- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumpsSonam sends love to Fawad on birthday
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
C'garh Cong to declare candidates for assembly seats Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 04:43:55 PM IST File Photo
In a bid to turn the tide in BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh where it has suffered frequent drubbings in elections, the opposition Congress might announce names of contestants from select Assembly seats, which it considers "weak", well in advance for 2013 polls.
"Congress will try to announce names of candidates at least three months in advance on those seats where the party suffered frequent defeats in past elections," AICC general secretary and state in-charge B K Hariprasad said. He was addressing a workshop for party workers at Ramanujganj.
Taking a dig at BJP over suspension of Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani, Hariprasad said, "the BJP has always adopted double standards.
When Jethmalani pointed finger at Lord Ram, the saffron party which centres its politics around Lord Ram kept mum. Now, when Jethmalani questioned the dubious business deals involving Nitin Gadkari he was suspended".
The state unit party chief Nand Kumar Patel claimed the ruling Raman Singh government would have to bite the dust in the 2013 Assembly elections as "people are fed up with its ill-governance".
As part of its preparedness for polls, Congress is organising dedicated workshops for party workers at as many as 51 seats from where the party has no representation in the state Assembly.
Patel said that these "weak" seats are mainly spread across the tribal-dominated region. "Congress lost on as many as 15 such seats in at least three elections. We will try to announce the names of contestants two-three months in advance so that the candidates and workers get an opportunity to expand their base and cultivate the concerned constituency," he said.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone's love saga 'Tamasha' is going strong since its release
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
- Big B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his next
- Daisy wants to explore more
- Hathaway flaunts baby bumps
- Sonam sends love to Fawad on birthday
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl