- Pics: And Oscar goes to...Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charityRani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017Dev Patel attends Oscars with motherAsghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film'Zootopia' wins Oscar for Best Animated FilmCan't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
American tennis player Serena Williams led the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) world rank
FIR against mall outlet for breaching girl's privacy Last Updated : 29 Jan 2013 12:28:51 PM IST File photo
An FIR was lodged on Monday against a grocery outlet located in a mall for insulting and breaching the privacy of a young girl, a senior police official said.
In her FIR lodged with the Vijay Nagar police station on Monday afternoon, Chapla Kumara Bhargava alleged that her daughter, who is a junior level national table tennis player, was forcibly frisked by a woman guard of the Easyday outlet located at Malhar Mall after hearing an alarm (buzzer) while they were making a payment at the counter, the Superintendent of Police (East) O P Tripathi told media.
"My girl was taken to a trial room where the woman guard checked her forcing her to remove all her clothes including innerwear to see it she was hiding anything after a suspected theft, as the alarm sounded," Tripathi said, quoting the complainant's statement.
The complainant also told the police that though nothing was found on her daughter by the security personnel, they misbehaved, insulted and humiliated her, he said.
A case under Sections 504 and 509 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for insulting a woman and breach of her privacy was lodged against the Easyday staff and its management after preliminary investigation, he said, adding that the police station in-charge of Vijay Nagar will probe the case.
When contacted, Easyday management did not comment on the complaint.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A record number of wins by black stars, a Muslim actor winning for the first time, the vic
- Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charity
- Oscars 2017 celebrate diversity, marred by goof-ups
- Rani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Oops! Moment
- Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017
- Dev Patel attends Oscars with mother
- Om Puri honoured at Oscars 2017
- Asghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee on Monday launched a new line up of A series smartphones -