- Shah Rukh wraps \'Dilwale\' shooting in IcelandKangana Ranaut to play an actress in \'Rangoon\'Kareena Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta close Lakme Fashion WeekKaran Johar to start filming \'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil\' in LondonI am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar AliaDid \'Shaandar\' because concept was fresh: Shahid KapoorFamous Bollywood star siblingsReview Phantom: 10 reasons to watch itSaif Ali does not want Kareena to sufferWhy Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon
Russian third seed Maria Sharapova withdrew from the US Open with a right leg injury, easi
Gujarat Assembly election 2012: Narendra Modi releases Manifesto Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 03:36:58 PM IST File Photo
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday released BJP's manifesto for the state Assembly elections, saying that it is a blueprint for development of all sections of the society.
The party's manifesto promises to address the problems of urban and rural housing, water, irrigation apart from resolving farmers' issues.
In it, Modi has promised to define a new category of "neo-middle class," those who have grown above the poverty line but still do not come in the category of middle class.
Modi said his government will form various schemes to benefit this class who need a helping hand.
"Due to development in Gujarat in the last ten years, there has been substantial rise in this neo-middle class. We want to address their issues," Modi said.
Seemingly to counter the Congress' poll promises of providing clothes and houses at an affordable rate to rural and urban poor respectively, the BJP manifesto promises to construct 50 lakh new houses in the next five years.
Congress' promised scheme of low-cost housing had gained huge response from the people and thousands had queued up in urban and rural areas to get the forms distributed by the party.
However, when asked if his manifesto promise of making 50 lakh houses was in reply to the opposition party's scheme, Modi said many parties like Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and JD (U) have also released their manifestoes.
"Before the last elections, we had promised 20 lakh houses and before this polls, we are promising 50 lakh houses," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has wrapped the shooting of a song with actress friend Kajol in I
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked
- Kangana Ranaut to play an actress in 'Rangoon'
- Kareena Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta close Lakme Fashion Week
- Pawandeep Rajan wins 'The Voice India'
- Karan Johar to start filming 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' in London
- I am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar Alia
- Did 'Shaandar' because concept was fresh: Shahid Kapoor
- Famous Bollywood star siblings
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.