- Halle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir KhanFirst fish hospital in Kolkata soonMany faces of Shah Rukh KhanIndia celebrates Diwali with traditional fervourCamila Alves pressured husband
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Gujarat Assembly election 2012: Narendra Modi releases Manifesto Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 03:36:58 PM IST File Photo
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday released BJP's manifesto for the state Assembly elections, saying that it is a blueprint for development of all sections of the society.
The party's manifesto promises to address the problems of urban and rural housing, water, irrigation apart from resolving farmers' issues.
In it, Modi has promised to define a new category of "neo-middle class," those who have grown above the poverty line but still do not come in the category of middle class.
Modi said his government will form various schemes to benefit this class who need a helping hand.
"Due to development in Gujarat in the last ten years, there has been substantial rise in this neo-middle class. We want to address their issues," Modi said.
Seemingly to counter the Congress' poll promises of providing clothes and houses at an affordable rate to rural and urban poor respectively, the BJP manifesto promises to construct 50 lakh new houses in the next five years.
Congress' promised scheme of low-cost housing had gained huge response from the people and thousands had queued up in urban and rural areas to get the forms distributed by the party.
However, when asked if his manifesto promise of making 50 lakh houses was in reply to the opposition party's scheme, Modi said many parties like Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and JD (U) have also released their manifestoes.
"Before the last elections, we had promised 20 lakh houses and before this polls, we are promising 50 lakh houses," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pop star Katy Perry has reportedly cancelled her birthday trip to Egypt.
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
- Images: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in Dubai
- SONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!
- 'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir Khan
- Bollywood goes gaga over 'PK' teaser
- Many faces of Shah Rukh Khan
- Men tried to harass Taylor Swift
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country