- I've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat KaurKatrina shares her look from 'Jagga Jasoos'I fear getting complacent in showbiz: Kalki KoechlinDance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta KapurCommon myths about modular kitchens bustedAnna Hazare to appear on The Kapil Sharma ShowModern day jewellery trendsKangana an inspiration to many: TamannaahPriyanka Chopra inspires Disha PataniKnow all about Yuvraj-Hazel December wedding
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Special status not possible for Bihar: Montek Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 10:53:07 PM IST File photo of India's Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
It will not be possible for the Centre to tweak the criteria for special state status so as to only benefit Bihar, which has been pitching strongly for it, the Plan panel said on Monday.
"It will not be possible (for the central government) to revisit the criteria for special status only in the context of Bihar...," Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia told reporters here.
"At the same time, the existing criteria for special status can be reviewed only by National Development Council which has set the norms," he added.
The Centre has informed the Bihar government of its stand and it was communicated to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Delhi recently, Ahluwalia said.
Changing special status criteria for Bihar not possible: Montek Ahluwalia
He said he had advised Kumar that it would serve Bihar better if it sought special package for development instead.
"The point is that Bihar needs financial resources for development and the Centre is open to the idea of extending special package to the state.
"Bihar needs more resources to fund development. That can be done by the Centre through a special package," he said, adding that the Centre was committed to give special treatment to the state.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been persistently demanding special status for the state and his party had flayed the Centre for its rejection by the inter-ministerial group.
Kumar had also announced holding of a rally in Delhi on March 17 to force the Centre to concede the demand.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Legendary singer Kailash Kher recently shot a promotional Video for "Swachha Bharat Abhiya
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Salman gets inspired from Indiana Jones
- I've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat Kaur
- Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
- Deepika reveals her first kiss
- Katrina shares her look from 'Jagga Jasoos'
- I fear getting complacent in showbiz: Kalki Koechlin
- Big B's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
A human skeleton found during the ongoing excavation of the famous Antikythera Shipwreck -
With a focus on tech-savvy consumers who need compact machines with on-the-go printing f