- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik from Odisha won the gold medal at
MP's 'Beti Bachao Abhiyan' to confront declining sex ratio Last Updated : 07 Nov 2011 05:34:26 PM IST 'Beti Bachao Abhiyan'
The skewed sex ratio in several districts of Madhya Pradesh has forced ruling BJP government to launch the 'Beti Bachao Abhiyan' (Save the Girl Child campaign) to raise awareness and address this nagging issue which may pose social and demographic problems in the state.
The districts where the sex ratio is alarmingly declining include: Bhind-838; Morena-839; Gwalior-862; Datia-875; Shivpuri-877; Chhattarpur-884; Sagar-896, Vidisha-897; Raisen- 899; Ashoknagar-900; Tikamgarh-901; Sheopur-902; Panna-907; Guna-910; Bhopal-911 and Hoshangabad-912, official sources said.
The position in the remaining districts is also not very encouraging. Hence, State Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan not only launched this drive from Datia district recently but also set the theme of the State's Foundation Day programme on the grave issue.
Besides dipping sex ratio, the child sex ratio (number of girls in the age group of 0-6 per 1000 male child) is also declining in the state, sources said.
The child sex ratio was 967 in the year 1961, while in the year 2011 it became 912 in Madhya Pradesh. The healthy child sex ratio at the time of birth should be 952 or more, experts said.
Except for tribal district of Dindori, where the child sex ratio stands at 1006 per 1000 males, the situation is highly imbalanced elsewhere and urgent steps are needed to arrest the decline, which may lead to major social problems in the near future, they said.
Both veteran singer Asha Bhosle and yesteryear Dream Girl Hema Malini, who were in the city for the State Day celebrations appealed to the masses to save the girl child by highlighting their own success stories.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says S.S. Rajamoulis magnum opus "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" will
- Rishi slams stars for missing Vinod Khanna's funeral
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit