- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
As many as 600 participants from every nook and corner of the country will flex their mus
Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013: Congress issues first list of candidates Last Updated : 11 Oct 2013 08:19:46 PM IST Congress Flag
The Congress Party on Friday finalised the first list of candidates for the first phase of Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013, for which polling will be held on November 11.
Umesh Patel, Alka Mudliyar and Devti Karma, close relatives of three prominent Chhattisgarh Congress leaders who were killed in the May 25 Maoist attack, figure in the first list of 17 party candidates announced for the Assembly polls next month.
Umesh, son of the slain PCC chief Nandkumar Patel is fielded from Kharsia, Alka, wife of former MLA Vijay Mudliary is the party nominee from Rajnandgaon, the constituency currently being represented by Chief Minister Raman Singh of the BJP.
Devti Karma, wife of late Mahendra Karma, a former Home Minister who was a guiding force behind " Salwa Judum" (anti-Naxal operation by vigilante groups), has been fielded from Dantewada-ST seat.
Party MLA Kawasi Lakhma, who was involved in a controversy after the attack, has been renominated from Konta-ST.
Chhattisgarh has 90-member Assembly and the polls there are being held in two phases next month.
Congress is out of power in the state for 10 years and is making concerted efforts to oust the ruling BJP. In good news to the faction-ridden Congress, the party high command appears to have won over former chief minister Ajit Jogi.
Jogi, who has the distinction of being the first chief minister of Chhattisgarh when it was carved out of Madhya Pradesh, was sulking for sometime.
First list of candidates for first phase of assembly polls
Kharsia: Umesh Patel
Khairagarh: Birbal Janghel
Dongargarh: Daleshwar Shah
Mohla-Manpur: Tej Kunwar Netam
Antagarh: Manturam Pawar
Kanker: Shankarlal Dhruv
Konta: Kawasi Lakhma
Kondagaon: Mohan Markam
Narayanpur: Chandan Kashyap
Bhanupratappur: Manoj Mandvi
Bijapur: Vikram mandvi
Dantewada: Devti Karma
Bastar: Lakheshwar Baghel
Jagdalpur: Shaymu Kashyap
Chitrakot: Deepak Vaish
Keshkal: Sant Netam
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Where at one side it was late actor Vinod Khanna's funeral on the other side actress Priya
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
More than 20 funeral artefacts were unearthed during the excavation of two 2,000-year-old
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit