- Rare, unseen pics of Arpita\'s weddingHas Saif lost his stardom?Meet junior Lata MangeshkarWhat Katrina Kaif eatsSmriti Irani, from sweeper at McDonald to union ministerTaylor Swifts strips clothesJacqueline Fernandez\'s stylish looks in RoyGauri, Sussanne, Twinkle freak out togetherKiss me not, my dear!I feel comfortable in saree: Paoli
Despite being the table toppers with 19 points from 10 games, Chennayin FC player-cum-man
C'garh Cong to declare candidates for assembly seats Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 04:43:55 PM IST File Photo
In a bid to turn the tide in BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh where it has suffered frequent drubbings in elections, the opposition Congress might announce names of contestants from select Assembly seats, which it considers "weak", well in advance for 2013 polls.
"Congress will try to announce names of candidates at least three months in advance on those seats where the party suffered frequent defeats in past elections," AICC general secretary and state in-charge B K Hariprasad said. He was addressing a workshop for party workers at Ramanujganj.
Taking a dig at BJP over suspension of Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani, Hariprasad said, "the BJP has always adopted double standards.
When Jethmalani pointed finger at Lord Ram, the saffron party which centres its politics around Lord Ram kept mum. Now, when Jethmalani questioned the dubious business deals involving Nitin Gadkari he was suspended".
The state unit party chief Nand Kumar Patel claimed the ruling Raman Singh government would have to bite the dust in the 2013 Assembly elections as "people are fed up with its ill-governance".
As part of its preparedness for polls, Congress is organising dedicated workshops for party workers at as many as 51 seats from where the party has no representation in the state Assembly.
Patel said that these "weak" seats are mainly spread across the tribal-dominated region. "Congress lost on as many as 15 such seats in at least three elections. We will try to announce the names of contestants two-three months in advance so that the candidates and workers get an opportunity to expand their base and cultivate the concerned constituency," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
We bring you the unseen pics of Arpita Khan's marriage.
- 'Bajirao Mastani' role one of my hardest ever: Priyanka Chopra
- Has Saif lost his stardom?
- Meet junior Lata Mangeshkar
- What Katrina Kaif eats
- Nicole Kidman happy to be bad girl
- Taylor Swifts strips clothes
- Jacqueline Fernandez's stylish looks in Roy
- I was the inspiration behind Aamir's role in '3 Idiots': Vidhu Vinod Chopra
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.