- What did SRK whisper into Ash\'s ears ?Lauren Goodger sex tape goes viralThis is how Aishwarya lost weightFive worst films in last five years\'Kick\' to break \'Jai Ho\' recordsEid Mubarak wallpapers and imagesHumaima Malik liked kissing Raja Natwarlal costar Emraan Hashmi5 unknown facts of Jacqueline FernandezPics: Salman Khan will never get married; find out whyThese Bollywood actors turned singers for their movies
Look at the nations how they have fared in the medals tally at the 20th Commonwealth Game
Special status not possible for Bihar: Montek Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 10:53:07 PM IST File photo of India's Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
It will not be possible for the Centre to tweak the criteria for special state status so as to only benefit Bihar, which has been pitching strongly for it, the Plan panel said on Monday.
"It will not be possible (for the central government) to revisit the criteria for special status only in the context of Bihar...," Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia told reporters here.
"At the same time, the existing criteria for special status can be reviewed only by National Development Council which has set the norms," he added.
The Centre has informed the Bihar government of its stand and it was communicated to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Delhi recently, Ahluwalia said.
Changing special status criteria for Bihar not possible: Montek Ahluwalia
He said he had advised Kumar that it would serve Bihar better if it sought special package for development instead.
"The point is that Bihar needs financial resources for development and the Centre is open to the idea of extending special package to the state.
"Bihar needs more resources to fund development. That can be done by the Centre through a special package," he said, adding that the Centre was committed to give special treatment to the state.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been persistently demanding special status for the state and his party had flayed the Centre for its rejection by the inter-ministerial group.
Kumar had also announced holding of a rally in Delhi on March 17 to force the Centre to concede the demand.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Is the frosty ties between Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai now over?
- Lauren Goodger sex tape goes viral
- Bollywood wishes Eid Mubarak
- SRK posts Slam: The Tour teaser
- This is how Aishwarya lost weight
- Five worst films in last five years
- 'Kick' to break 'Jai Ho' records
- Humaima Malik liked kissing Raja Natwarlal costar Emraan Hashmi
- 5 unknown facts of Jacqueline Fernandez
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar