- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shootBipasha sizzles in bikini at MaldivesHow romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!Rani Mukerji on Vogue, Kajol on ElleKalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav GuptaYakub Memon buried at Bada Khabristan'Missile Man' laid to rest with emotional farewellMercedes launches 3 new modelsDhanush's movie reached Venice Film FestivalKareena, Arjun's most awaited film 'Ka and Ki' of year 2016
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
Gujarat Assembly election 2012: Narendra Modi releases Manifesto Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 03:36:58 PM IST File Photo
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday released BJP's manifesto for the state Assembly elections, saying that it is a blueprint for development of all sections of the society.
The party's manifesto promises to address the problems of urban and rural housing, water, irrigation apart from resolving farmers' issues.
In it, Modi has promised to define a new category of "neo-middle class," those who have grown above the poverty line but still do not come in the category of middle class.
Modi said his government will form various schemes to benefit this class who need a helping hand.
"Due to development in Gujarat in the last ten years, there has been substantial rise in this neo-middle class. We want to address their issues," Modi said.
Seemingly to counter the Congress' poll promises of providing clothes and houses at an affordable rate to rural and urban poor respectively, the BJP manifesto promises to construct 50 lakh new houses in the next five years.
Congress' promised scheme of low-cost housing had gained huge response from the people and thousands had queued up in urban and rural areas to get the forms distributed by the party.
However, when asked if his manifesto promise of making 50 lakh houses was in reply to the opposition party's scheme, Modi said many parties like Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and JD (U) have also released their manifestoes.
"Before the last elections, we had promised 20 lakh houses and before this polls, we are promising 50 lakh houses," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan will be the showstopper for the grand finale of Lakme Fashion
- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shoot
- Riteish supports Salman's tweets on Yakub Memon
- Bipasha sizzles in bikini at Maldives
- Madhur, Aditi Hydari to dazzle the ramp at IIJW
- A Pak girl crosses border to meet Salman-Sharukh, BB style
- How romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!
- Caitlyn and Kris's first meet after gender transition
- See what tough time Katrina-Saif had shooting for Phantom
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that