- Lovato blasts at bikini hatersLove is back in Salman's lifeLongoria wants to be female ClooneyShruthi Seth lands in controversyWhy is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?Salman missing 'party days'Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depressionVarun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 croreStar studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
World champions Australia overcame some stiff resistance put up by Great Britain to notch
Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013: Congress issues first list of candidates Last Updated : 11 Oct 2013 08:19:46 PM IST Congress Flag
The Congress Party on Friday finalised the first list of candidates for the first phase of Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013, for which polling will be held on November 11.
Umesh Patel, Alka Mudliyar and Devti Karma, close relatives of three prominent Chhattisgarh Congress leaders who were killed in the May 25 Maoist attack, figure in the first list of 17 party candidates announced for the Assembly polls next month.
Umesh, son of the slain PCC chief Nandkumar Patel is fielded from Kharsia, Alka, wife of former MLA Vijay Mudliary is the party nominee from Rajnandgaon, the constituency currently being represented by Chief Minister Raman Singh of the BJP.
Devti Karma, wife of late Mahendra Karma, a former Home Minister who was a guiding force behind " Salwa Judum" (anti-Naxal operation by vigilante groups), has been fielded from Dantewada-ST seat.
Party MLA Kawasi Lakhma, who was involved in a controversy after the attack, has been renominated from Konta-ST.
Chhattisgarh has 90-member Assembly and the polls there are being held in two phases next month.
Congress is out of power in the state for 10 years and is making concerted efforts to oust the ruling BJP. In good news to the faction-ridden Congress, the party high command appears to have won over former chief minister Ajit Jogi.
Jogi, who has the distinction of being the first chief minister of Chhattisgarh when it was carved out of Madhya Pradesh, was sulking for sometime.
First list of candidates for first phase of assembly polls
Kharsia: Umesh Patel
Khairagarh: Birbal Janghel
Dongargarh: Daleshwar Shah
Mohla-Manpur: Tej Kunwar Netam
Antagarh: Manturam Pawar
Kanker: Shankarlal Dhruv
Konta: Kawasi Lakhma
Kondagaon: Mohan Markam
Narayanpur: Chandan Kashyap
Bhanupratappur: Manoj Mandvi
Bijapur: Vikram mandvi
Dantewada: Devti Karma
Bastar: Lakheshwar Baghel
Jagdalpur: Shaymu Kashyap
Chitrakot: Deepak Vaish
Keshkal: Sant Netam
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Demi Lovato blasts at bikini haters.
- Love is back in Salman's life
- Longoria wants to be female Clooney
- Shruthi Seth lands in controversy
- Salman scoffs at legal notice
- Why is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?
- Salman missing 'party days'
- Hema Malini discharged from hospital
- Aamir-A R Rahman teams up for next home production
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe