- New hotties in BollywoodSunny Leone goes desi wayImages: Salman Khan, rumored girlfriend Jacqueline celebrate EidImages: Hot Evelyn Sharma finds Varun Dhawan super cuteOMG! Salman Khan turned down Hercules movie offer for KickVideo: Irina Shayk looks sizzling hot in Hercules opposite Dwayne JohnsonKolkata best city to liveLFW 2014: Curtain raiser held in Mumbai, view pics5 Reasons Why You HAVE To Check Out the ‘MARY KOM’Samsung launches affordable phones
With three more Gold, India moved to fifth spot in the Commonwealth Games 2014 at Glasgow
Railways have derailed since I left office: Lalu Last Updated : 12 Jan 2013 06:12:36 PM IST File Photo
Criticising the rise in train fares, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Saturday said that the railways have "derailed" since he left the office of railway minister.
"The railway has derailed from the track.... The people in power are trying to destroy the lifeline of the country," Prasad told reporters.
Claiming that revenue generation from the passenger fare hike would be paltry, he said, it had not gone down well with passengers.
Instead of raising the passenger fare, the government should have revisited the freight rate and put in place additional infrastructure for improving freight service, the former railway minister said.
Prasad said that he was the first railway minister to pay special attention to freight service to generate additional revenue.
He said that he had started work to connect Ludhiana and Howrah and Mumbai and Delhi with goods trains, but his successors did not carry out the projects to the logical conclusion.
He said his initiatives to promote warehousing for traders to transport their goods had not been followed by his successors.
On the price rise, the RJD supremo demanded convening of an all-party meeting to take into account the views of all.
He said that state governments should cut various taxes on petroleum products to provide a respite to the people.
Prasad, whose party the RJD extends ouside support to the UPA government, said that the next general elections would take place on schedule and ruled out a midterm polls.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here we bring some hot babes who are waiting in the line to set the big screen on fire.
- Sunny Leone goes desi way
- Watch trailer of Sin City 2: Eva Green nude scene causes ban
- Images: Salman Khan, rumored girlfriend Jacqueline celebrate Eid
- Images: Hot Evelyn Sharma finds Varun Dhawan super cute
- OMG! Salman Khan turned down Hercules movie offer for Kick
- Video: Irina Shayk looks sizzling hot in Hercules opposite Dwayne Johnson
- 5 Reasons Why You HAVE To Check Out the ‘MARY KOM’
- Tamanchey Trailer out: Richa Chadda back as hottest burglar
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Samsung has launched three new smartphones priced below Rs 10,000 range.