- Priyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box officeRanveer says Priyanka better than DeepikaSRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami GautamCamera loved Smita Patil: Shyam BenegalPhiladelphia's thanksgiving paradeKnow why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
Ethiopia’s Birhanu Legese and Kenya’s Cynthia Limo came on top after thrilling battles
Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013: Congress issues first list of candidates Last Updated : 11 Oct 2013 08:19:46 PM IST Congress Flag
The Congress Party on Friday finalised the first list of candidates for the first phase of Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013, for which polling will be held on November 11.
Umesh Patel, Alka Mudliyar and Devti Karma, close relatives of three prominent Chhattisgarh Congress leaders who were killed in the May 25 Maoist attack, figure in the first list of 17 party candidates announced for the Assembly polls next month.
Umesh, son of the slain PCC chief Nandkumar Patel is fielded from Kharsia, Alka, wife of former MLA Vijay Mudliary is the party nominee from Rajnandgaon, the constituency currently being represented by Chief Minister Raman Singh of the BJP.
Devti Karma, wife of late Mahendra Karma, a former Home Minister who was a guiding force behind " Salwa Judum" (anti-Naxal operation by vigilante groups), has been fielded from Dantewada-ST seat.
Party MLA Kawasi Lakhma, who was involved in a controversy after the attack, has been renominated from Konta-ST.
Chhattisgarh has 90-member Assembly and the polls there are being held in two phases next month.
Congress is out of power in the state for 10 years and is making concerted efforts to oust the ruling BJP. In good news to the faction-ridden Congress, the party high command appears to have won over former chief minister Ajit Jogi.
Jogi, who has the distinction of being the first chief minister of Chhattisgarh when it was carved out of Madhya Pradesh, was sulking for sometime.
First list of candidates for first phase of assembly polls
Kharsia: Umesh Patel
Khairagarh: Birbal Janghel
Dongargarh: Daleshwar Shah
Mohla-Manpur: Tej Kunwar Netam
Antagarh: Manturam Pawar
Kanker: Shankarlal Dhruv
Konta: Kawasi Lakhma
Kondagaon: Mohan Markam
Narayanpur: Chandan Kashyap
Bhanupratappur: Manoj Mandvi
Bijapur: Vikram mandvi
Dantewada: Devti Karma
Bastar: Lakheshwar Baghel
Jagdalpur: Shaymu Kashyap
Chitrakot: Deepak Vaish
Keshkal: Sant Netam
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sonam Kapoor sends love to Fawad Khan on birthday.
- Priyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box office
- Ranveer says Priyanka better than Deepika
- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl