss World Zimbabwe troubled over her nude pics scandalWhat role Aishwarya Rai played in Salman's hit and run case?Ranbir Kapoor all set to rock with these upcoming filmsPICS:Have a look at Rihanna’s Met Gala outfitThats how Salman turned \'\'Being Human\'\'Not only Salman there are other Bollywood celebs also who messed with the lawSalman\'s sister Arpita thanks fans for support on \'big\' dayShah Rukh Khan visits Salman's Galaxy Apartments to meet himMumbai beat Delhi by 5 wkts to jump to 4th spotSalman Khan declared guilty in the Hit and Run case
Yuki Bhambri on Monday in New Delhi broke back into the top-200 after 15 months, thanks to
Delhi govt gives in-principle approval to mono-rail system Last Updated : 18 Jan 2012 10:00:51 AM IST Monorail
Commuting through the congested east Delhi may soon become easy with the city government on Tuesday giving an in-principle approval to a 10.8 km mono-rail system which will be connected to the Metro lines.
The government plans to connect Shastri Park with Laxmi Nagar via Trilokpuri through a mono-rail having 12 stations from where commuters can access the system.
The new system is expected to supplement the existing inter-city transport modes like the Metro. The project is being developed in a way that the new system makes it possible to interchange with three Delhi Metro lines.
The in-principle approval came at a high-level meeting chaired by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and attended by Ministers A K Walia, Arvinder Singh Lovely and Ramakant Goswami, East Delhi MP Sandeep Dikshit, Chief Secretary P K Tripathi and Principal Secretary Chandaramohan.
"East Delhi will become the first in the city to welcome the introduction of another fast, convenient, dependable and pollution free elevated inter-city new mode of transport. In- principle approval was today given in a high-level meeting presided over by Dikshit," a senior official said.
A presentation based on a study conducted by RITES Ltd on mono-rail was given in the meeting. It was also decided to place this issue before the Cabinet to seek its formal approval to this effect, the official said.
Dikshit said it has been decided that a detailed note will be discussed in a Cabinet meeting to give a formal approval.
The mono-rail is expected to attract a daily ridership of around 1.5 lakh and will be able to provide an inter-city transport service in congested localities in East Delhi where the Delhi Metro and even buses are difficult to ply.
"Laying of mono rail lines is cheaper as compared to Delhi Metro lines. As mono rail will be plying above narrow lane in congested locality, straddle type elevated mono rail will be able to negotiate sharp curves," the official said.
The route will start from Shastri Park Metro Station passing through Yamuna Pushta Road, Rajaram Kohli Marg, Geeta Colony, Patparganj Road, Nirman Vihar Metro Station at Vikas Marg, Ganesh Nagar, New Patparganj Road and Sanjay Lake.
The route length of 10.8 km will have 12 stations -- Shastri Park, Kailash Nagar, Gandhi Nagar, Taj Enclave, Geeta Colony, Guru Angad Nagar, Scope Tower, Ganesh Nagar, Mother Diary, Patparganj, Kotla and Trilokpuri.
The route will integrate with three Delhi Metro Lines,Shastri Park Metro Station on Dilshad Garden to Rithala line, Nirman Vihar Metro Station on Anand Vihar to Dwarka Line and Trilokpuri Metro Station on Mukundpur to Yamuna Vihar under construction line and provide inter-change facility.
The mono-rail will have stations on nine meter high pillars.
"It will have less noise as compared to other systems. It will be aesthetically attractive and will improve the city- line. The study has also recommended a model which will not have any financial burden on the city government. However, DSIIDC will contribute in equity. It is expected that the work on the proposed Mono Rail line will start after all the formalities are completed," the official said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This is weird but true, did Aishwarya Rai have a role to play in Salman Khan's hit and run
- Ranbir Kapoor all set to rock with these upcoming films
- Why Arjun calls Jacqueline Fernandez?
- Meatloaf makes husband fell in love with Scarlett
- Britney embarrassed after falling on stage
- Salman's dialogue proved almost prophetic in Hit-n-run case
- #SalmanVerdict trending on Twitter
- PICS:Have a look at Rihanna’s Met Gala outfit
- Thats how Salman turned ''Being Human''
Just like humans, dolphins form highly complex and dynamic networks of friends, preferring
Finding itself on the wrong side of Net Neutrality debate, Facebook today made its Interne