- Rani Mukerji on Vogue, Kajol on ElleKalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav GuptaYakub Memon buried at Bada Khabristan'Missile Man' laid to rest with emotional farewellMercedes launches 3 new modelsDhanush's movie reached Venice Film FestivalKareena, Arjun's most awaited film 'Ka and Ki' of year 2016India Couture Week opened by Sabyasachi, LouboutinYes, Mira Rajput will be on Jhalak Dikh Laaja ReloadedCaught: Why is Kapil Sharma lying about his health?
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
Konkan fruit fest to be held between May 10-12 Last Updated : 08 May 2013 12:42:55 PM IST File Photo of Fruit
The festival will be held in Margao town this year, wherein hundreds of exotic fruit varieties would be on sale and display, Minguel Braganza, secretary of the Botanical Society of Goa, said on Wednesday.
He said that the festival which started in 2003 in Panaji is aimed at promoting the lesser known fruits of the Konkan region, with a view to improve the long-term food security and preserve the unique fruit biodiversity of the region.
"Without an interest in these fruits, we are likely to lose favourites including sweet mangosteen, red oil palm, citron, kokum and jambul fruit," Braganza said.
The festival provides an opportunity to the common people and youths in Goa to sample popular tropical fruits, local wines, foods and several increasingly rare seasonalb fruit varieties, he said.
In the festival the regional farmers can sell these fruits and they are encouraged to maintain their trees for the enjoyment of the future generations, he said.
Braganza said that the festival also features competition for fruits, fruit products, on the spot competition in fruit eating and fruit carving among other things.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood cousins Rani Mukerji and Kajol on the coverpage of fashion magazines Vogue and E
- Marathi cinema is growing: Big B
- Kalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav Gupta
- It's unfortunate! 'Mastani', 'Dilwale' clash on Box Office
- Huma Qureshi in Gurinder Chadha's next film
- Madhuri's launches clothing brand
- Anushka not to endorse any fairness products
- 'Silsila' completes 34 years, Big B nostalgic
- Dhanush's movie reached Venice Film Festival
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that