- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood picsReason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marryGionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
India outplayed Pakistan 3-1 to set up a title showdown with hosts Bangladesh in the Under
JMM trims committee on choosing Lok Sabha candidates Last Updated : 03 Apr 2013 08:51:30 AM IST File photo
The JMM on Wednesday struck off the names of two senior leaders, Hemlal Murmu and S S Bhokta, from the committee it formed to choose prospective candidates for each of the 14 Lok Sabha constituencies for the next general elections.
Correcting its own decision of originally forming a five-member committee during last night's executive committee meeting, the committee will now have only three members --Champai Soren, Hazi Hussain Ansari and Mathura Mahato (all MLAs), according to a party release here.
Champai Soren has been appointed as the chairman of the three-member committee.The three-member committee has been authorised to choose three prospective party candidates for each of the 14 Lok Sabha seats and submit the report within one month, the release said.
The committee was formed after the executive committee had decided to contest all the 14 Lok Sabha elections alone.The JMM, however, had appealed to the Congress to initiate formation of government to end the current President's rule in Jharkhand.
The 82-member House is under suspended animation after the imposition of central rule on January 18. It was necessitated after the JMM pulled out from the erstwhile Arjun Munda-led BJP government on January 8.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor-producer John Abraham says he loves action as a genre, but doesn't want to do a dest
- Love is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Live action version of 'The Lion King' in the works
- I'm not a believer in cosmetic treatments: Sonam Kapoor
- Producing films a tough job, says Sonu Sood
- Everybody deserves to know Dhoni's inspiring story: Bhumika
- Who is Salman Khan's duplicate?
- Arjun Kapoor's 'DDLJ' moment on 'Half Girlfriend' set
- Jolie found images of Gomez, other women on Pitt's phone
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Taiwan-based company HTC Corporation on Thursday launched a new smartphone "HTC Desire 1