- Know all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil''Banjo': tedious, but braveMovie review 'Parched'These Bollywood films get affected by MNS diktatIncomplete Bollywood love storiesBollywood Biopics, saluting sports spiritExplore spiritual getaways in IndiaLagaan... based ride finds place at Dubai theme park
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Aiyar hurts, Shukla apologizes Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 03:42:16 PM IST Aiyar hurts, Shukla apologizes
An apparently embarrassed Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla tendered an immediate apology on behalf of Aiyar and informed the House that he will talk to him in this regard.
As members pressed for summoning the Congress member and referring the matter to the Ethics Committee of Parliament, Deputy Chairman P J Kurien hoped he will come and explain his position in the House.
He said, "If that does not happen, then there is a course of action...The Chair will examine the matter."
Earlier raising the matter soon after Question Hour, members of BJP, SP, BSP and Left parties were on their feet condemning Aiyar's remarks and demanding action against him.
Aiyar, during a television debate on logjam in Parliament on FDI, had reportedly made the remarks.
As members attacked the ruling party over Aiyar's remarks, Shukla sought to pacify them saying, "It is not a good thing. If he has said so then in my opinion it is totally inappropriate. I will talk to him and if he apologises, it will be good."
This was objected to by Naresh Agrawal (SP), who demanded an apology from Aiyar minus any ifs and buts..."If he does not apologise then action should be taken against him," he said.
Shukla said, "First of all, I apologise if he has made any such remarks...I will tell him to come and apologise to members if he has said so."
Kurien also said that since Aiyar is not present in the House, he should be given an opportunity to come and explain what he said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As MNS workers protested outside filmmaker Karan Johar's office here on Tuesday over Pakis
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
- Watch second trailer of 'Mirzya'
- Lisa Haydon announces her marriage
- Aarti Chabria wants to assist Farah Khan
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- April Florio tired of being linked to Brad Pitt
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho