- Hollywood calling for Jacqueline FernandezHrithik-Kat at ‘Bang Bang’ title track launch: View PicsRajnikanth stalls release of Main Hoon RajnikanthPICS: Jinping\'s an evening in GujaratBigg Boss 8:Know all about the final contestantsPics of Kareena-Karisma enjoying in DubaiKatrina Kaif finally admits dating Ranbir KapoorRekha, Sridevi, Neetu looks gorgeousSRK\'s daughter is a good footballerNeha\'s sexy avtaar in Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami
With the untimely pull out of two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar, all eyes will be o
Country's youth upbeat over Modi's nomination for PM post: BJP Last Updated : 21 Sep 2013 11:03:04 PM IST BJP feels people are happy over Narendra Modi's nomination as PM candidate (File Photo)
Slamming the UPA government over issues of corruption and inflation, BJP said on Saturday the countrymen are upbeat over Narendra Modi's nomination for the prime minister's post.
The party also said that people are eager to vote the Congress out of power.
"Ever since Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's candidature was declared by BJP for the PM post, there is
enthusiasm among people, especially the youth. People are now eagerly waiting for the elections so that Congress is thrown out of power," BJP Spokesperson and Rajya Sabha MP Prakash Javadekar told reporters in Chandrapur, Maharashtra, on Saturday.
"People are in search of a leader who can deliver, as they are utterly disappointed with the UPA's performance," he said.
Party's Mission 272+
On BJP's strategy for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls, he said the party is on the 'Mission 272+' (aim of getting more than 272 seats).
Javadekar expressed confidence that the party will bag 38 seats from Maharashtra.
"After a careful analysis, the party hopes to bag 272 seats in Lok Sabha. Efforts will be made to train party cadres to take the issues to people of their respective areas in a systematic manner by highlighting
Practically nothing was spared from corruption during the Congress rule.
failures of the UPA government at the Centre," he said.
Confusion in Cong over Rahul
On Congress' nomination for PM candidate, he said, "Confusion prevails in Congress on the issue of declaring Rahul Gandhi as its PM candidate."
Criticising the Centre, he said the UPA government has failed on all fronts and failed to check inflation, "though there is renowned economist as the Prime Minister."
On the issue of corruption, he said, "Practically nothing was spared from corruption during the Congress rule. There was corruption in air- the 2G spectrum scandal, in land, the coalgate scam and so forth."
Javadekar said that in 2009 the UPA had promised the people that inflation would be controlled within 100 days of assuming power.
"However, it proved to be totally false, as it yet to achieve the same even as time is fast approaching for the next general elections."
UPA disppointed farmers
Alleging that the UPA has also disappointed farmers, Javadekar said, "In case of Vidarbha, it is equally disappointing as the package against suicide of farmers was a complete failure.
"No compensation was paid to farmers against loss of crops due to excessive rains despite Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan's visit to the affected areas."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sri Lankan stunner Jacqueline Fernandez has bagged a lead role in a Hollywood film.
- Hrithik-Kat at ‘Bang Bang’ title track launch: View Pics
- ‘Kill Dil’ Trailer out: Watch now
- Rajnikanth stalls release of Main Hoon Rajnikanth
- Hrithik-Katrina look superhot in ‘Bang Bang’ song: Watch
- IFFI 2014 will focus on Chinese cinema: Shankar Mohan
- Richa Chadha bags international film
- Bigg Boss 8:Know all about the final contestants
- Pics of Kareena-Karisma enjoying in Dubai
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr