- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016'Kabali' fails to live up to hypeMy father cut me off when I was 18: Sonam KapoorKabali may topple Sultan's 300 crore plan5 irresistible reasons to watch Kabali
Dutee Chand is sprinting hard and she has her aim set -- the coveted gold medal at the Rio
Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013: Congress issues first list of candidates Last Updated : 11 Oct 2013 08:19:46 PM IST Congress Flag
The Congress Party on Friday finalised the first list of candidates for the first phase of Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013, for which polling will be held on November 11.
Umesh Patel, Alka Mudliyar and Devti Karma, close relatives of three prominent Chhattisgarh Congress leaders who were killed in the May 25 Maoist attack, figure in the first list of 17 party candidates announced for the Assembly polls next month.
Umesh, son of the slain PCC chief Nandkumar Patel is fielded from Kharsia, Alka, wife of former MLA Vijay Mudliary is the party nominee from Rajnandgaon, the constituency currently being represented by Chief Minister Raman Singh of the BJP.
Devti Karma, wife of late Mahendra Karma, a former Home Minister who was a guiding force behind " Salwa Judum" (anti-Naxal operation by vigilante groups), has been fielded from Dantewada-ST seat.
Party MLA Kawasi Lakhma, who was involved in a controversy after the attack, has been renominated from Konta-ST.
Chhattisgarh has 90-member Assembly and the polls there are being held in two phases next month.
Congress is out of power in the state for 10 years and is making concerted efforts to oust the ruling BJP. In good news to the faction-ridden Congress, the party high command appears to have won over former chief minister Ajit Jogi.
Jogi, who has the distinction of being the first chief minister of Chhattisgarh when it was carved out of Madhya Pradesh, was sulking for sometime.
First list of candidates for first phase of assembly polls
Kharsia: Umesh Patel
Khairagarh: Birbal Janghel
Dongargarh: Daleshwar Shah
Mohla-Manpur: Tej Kunwar Netam
Antagarh: Manturam Pawar
Kanker: Shankarlal Dhruv
Konta: Kawasi Lakhma
Kondagaon: Mohan Markam
Narayanpur: Chandan Kashyap
Bhanupratappur: Manoj Mandvi
Bijapur: Vikram mandvi
Dantewada: Devti Karma
Bastar: Lakheshwar Baghel
Jagdalpur: Shaymu Kashyap
Chitrakot: Deepak Vaish
Keshkal: Sant Netam
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The Rajasthan High Court on Monday acquitted Bollywood actor Salman Khan in the 18-year-ol
- Kangana turns Mughal empress for Manav Gangwani
- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
- 'Kabali' mints Rs 11.4 crore in north India in two days
- 'Mission Tiger' makers urge government to declare film tax-free
- 'Madaari' is a 'must watch', says Kejriwal
- Twinkle slams Naseeruddin for calling father 'poor actor'
- 'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up call
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' sets new box office record on opening day
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i