- Jacqueline dazzles the ramp at LFW 2014, view picsSonakshi’s superhot avatar Desi Kalakaar, view picsWatch Sunny Leone’s unseen bikini photosSalman owns these carsWill Salman Khan pose nude for Aamir?TVS launches Scooty ZestShilpa Shetty, Sushmita Sen in sexy outfits at LFWPriyanka wary of hot scenesIce water Challenge goes viral in BollywoodBipasha becomes new tantrum queen of Bollywood?
Top-ranked Serena Williams is seeded No. 1 as she seeks her third straight US Open title.
Railways have derailed since I left office: Lalu Last Updated : 12 Jan 2013 06:12:36 PM IST File Photo
Criticising the rise in train fares, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Saturday said that the railways have "derailed" since he left the office of railway minister.
"The railway has derailed from the track.... The people in power are trying to destroy the lifeline of the country," Prasad told reporters.
Claiming that revenue generation from the passenger fare hike would be paltry, he said, it had not gone down well with passengers.
Instead of raising the passenger fare, the government should have revisited the freight rate and put in place additional infrastructure for improving freight service, the former railway minister said.
Prasad said that he was the first railway minister to pay special attention to freight service to generate additional revenue.
He said that he had started work to connect Ludhiana and Howrah and Mumbai and Delhi with goods trains, but his successors did not carry out the projects to the logical conclusion.
He said his initiatives to promote warehousing for traders to transport their goods had not been followed by his successors.
On the price rise, the RJD supremo demanded convening of an all-party meeting to take into account the views of all.
He said that state governments should cut various taxes on petroleum products to provide a respite to the people.
Prasad, whose party the RJD extends ouside support to the UPA government, said that the next general elections would take place on schedule and ruled out a midterm polls.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Role of Mastani is a dream role for any Bollywood diva, why did Katrina refuse this?
- Jacqueline dazzles the ramp at LFW 2014, view pics
- Sonakshi’s superhot avatar Desi Kalakaar, view pics
- Bang Bang movie ‘Tu Meri’ song teaser out, watch now
- Watch Sunny Leone’s unseen bikini photos
- Salman owns these cars
- Will Salman Khan pose nude for Aamir?
- Shilpa Shetty, Sushmita Sen in sexy outfits at LFW
- Priyanka wary of hot scenes
It is super wired, shocking and unnatural but it is true. A donkey in Saudi avoided rape a
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart