- Ranveer Singh bald look for \'Bajirao Mastaani\'Why did Dia Mirza interrupt the priest at her wedding?Diya Mirza wedding albumSome unknown facts of Nargis FakiriBirthday special: Bollywood\'s hot actress Nargis Fakhri turns 35Natasa eliminated from \'Bigg Boss 8\'Khiladi Akshay Kumar turns real-life hero for hottie Shruti HaasanNoyonita wins Miss Diva Universe 2014Why Deepika impresses Shah Rukh KhanTV presenter\'s nude photos leaked
London Olympic bronze medal winning shuttler Saina Nehwal will spearhead the Indian challe
Special status not possible for Bihar: Montek Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 10:53:07 PM IST File photo of India's Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
It will not be possible for the Centre to tweak the criteria for special state status so as to only benefit Bihar, which has been pitching strongly for it, the Plan panel said on Monday.
"It will not be possible (for the central government) to revisit the criteria for special status only in the context of Bihar...," Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia told reporters here.
"At the same time, the existing criteria for special status can be reviewed only by National Development Council which has set the norms," he added.
The Centre has informed the Bihar government of its stand and it was communicated to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Delhi recently, Ahluwalia said.
Changing special status criteria for Bihar not possible: Montek Ahluwalia
He said he had advised Kumar that it would serve Bihar better if it sought special package for development instead.
"The point is that Bihar needs financial resources for development and the Centre is open to the idea of extending special package to the state.
"Bihar needs more resources to fund development. That can be done by the Centre through a special package," he said, adding that the Centre was committed to give special treatment to the state.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been persistently demanding special status for the state and his party had flayed the Centre for its rejection by the inter-ministerial group.
Kumar had also announced holding of a rally in Delhi on March 17 to force the Centre to concede the demand.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Finally actor Ranveer Singh has shaved off his head for his upcoming film 'Bajirao Mastaan
- Why did Dia Mirza interrupt the priest at her wedding?
- Video: Watch trailer of Illayathalapathy Vijay's upcoming Kaththi
- Diya Mirza wedding album
- Some unknown facts of Nargis Fakiri
- Birthday special: Bollywood's hot actress Nargis Fakhri turns 35
- Natasa eliminated from 'Bigg Boss 8'
- Khiladi Akshay Kumar turns real-life hero for hottie Shruti Haasan
- Why Deepika impresses Shah Rukh Khan
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country