- India launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'Leone calls Salman her godfatherThe Lunchbox named best film in TorontoHow Malala Yousafzai was sot dead:See in picsShocking pictures of Peshawar school attackFarha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fansSchoolchildren observe silence
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Gujarat Assembly election 2012: Narendra Modi releases Manifesto Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 03:36:58 PM IST File Photo
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday released BJP's manifesto for the state Assembly elections, saying that it is a blueprint for development of all sections of the society.
The party's manifesto promises to address the problems of urban and rural housing, water, irrigation apart from resolving farmers' issues.
In it, Modi has promised to define a new category of "neo-middle class," those who have grown above the poverty line but still do not come in the category of middle class.
Modi said his government will form various schemes to benefit this class who need a helping hand.
"Due to development in Gujarat in the last ten years, there has been substantial rise in this neo-middle class. We want to address their issues," Modi said.
Seemingly to counter the Congress' poll promises of providing clothes and houses at an affordable rate to rural and urban poor respectively, the BJP manifesto promises to construct 50 lakh new houses in the next five years.
Congress' promised scheme of low-cost housing had gained huge response from the people and thousands had queued up in urban and rural areas to get the forms distributed by the party.
However, when asked if his manifesto promise of making 50 lakh houses was in reply to the opposition party's scheme, Modi said many parties like Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and JD (U) have also released their manifestoes.
"Before the last elections, we had promised 20 lakh houses and before this polls, we are promising 50 lakh houses," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
These ten girls made their Bollywood debuts in 2014.
- Nargis Fakhri romancing India with selfie
- Meet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'
- Leone calls Salman her godfather
- PICS: Toronto Film Critics name The Lunchbox as best film
- I am ready for performance-oriented films: Sonakshi Sinha
- Big B is the king of Twitter: report
- Farha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'
- Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fans
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer