- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
Overnight leader Amandeep Drall bagged the 11th Leg of the Hero women Professional golf To
Narendra Modi blames UPA for border troubles with China, Pakistan Last Updated : 15 Sep 2013 03:09:35 PM IST Narendra Modi to address rally in Rewari on Sunday
BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi said that UPA's foreign and defence policy is "flawed" and is "harming" the country.
Slamming the centre for mishandling the border troubles with Pakistan and China, Narendra Modi strongly defended the role of Army and called it a 'symbol of secularism'.
Addressing a gathering of ex-servicemen here, Modi slammed defence minister AK Antony's statement on LoC attacks and blamed the Centre for the repeated Chinese incursions in Arunachal Pradesh.
"Unless there is a determined government at the Centre, these incidents will continue," the Gujarat chief minister and BJP's prime ministerial candidate said.
"The UNO should not feel satisfied with the fact that there has been no Third World War. Because the nature of war has changed. Today, the world is disturbed by terrorism and Maoism."
"Atal Bihari Vajpayee's diplomacy had cornered Pakistan on the world stage but things have changed in the last nine years." "There was a hope that the new democratic government of Pakistan will stress friendship with India but it is not so. I want to tell Pakistan that if we have to fight, we must fight poverty, illiteracy and superstition. I want to tell Islamabad that weapons haven't done any good in the last 60 years. Don't allow terrorists to thrive in Pakistan for 10 years, see how much your country progresses."
"The Pakistanis started targetting innocent people after failing to win straight wars. Cross-border terrorism won't help anybody. Pakistan's agenda may be anti-Indianism but it can't ensure its own development."
"Pakistan and China are regularly attacking us. The problem is not at the borders but in New Delhi." "We need a strong government in Delhi".
Gujarat Modi slammed the JD(U) minister who remarked that people go to Army only to get killed. Narendra Modi said "The UPA government seems to think that the army people have signed up to be killed."
Modi slammed Defence Minister AK Antony for his controversial remark over the Pakistani troops killing Indian soldiers near the LoC in August. He also slammed the JD(U) minister who remarked that people go to Army only to get killed. "Our armed forces and security is not their priority." "I still celebrate Diwali with the jawans at the Pakistan border"
The BJP has come up with an innovative idea to reach out to those who can't attend the gathering but want to listen to the first speech of the party's PM nominee.
Those interested in listening to the live speech of Modi can dial 022-45014501.
Gen (retd) VK Singh said Our armed forces are like an insurance policy and if the insurance policy is weak, the country will become weak. The soldiers need to be respected. There is no national memorial for our martyrs, only the ones made by the British."
We are not weak, we need to throw those who form weak policies,said Gen (retd) VK Singh.
"Our neighbouring countries in the north, east and west are violating our borders because they think we are weak," says Gen (retd) VK Singh and asks the people if the country is really weak and gets a resounding no.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood celebrities like Shabana Azmi, Hrithik Roshan and Farhan Akhtar have given a thu
- Bollywood is on Mr. World's wish list
- Mahesh Babu's next starts rolling
- Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequel
- Sanjay Dutt, Mahesh Manjrekar to again team up for 'De Dhakka' remake
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Basu
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Sonakshi Sinha croons for 'Akira'
- Supriya has an edge over me as an actor: Sachin Pilgaonkar
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu