- What a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met SaifParineeti gets in a new skinWhy was Kareena-Arjun intimate scenes deleted?Who will win 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded'?Katrina-Arjun\'s \'Fitoor\' wraps shootingWhen Kapil was pushed out of Aishwarya\'s vanity vanPriyanka to return to India for \'Bajirao\' shoot next week
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
Special status not possible for Bihar: Montek Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 10:53:07 PM IST File photo of India's Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
It will not be possible for the Centre to tweak the criteria for special state status so as to only benefit Bihar, which has been pitching strongly for it, the Plan panel said on Monday.
"It will not be possible (for the central government) to revisit the criteria for special status only in the context of Bihar...," Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia told reporters here.
"At the same time, the existing criteria for special status can be reviewed only by National Development Council which has set the norms," he added.
The Centre has informed the Bihar government of its stand and it was communicated to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Delhi recently, Ahluwalia said.
Changing special status criteria for Bihar not possible: Montek Ahluwalia
He said he had advised Kumar that it would serve Bihar better if it sought special package for development instead.
"The point is that Bihar needs financial resources for development and the Centre is open to the idea of extending special package to the state.
"Bihar needs more resources to fund development. That can be done by the Centre through a special package," he said, adding that the Centre was committed to give special treatment to the state.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been persistently demanding special status for the state and his party had flayed the Centre for its rejection by the inter-ministerial group.
Kumar had also announced holding of a rally in Delhi on March 17 to force the Centre to concede the demand.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here take a look at the confirm participants of 'Bigg Boss 9'.
- Watch Salman Khan's 'Prem Leela' in 'PRDP'
- Konkona elated with 'Talvar' success
- Actress who were physically assaulted
- When Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 km
- Karisma's ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriend
- What a comeback Aishwarya!
- Aditi Rao Hydri goes topless
- Surveen Chawla not to enter 'Bigg Boss 9'
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Microsoft launched LUMIA 640 LTE 4G device priced at Rs 17,399 with an aim to widen its po