- Amitabh-Aish at the opening of Kalyan JewellersYamaha launches 125cc bike SalutoChennai defeats Mumbai in IPLI'm ready Salman, says this B-Wood actressMeet Pooja who messed with SonakshiReview: Mr X a heavy-handed action fantasySexy Sunny's Leela going well on Box OfficeAditi Rao Hydari shows her loveAmyra Dastur, Emraan Hashmi's girl in Mr XList of Kim Kardashian's hot looks
The Auditor-General of Pakistan is set to carry out an audit of the national hockey federa
Gujarat Assembly election 2012: Narendra Modi releases Manifesto Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 03:36:58 PM IST File Photo
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday released BJP's manifesto for the state Assembly elections, saying that it is a blueprint for development of all sections of the society.
The party's manifesto promises to address the problems of urban and rural housing, water, irrigation apart from resolving farmers' issues.
In it, Modi has promised to define a new category of "neo-middle class," those who have grown above the poverty line but still do not come in the category of middle class.
Modi said his government will form various schemes to benefit this class who need a helping hand.
"Due to development in Gujarat in the last ten years, there has been substantial rise in this neo-middle class. We want to address their issues," Modi said.
Seemingly to counter the Congress' poll promises of providing clothes and houses at an affordable rate to rural and urban poor respectively, the BJP manifesto promises to construct 50 lakh new houses in the next five years.
Congress' promised scheme of low-cost housing had gained huge response from the people and thousands had queued up in urban and rural areas to get the forms distributed by the party.
However, when asked if his manifesto promise of making 50 lakh houses was in reply to the opposition party's scheme, Modi said many parties like Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and JD (U) have also released their manifestoes.
"Before the last elections, we had promised 20 lakh houses and before this polls, we are promising 50 lakh houses," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Tamil film actor Prabhu were among c
- I'm ready Salman, says this B-Wood actress
- Meet Pooja who messed with Sonakshi
- Review: Mr X a heavy-handed action fantasy
- Sexy Sunny's Leela going well on Box Office
- Aditi Rao Hydari shows her love
- Amyra Dastur, Emraan Hashmi's girl in Mr X
- 'Timepass' all set for its TV premiere
- Court summons Salman Khan
A research was done on people from Wasington and the result shows that the smell of sweat
Lenovo on Friday launched a slightly more powerful smartphone, the Lenovo A6000 Plus, pric