- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
The All India Football Federation on Sunday announced the opening of online and outlet tic
Aiyar hurts, Shukla apologizes Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 03:42:16 PM IST Aiyar hurts, Shukla apologizes
An apparently embarrassed Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla tendered an immediate apology on behalf of Aiyar and informed the House that he will talk to him in this regard.
As members pressed for summoning the Congress member and referring the matter to the Ethics Committee of Parliament, Deputy Chairman P J Kurien hoped he will come and explain his position in the House.
He said, "If that does not happen, then there is a course of action...The Chair will examine the matter."
Earlier raising the matter soon after Question Hour, members of BJP, SP, BSP and Left parties were on their feet condemning Aiyar's remarks and demanding action against him.
Aiyar, during a television debate on logjam in Parliament on FDI, had reportedly made the remarks.
As members attacked the ruling party over Aiyar's remarks, Shukla sought to pacify them saying, "It is not a good thing. If he has said so then in my opinion it is totally inappropriate. I will talk to him and if he apologises, it will be good."
This was objected to by Naresh Agrawal (SP), who demanded an apology from Aiyar minus any ifs and buts..."If he does not apologise then action should be taken against him," he said.
Shukla said, "First of all, I apologise if he has made any such remarks...I will tell him to come and apologise to members if he has said so."
Kurien also said that since Aiyar is not present in the House, he should be given an opportunity to come and explain what he said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Boman Irani is open to the idea of going to Hollywood to explore a “different worl
- I admire Shah Rukh as a worker: Alia Bhatt
- Salman Khan's 'Being Salman' game out
- I don't believe in relationship goals: Esha Gupta
- I still have more to achieve: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Dadlani says he quit AAP on his own, calls AAP family
- Amber Rose has no count of her sex partners
- Subha wants to do women-oriented project
- Koratala Siva, Mahesh Babu to team up next
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an