- Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depressionVarun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 croreStar studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’Gaysil Naubert to choreographPooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for loveWho first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?Salman tweets Sooraj Pancholi\'s tattoo from \'Hero\'Bollywood couples who did not go on honeymoonNo aaj ki party song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Indian women go into Saturday's hockey encounter with Japan in the World League Semifinals
MP's 'Beti Bachao Abhiyan' to confront declining sex ratio Last Updated : 07 Nov 2011 05:34:26 PM IST 'Beti Bachao Abhiyan'
The skewed sex ratio in several districts of Madhya Pradesh has forced ruling BJP government to launch the 'Beti Bachao Abhiyan' (Save the Girl Child campaign) to raise awareness and address this nagging issue which may pose social and demographic problems in the state.
The districts where the sex ratio is alarmingly declining include: Bhind-838; Morena-839; Gwalior-862; Datia-875; Shivpuri-877; Chhattarpur-884; Sagar-896, Vidisha-897; Raisen- 899; Ashoknagar-900; Tikamgarh-901; Sheopur-902; Panna-907; Guna-910; Bhopal-911 and Hoshangabad-912, official sources said.
The position in the remaining districts is also not very encouraging. Hence, State Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan not only launched this drive from Datia district recently but also set the theme of the State's Foundation Day programme on the grave issue.
Besides dipping sex ratio, the child sex ratio (number of girls in the age group of 0-6 per 1000 male child) is also declining in the state, sources said.
The child sex ratio was 967 in the year 1961, while in the year 2011 it became 912 in Madhya Pradesh. The healthy child sex ratio at the time of birth should be 952 or more, experts said.
Except for tribal district of Dindori, where the child sex ratio stands at 1006 per 1000 males, the situation is highly imbalanced elsewhere and urgent steps are needed to arrest the decline, which may lead to major social problems in the near future, they said.
Both veteran singer Asha Bhosle and yesteryear Dream Girl Hema Malini, who were in the city for the State Day celebrations appealed to the masses to save the girl child by highlighting their own success stories.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress and BJP MP Hema Malini, who was injured and admitted to hospital after her road ac
- Aamir-A R Rahman teams up for next home production
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
- Gaysil Naubert to choreograph
- Hansal Mehta to Make Sanjay Gandhi Biopic
- Pooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for love
- Who first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe