- How to look gorgeous beyond 30sSushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide'Jolly LLB 2' enters 100 crore clubAkshay, Bhumi wrap 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha'Bharti gearing up for her winter weddingRanbir's look from Sanjay Dutt's biopic leakedRanveer, Anushka cast vote for civic body pollsProtect your skin from sun with home care tipsIttefaq shoot begins with Shah Rukh Khan
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Geetika suicide: Police files chargesheet against Kanda Last Updated : 06 Oct 2012 05:05:44 PM IST Police files chargesheet against Gopal Goyal Kanda
Kanda and Chaddah, who are in judicial custody, were also chargesheeted for destruction of evidence and for hacking and destroying the hard disks of computers of Kanda's MDLR firm.
Two months after the suicide of the former air hostess, the 1020-pages charge sheet was filed under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code and Information Technology Act and named 65 prosecution witnesses.
Former air hostess Geetika was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, 23-year-old Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddah.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala took cognisance of the charge sheet and fixed the case scrutiny of documents on October 9.
The charge sheet accused the duo of committing offences under section 306 (abetment of suicide), 120 B (criminal conspiracy), 506 (criminal intimidation), 201 (destruction of evidence), 467 (forgery of valuable security), 468 (forgery with intention to cheat), 469 (forgery with intention to harm reputation) and 471 (using forged documents as genuine) of the Indian Penal Code.
The charge sheet added that they also committed offence under section 66 of the Information and Technology Act which deals with hacking of computers.
"In view of the matter on record, I take cognisance of the charge sheet. Put up for scrutiny of documents on October 9," the court said.
In her suicide note, Geetika had also said Kanda and one of the MDLR employees, Chaddah, were harassing her to rejoin the firm after she left the job.
Geetika's post-mortem report suggested she had physical relation for a long time.
Before surrendering, Kanda had made tried to secure anticipatory bail, first from the sessions court and then from the high court. His plea for anticipatory bail, however, was rejected by both the courts.
After his arrest, the court had dismissed Kanda's bail plea on the ground that further probe was needed in view of a police report that Geetika was pregnant in March this year.
It had also said there was need to investigate whether there was any connection between the pregnancy and the alleged pressure by Kanda on Geetika to join his company.
Chaddah was arrested on August 8 when she was called for questioning by the police. The court had dismissed her bail plea on feras that if released on bail, she might tamper with the evidence.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of the "Jolly LLB" franchise on Wednesday confirmed that there will be a third
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
- Sushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'
- Pics:Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide
- We hardly celebrate good cinema in India: Tannishtha Chatterjee
- Madhavan releases 'Vikram Vedha' first poster
- Dhanush to reunite with 'Kodi' director
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- 'Ghulaam' actor to be part of 'Nach Baliye 8'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major