- HC relief for Deepika PadukoneRape accused lynched in DimapurWatch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest Indian
Jeev Milkha Singh's erratic driving saw him struggle in the opening round of the Africa Op
C'garh Cong to declare candidates for assembly seats Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 04:43:55 PM IST File Photo
In a bid to turn the tide in BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh where it has suffered frequent drubbings in elections, the opposition Congress might announce names of contestants from select Assembly seats, which it considers "weak", well in advance for 2013 polls.
"Congress will try to announce names of candidates at least three months in advance on those seats where the party suffered frequent defeats in past elections," AICC general secretary and state in-charge B K Hariprasad said. He was addressing a workshop for party workers at Ramanujganj.
Taking a dig at BJP over suspension of Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani, Hariprasad said, "the BJP has always adopted double standards.
When Jethmalani pointed finger at Lord Ram, the saffron party which centres its politics around Lord Ram kept mum. Now, when Jethmalani questioned the dubious business deals involving Nitin Gadkari he was suspended".
The state unit party chief Nand Kumar Patel claimed the ruling Raman Singh government would have to bite the dust in the 2013 Assembly elections as "people are fed up with its ill-governance".
As part of its preparedness for polls, Congress is organising dedicated workshops for party workers at as many as 51 seats from where the party has no representation in the state Assembly.
Patel said that these "weak" seats are mainly spread across the tribal-dominated region. "Congress lost on as many as 15 such seats in at least three elections. We will try to announce the names of contestants two-three months in advance so that the candidates and workers get an opportunity to expand their base and cultivate the concerned constituency," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In an interim order, the Bombay High Court has restrained the city police from arresting o
- Listen romantic Holi songs
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Motorola will bring the second generation of its affordable smartphone 'Moto E' to India o