- Funniest dialogues of Tanu Weds Manu ReturnsFirst look of 'Hero' releasedAll you wanted to know about Salman's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser, story and first ..Meet real life human Barbie dollRanbir, Katrina and their 'Roka'...SRK unveils first look of 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?\'Piku\' touches 100 Crore markAishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani\'s residenceSingh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy out
India on Tuesday in New Delhi dropped four key players, including ace drag-flicker Rupinde
C'garh Cong to declare candidates for assembly seats Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 04:43:55 PM IST File Photo
In a bid to turn the tide in BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh where it has suffered frequent drubbings in elections, the opposition Congress might announce names of contestants from select Assembly seats, which it considers "weak", well in advance for 2013 polls.
"Congress will try to announce names of candidates at least three months in advance on those seats where the party suffered frequent defeats in past elections," AICC general secretary and state in-charge B K Hariprasad said. He was addressing a workshop for party workers at Ramanujganj.
Taking a dig at BJP over suspension of Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani, Hariprasad said, "the BJP has always adopted double standards.
When Jethmalani pointed finger at Lord Ram, the saffron party which centres its politics around Lord Ram kept mum. Now, when Jethmalani questioned the dubious business deals involving Nitin Gadkari he was suspended".
The state unit party chief Nand Kumar Patel claimed the ruling Raman Singh government would have to bite the dust in the 2013 Assembly elections as "people are fed up with its ill-governance".
As part of its preparedness for polls, Congress is organising dedicated workshops for party workers at as many as 51 seats from where the party has no representation in the state Assembly.
Patel said that these "weak" seats are mainly spread across the tribal-dominated region. "Congress lost on as many as 15 such seats in at least three elections. We will try to announce the names of contestants two-three months in advance so that the candidates and workers get an opportunity to expand their base and cultivate the concerned constituency," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
These dialogues of Tanu Weds Manu Returns will leave you in splits.
- First look of 'Hero' released
- All you wanted to know about Salman's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser, story and first look
- Shraddha to start shooting 'Rock On!! 2'
- Ranbir, Katrina and their 'Roka'...
- Singer-actress Lady Gaga goes blonde
- SRK unveils first look of 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?
- 'Piku' touches 100 Crore mark
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and