- Nil Battey Sannata Review: Swara Bhaskar's Mother-Daughter story encourages!Decor tips to get your house summer readyMeet sexy babe Vaani KapoorSee some popular selfie poses, choose the one you likeFantastic Box Office Collection: 'The Jungle Book' debuts with over $100 mnOMG! Pratyusha was pregnantLook who gate crashed Bipasha's bachelorette partyWhy is Kangna not recording her statement: Hrithik's lawyersScariest character I have ever played: Shahid on 'Udta Punjab'Jabong launches international fashion brand Mexx in India
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal defeated Nitchaon Jindapol of Thailand in straight games
Special status not possible for Bihar: Montek Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 10:53:07 PM IST File photo of India's Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
It will not be possible for the Centre to tweak the criteria for special state status so as to only benefit Bihar, which has been pitching strongly for it, the Plan panel said on Monday.
"It will not be possible (for the central government) to revisit the criteria for special status only in the context of Bihar...," Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia told reporters here.
"At the same time, the existing criteria for special status can be reviewed only by National Development Council which has set the norms," he added.
The Centre has informed the Bihar government of its stand and it was communicated to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Delhi recently, Ahluwalia said.
Changing special status criteria for Bihar not possible: Montek Ahluwalia
He said he had advised Kumar that it would serve Bihar better if it sought special package for development instead.
"The point is that Bihar needs financial resources for development and the Centre is open to the idea of extending special package to the state.
"Bihar needs more resources to fund development. That can be done by the Centre through a special package," he said, adding that the Centre was committed to give special treatment to the state.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been persistently demanding special status for the state and his party had flayed the Centre for its rejection by the inter-ministerial group.
Kumar had also announced holding of a rally in Delhi on March 17 to force the Centre to concede the demand.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former India cricket captain Sourav Ganguly believes the appointment of Bollywood actor Sa
- Mamta, spouse under probe in narcotics racket
- Bipasha-Karan wedding celebrations begin
- Girls love my eyes: SRK
- 'The Man Who Knew...' unravels the mystique of Ramanujan Rating: *****
- 'Mother's Day': A light-hearted celebration.
- Unfair to call me 'arrogant' for supporting Salman: Salim Khan
- 'Make In India' most important initiative by Modi: SRK
- Neetu Chandra writes open letter to Alia Bhatt, Chaubey
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Gone are the days when laptops were marketed as fastest, smartest, biggest or best on the