- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka ChopraPeople stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
Sports Minister Vijay Goel said talented javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who recently scrip
- Narsingh doping: Banned substance can be detected months later
- Volleyball body gives green light to Russiaa Rio squad
- Coach Guardiola imposed strict diet: Man City defender Clichy
- Morales promises rewards for Bolivia's medallists in Rio
- Kerala HC asks AFI to include athlete Raghavan in Olympic squad
J'khand plunges into darkness after JSEB union goes on strike Last Updated : 07 Dec 2012 07:36:58 AM IST File photo: Chief Minister Arjun Munda
A large part of Jharkhand remained without electricity for over 24 hours after the state electricity board (JSEB) union went on a flash strike, which Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday said was called without giving a notice to the government.
Six districts of the Santhal Pargana region, East and West Singhbhum and Ranchi districts were severely affected by the strike, official sources said.
While train services on Howrah-Mumbai route was disrupted as irate locals blocked trains at Jugsala at Jamshedpur in protest against the black out, the Jharkhand High Court served notices to the state government and the striking employees following disruption of power supply.
After the JSEB signed MoUs yesterday with Tata Power and CESC for power distribution in Jamshedpur and Ranchi respectively, the union had gone on strike.
The flash strike resulted in the government evoking Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA) last night but none reported for duty, union leaders said.
In the state Assembly, Chief Minister Arjun Munda said the union did not serve notice. "They should have talked (to the government) before going on strike."
Prasant Chaturvedi, Convenor of the Coordination Committee of the JSEB Employees Union, said the government proposed a conditional dialogue which the union rejected.
"The government offered talks with us on the condition that we call off our strike before sitting for a dialogue. We have rejected the conditional offer," Chaturvedi said.
"We will talk on the condition that Chief Secretary S K Choudhary is present...Our strike continues, and we are not afraid of ESMA," he said.
"We requested NTPC for alternative arrangements in the wake of power supply disruption following the strike. But they refused stating shortage of staff," Deputy General Manager D Jha of JSEB Dumka unit said.
Meanwhile, irate local residents set tyres on fire near Jugsala railway crossing here demanding immediate restoration of electricity supply.
While Puri-Haridwar Utkal Express was detained at Adityapur, Durg-Danapur Express was stranded at Tatanagar, railway sources said.
Meanwhile, the Jharkhand High Court served notices to the state government and the striking employees taking suo motu cognisance based on media reports of the strike.
A division bench of Chief Justice P C Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy issued notices to Chief Secretary S K Choudhary, JSEB Chairman S N Verma and to the representatives of the striking employees. The bench summoned them to appear before it tomorrow for hearing in the case.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan loves traditional jewellery and says she used to wear jhumkas worth Rs
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Explorer Levison Wood's Himalayan journey to air in India
- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek Bachchan
- Find Malayalam industry to be very progressive: Priya Anand
- Want to do hardcore love story: Raashi
- Watch: 'Kala Chashma' the party groover from 'Baar Baar Dekho'
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an