- Ways to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka SharmaShivaay: second trailer releasedWant my daughter to be proud of me: Shahid
A FIFA delegation confirmed on Monday that the city will be one of the venues for the U-
MP's 'Beti Bachao Abhiyan' to confront declining sex ratio Last Updated : 07 Nov 2011 05:34:26 PM IST 'Beti Bachao Abhiyan'
The skewed sex ratio in several districts of Madhya Pradesh has forced ruling BJP government to launch the 'Beti Bachao Abhiyan' (Save the Girl Child campaign) to raise awareness and address this nagging issue which may pose social and demographic problems in the state.
The districts where the sex ratio is alarmingly declining include: Bhind-838; Morena-839; Gwalior-862; Datia-875; Shivpuri-877; Chhattarpur-884; Sagar-896, Vidisha-897; Raisen- 899; Ashoknagar-900; Tikamgarh-901; Sheopur-902; Panna-907; Guna-910; Bhopal-911 and Hoshangabad-912, official sources said.
The position in the remaining districts is also not very encouraging. Hence, State Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan not only launched this drive from Datia district recently but also set the theme of the State's Foundation Day programme on the grave issue.
Besides dipping sex ratio, the child sex ratio (number of girls in the age group of 0-6 per 1000 male child) is also declining in the state, sources said.
The child sex ratio was 967 in the year 1961, while in the year 2011 it became 912 in Madhya Pradesh. The healthy child sex ratio at the time of birth should be 952 or more, experts said.
Except for tribal district of Dindori, where the child sex ratio stands at 1006 per 1000 males, the situation is highly imbalanced elsewhere and urgent steps are needed to arrest the decline, which may lead to major social problems in the near future, they said.
Both veteran singer Asha Bhosle and yesteryear Dream Girl Hema Malini, who were in the city for the State Day celebrations appealed to the masses to save the girl child by highlighting their own success stories.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The trailer of 'Kahaani 2', starring Vidya Balan, has been released and the actress once a
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
- Karan wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: Aishwarya
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon on Tuesday launched its flagship smartphone Ultra50