- Landslide near Pune, 17 deadChicken has antibiotics!PICS: Metro overloaded! Passengers asked to deboardSalman\'s big heart for KidsAamir celebrates Eid with ex wife ReenaMandakini\'s semi-nude photos had created an uproarNo formula for blockbuster movies: Salman KhanSalman and Eid are deadly combo,set to strike Rs 600 CrWorld War I revisitedIndian heroes at CWG 2014
The Indian team at the CWG 2014 Glasgow are doing the nation proud with their medal winnin
Anna Hazare not impressed with Sonia Gandhi Last Updated : 29 Jan 2013 07:11:43 PM IST Social activist Anna Hazare during a visit to Jai Prakash Narayan museum in Patna on Tuesday.
Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday said assurances like the one by Sonia Gandhi that Lokpal Bill would be passed in the budget session of Parliament were being made for the past two years and said intentions of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Congress President on it were 'not clear'.
"Such letters and assurances (like the one by Sonia Gandhi) are coming for the past two years. Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had earlier too written such letters to me promising to pass the Lokpal bill," Hazare told reporters here.
"(Their) intention is not clear ... They have been cheating people time and again ... If they had been honest one or at best two parliamentary sessions would have been sufficient to do it (pass the Lokpal bill)," he said.
Asked if he had any expectation from Congress Vice-president Rahul Gandhi on the bill, he said "Everybody is the same. All of them are cheating the people."
Anna not impressed with Sonia assurance on Lokpal Bill:
Sonia Gandhi had written a letter to Hazare recently and send it to his Rale Sidhi village home assuring him that the Lokpal Bill, which he is struggling for, would be passed in the coming budget session of Parliament.
The letter was sent days before Hazare launches his fresh campaign from Patna tomorrow.
Hazare, who was accompanied by retired army chief V K Singh, said he would launch a nation-wide 'movement for 'changing the system to fulfil the 'dreams of Mahatama Gandhi and Jaiprakash Narayan'.
He is scheduled to launch a country-wide 'Vyawastha Parivartan' (change in system) programme and address a "Jantranta rally" here tomorrow.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rani Mukerji's next film Mardaani has become the first movie from Yash Raj Films to get an
- Images: Avatar star Zoe Saldana goes nude for Women's Health magazine
- Gutthi will return for Akshay Kumar in Comedy Nights With Kapil?
- Bet you probably did not know this about Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Salman's big heart for Kids
- Aamir celebrates Eid with ex wife Reena
- WATCH: '50 Shades of Grey' trailer most-watched of 2014
- Mandakini's semi-nude photos had created an uproar
- B - Town praises PC’s Mary Kom trailer
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.