- D-company men are out to kill Chhota Rajan in AustraliaAgain love overshadow marriage in Salman\'s lifeSunny Leone appears in bikini at 'Splitsvilla 8'Lovato blasts at bikini hatersLove is back in Salman's lifeLongoria wants to be female ClooneyShruthi Seth lands in controversyWhy is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?Salman missing 'party days'Garam Dharam upset with media
World and Olympic champions The Netherlands rallied to prevail 2-1 over Asian Games gold m
Special status not possible for Bihar: Montek Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 10:53:07 PM IST File photo of India's Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
It will not be possible for the Centre to tweak the criteria for special state status so as to only benefit Bihar, which has been pitching strongly for it, the Plan panel said on Monday.
"It will not be possible (for the central government) to revisit the criteria for special status only in the context of Bihar...," Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia told reporters here.
"At the same time, the existing criteria for special status can be reviewed only by National Development Council which has set the norms," he added.
The Centre has informed the Bihar government of its stand and it was communicated to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Delhi recently, Ahluwalia said.
Changing special status criteria for Bihar not possible: Montek Ahluwalia
He said he had advised Kumar that it would serve Bihar better if it sought special package for development instead.
"The point is that Bihar needs financial resources for development and the Centre is open to the idea of extending special package to the state.
"Bihar needs more resources to fund development. That can be done by the Centre through a special package," he said, adding that the Centre was committed to give special treatment to the state.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been persistently demanding special status for the state and his party had flayed the Centre for its rejection by the inter-ministerial group.
Kumar had also announced holding of a rally in Delhi on March 17 to force the Centre to concede the demand.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Reality TV star Kim Kardashian has admitted she and rapper husband Kanye West are two very
- I get more respect when I colour my hair brown: Blake Lively
- Again love overshadow marriage in Salman's life
- Sunny Leone appears in bikini at 'Splitsvilla 8'
- Lovato blasts at bikini haters
- Love is back in Salman's life
- Longoria wants to be female Clooney
- Shruthi Seth lands in controversy
- Salman scoffs at legal notice
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe