- Sridevi\'s \'English Vinglish\' mints $1 million in JapanAlia-Shahid start shooting for ShaandarB-Wood leggy divasSussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in he new homeMeet Shekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’ girl Ayesha KapurWhy is Katrina praising ex boyfriend Salman so muchSadhana from a mystery girl to a clubberFive Bollywood sex ComediesSaina and Pullela Gopichand splitSonam\'s fiery statements too hot to handle
Novak Djokovic didn't let Philipp Kohlschreiber stand in the way of another Grand Slam qu
C'garh Cong to declare candidates for assembly seats Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 04:43:55 PM IST File Photo
In a bid to turn the tide in BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh where it has suffered frequent drubbings in elections, the opposition Congress might announce names of contestants from select Assembly seats, which it considers "weak", well in advance for 2013 polls.
"Congress will try to announce names of candidates at least three months in advance on those seats where the party suffered frequent defeats in past elections," AICC general secretary and state in-charge B K Hariprasad said. He was addressing a workshop for party workers at Ramanujganj.
Taking a dig at BJP over suspension of Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani, Hariprasad said, "the BJP has always adopted double standards.
When Jethmalani pointed finger at Lord Ram, the saffron party which centres its politics around Lord Ram kept mum. Now, when Jethmalani questioned the dubious business deals involving Nitin Gadkari he was suspended".
The state unit party chief Nand Kumar Patel claimed the ruling Raman Singh government would have to bite the dust in the 2013 Assembly elections as "people are fed up with its ill-governance".
As part of its preparedness for polls, Congress is organising dedicated workshops for party workers at as many as 51 seats from where the party has no representation in the state Assembly.
Patel said that these "weak" seats are mainly spread across the tribal-dominated region. "Congress lost on as many as 15 such seats in at least three elections. We will try to announce the names of contestants two-three months in advance so that the candidates and workers get an opportunity to expand their base and cultivate the concerned constituency," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sridevi's Bollywood comeback vehicle "English Vinglish" has registered a box office collec
- Alia-Shahid start shooting for Shaandar
- B-Wood leggy divas
- Sussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in he new home
- When public watched porn film instead of Desi Kattey songs
- Meet Shekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’ girl Ayesha Kapur
- Why is Katrina praising ex boyfriend Salman so much
- Sadhana from a mystery girl to a clubber
- Five Bollywood sex Comedies
Oldest human on earth, a Mexican woman, celebrated her 127th birthday on Sunday.
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l