- Gionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena TandonHow R Ashwin charted course for India's victory in Kanpur TestI've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat Kaur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013: Congress issues first list of candidates Last Updated : 11 Oct 2013 08:19:46 PM IST Congress Flag
The Congress Party on Friday finalised the first list of candidates for the first phase of Chhattisgarh Assembly elections 2013, for which polling will be held on November 11.
Umesh Patel, Alka Mudliyar and Devti Karma, close relatives of three prominent Chhattisgarh Congress leaders who were killed in the May 25 Maoist attack, figure in the first list of 17 party candidates announced for the Assembly polls next month.
Umesh, son of the slain PCC chief Nandkumar Patel is fielded from Kharsia, Alka, wife of former MLA Vijay Mudliary is the party nominee from Rajnandgaon, the constituency currently being represented by Chief Minister Raman Singh of the BJP.
Devti Karma, wife of late Mahendra Karma, a former Home Minister who was a guiding force behind " Salwa Judum" (anti-Naxal operation by vigilante groups), has been fielded from Dantewada-ST seat.
Party MLA Kawasi Lakhma, who was involved in a controversy after the attack, has been renominated from Konta-ST.
Chhattisgarh has 90-member Assembly and the polls there are being held in two phases next month.
Congress is out of power in the state for 10 years and is making concerted efforts to oust the ruling BJP. In good news to the faction-ridden Congress, the party high command appears to have won over former chief minister Ajit Jogi.
Jogi, who has the distinction of being the first chief minister of Chhattisgarh when it was carved out of Madhya Pradesh, was sulking for sometime.
First list of candidates for first phase of assembly polls
Kharsia: Umesh Patel
Khairagarh: Birbal Janghel
Dongargarh: Daleshwar Shah
Mohla-Manpur: Tej Kunwar Netam
Antagarh: Manturam Pawar
Kanker: Shankarlal Dhruv
Konta: Kawasi Lakhma
Kondagaon: Mohan Markam
Narayanpur: Chandan Kashyap
Bhanupratappur: Manoj Mandvi
Bijapur: Vikram mandvi
Dantewada: Devti Karma
Bastar: Lakheshwar Baghel
Jagdalpur: Shaymu Kashyap
Chitrakot: Deepak Vaish
Keshkal: Sant Netam
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As MNS workers protested outside filmmaker Karan Johar's office here on Tuesday over Pakis
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
- Watch second trailer of 'Mirzya'
- Lisa Haydon announces her marriage
- Aarti Chabria wants to assist Farah Khan
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- April Florio tired of being linked to Brad Pitt
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho