- Salman to don astronaut look for show promoAll my roles had potential to stereotype me: SwaraKnow more about Neha DhupiaShahid-Mira: Journey from lovers to parentsJacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh SinghJhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???While kissing in 'A Flying Jat', Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cutShahid-Mira to announce good news soon
Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta on Saturday welcomed Pri
FIR against mall outlet for breaching girl's privacy Last Updated : 29 Jan 2013 12:28:51 PM IST File photo
An FIR was lodged on Monday against a grocery outlet located in a mall for insulting and breaching the privacy of a young girl, a senior police official said.
In her FIR lodged with the Vijay Nagar police station on Monday afternoon, Chapla Kumara Bhargava alleged that her daughter, who is a junior level national table tennis player, was forcibly frisked by a woman guard of the Easyday outlet located at Malhar Mall after hearing an alarm (buzzer) while they were making a payment at the counter, the Superintendent of Police (East) O P Tripathi told media.
"My girl was taken to a trial room where the woman guard checked her forcing her to remove all her clothes including innerwear to see it she was hiding anything after a suspected theft, as the alarm sounded," Tripathi said, quoting the complainant's statement.
The complainant also told the police that though nothing was found on her daughter by the security personnel, they misbehaved, insulted and humiliated her, he said.
A case under Sections 504 and 509 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for insulting a woman and breach of her privacy was lodged against the Easyday staff and its management after preliminary investigation, he said, adding that the police station in-charge of Vijay Nagar will probe the case.
When contacted, Easyday management did not comment on the complaint.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Model-turned-actress Cara Delevingne ditched her underwear to pose for the cover of Sunday
- Construction worker dies on 'Blade Runner' sequel set
- Don't want quick success: Sayani Gupta
- Nowadays commercial films are cliched: Shoojit Sircar
- Industry has changed, but not my life: Dolly
- Salman to don astronaut look for show promo
- Jaya Prada in UP Film Council with cabinet rank
- Don't have aptitude to join politics: Sonakshi
- Emma Roberts back with former fiance?
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an