- HT Mumbai\'s most stylish awardBedroom secrets for happy married lifeSachin, Lata falicitated during an eventHow horrible these celebs look without makeup!!Salman Khan to marry Iulia VanturSpiritual way for the naughty onesSRK, Deepika at \'Kochadaiiyaan\' music launchRaagini Makkar wins IGT 5Relationship makes Deepika completePICS: Maria Sharapova\'s tips for men\'s tennis
To lengthen careers, men's tennis should have three sets like women's feels Maria Sharapov
C'garh Cong to declare candidates for assembly seats Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 04:43:55 PM IST File Photo
In a bid to turn the tide in BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh where it has suffered frequent drubbings in elections, the opposition Congress might announce names of contestants from select Assembly seats, which it considers "weak", well in advance for 2013 polls.
"Congress will try to announce names of candidates at least three months in advance on those seats where the party suffered frequent defeats in past elections," AICC general secretary and state in-charge B K Hariprasad said. He was addressing a workshop for party workers at Ramanujganj.
Taking a dig at BJP over suspension of Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani, Hariprasad said, "the BJP has always adopted double standards.
When Jethmalani pointed finger at Lord Ram, the saffron party which centres its politics around Lord Ram kept mum. Now, when Jethmalani questioned the dubious business deals involving Nitin Gadkari he was suspended".
The state unit party chief Nand Kumar Patel claimed the ruling Raman Singh government would have to bite the dust in the 2013 Assembly elections as "people are fed up with its ill-governance".
As part of its preparedness for polls, Congress is organising dedicated workshops for party workers at as many as 51 seats from where the party has no representation in the state Assembly.
Patel said that these "weak" seats are mainly spread across the tribal-dominated region. "Congress lost on as many as 15 such seats in at least three elections. We will try to announce the names of contestants two-three months in advance so that the candidates and workers get an opportunity to expand their base and cultivate the concerned constituency," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was in Chennai to launch the audio of Rajinikant's 'Koc
- HT Mumbai's most stylish award
- 'Look simple on wedding day'
- Khloe Kardashian flaunts curves
- On a comeback, Elizabeth Hurley to play TV queen
- How horrible these celebs look without makeup!!
- My boyfriend doesn't allow me to shoot with other men: Shakira
- Madonna announces collaboration with Avicii
- Madhuri's acting made me feel I was on screen: Sampat Pal
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric