- Sangakkara and Kapil Dev conferred with CEAT awardsMumbai Indians celebrate their second IPL triumphSalman attends sister's receptionFirst teaser of 'Azhar' unveiledTWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all wayUnknown facts about 12 class CBSE topper M GayatriPriyanka caught having sex in carSalma defends banning of selfiesSEE PHOTOS: Sexy kim-West celebrate first wedding anniversary in royal moodIrrfan turns suave for \'Jazbaa\'
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
FIR against mall outlet for breaching girl's privacy Last Updated : 29 Jan 2013 12:28:51 PM IST File photo
An FIR was lodged on Monday against a grocery outlet located in a mall for insulting and breaching the privacy of a young girl, a senior police official said.
In her FIR lodged with the Vijay Nagar police station on Monday afternoon, Chapla Kumara Bhargava alleged that her daughter, who is a junior level national table tennis player, was forcibly frisked by a woman guard of the Easyday outlet located at Malhar Mall after hearing an alarm (buzzer) while they were making a payment at the counter, the Superintendent of Police (East) O P Tripathi told media.
"My girl was taken to a trial room where the woman guard checked her forcing her to remove all her clothes including innerwear to see it she was hiding anything after a suspected theft, as the alarm sounded," Tripathi said, quoting the complainant's statement.
The complainant also told the police that though nothing was found on her daughter by the security personnel, they misbehaved, insulted and humiliated her, he said.
A case under Sections 504 and 509 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for insulting a woman and breach of her privacy was lodged against the Easyday staff and its management after preliminary investigation, he said, adding that the police station in-charge of Vijay Nagar will probe the case.
When contacted, Easyday management did not comment on the complaint.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The 'Titanic' star has revealed she loves to get all glammed up as it makes her feel "conf
- Salman attends sister's reception
- First teaser of 'Azhar' unveiled
- Rutherford win custody battle
- Kim Kardashian celebrates anniversary
- Katy Perry avoiding ex-husband
- Gallagher sick of mistakes
- TWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all way
- Naomi Campbell had "the best birthday in the world"
An ancient aqueduct built more than 2,000 years ago to transport water into the city of Je
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and