- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called offAnushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'How to look gorgeous beyond 30s
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
Special status not possible for Bihar: Montek Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 10:53:07 PM IST File photo of India's Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
It will not be possible for the Centre to tweak the criteria for special state status so as to only benefit Bihar, which has been pitching strongly for it, the Plan panel said on Monday.
"It will not be possible (for the central government) to revisit the criteria for special status only in the context of Bihar...," Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia told reporters here.
"At the same time, the existing criteria for special status can be reviewed only by National Development Council which has set the norms," he added.
The Centre has informed the Bihar government of its stand and it was communicated to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Delhi recently, Ahluwalia said.
Changing special status criteria for Bihar not possible: Montek Ahluwalia
He said he had advised Kumar that it would serve Bihar better if it sought special package for development instead.
"The point is that Bihar needs financial resources for development and the Centre is open to the idea of extending special package to the state.
"Bihar needs more resources to fund development. That can be done by the Centre through a special package," he said, adding that the Centre was committed to give special treatment to the state.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been persistently demanding special status for the state and his party had flayed the Centre for its rejection by the inter-ministerial group.
Kumar had also announced holding of a rally in Delhi on March 17 to force the Centre to concede the demand.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mona Darling is a horror-thriller set in the contemporary, post-cyber world. And the titul
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
- Deepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'
- This is what Kareena expects from 'Rangoon'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major