- Arpita, Ayush on 'Bigg Boss 8' setsIs Katrina upset and did not come in receptionWhy these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan\'s receptionAamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding receptionSRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's receptionCondoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's AashramPoonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'
Ethiopian runner Guye Adola demolished the course record to emerge triumphant in the inte
Aiyar hurts, Shukla apologizes Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 03:42:16 PM IST Aiyar hurts, Shukla apologizes
An apparently embarrassed Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla tendered an immediate apology on behalf of Aiyar and informed the House that he will talk to him in this regard.
As members pressed for summoning the Congress member and referring the matter to the Ethics Committee of Parliament, Deputy Chairman P J Kurien hoped he will come and explain his position in the House.
He said, "If that does not happen, then there is a course of action...The Chair will examine the matter."
Earlier raising the matter soon after Question Hour, members of BJP, SP, BSP and Left parties were on their feet condemning Aiyar's remarks and demanding action against him.
Aiyar, during a television debate on logjam in Parliament on FDI, had reportedly made the remarks.
As members attacked the ruling party over Aiyar's remarks, Shukla sought to pacify them saying, "It is not a good thing. If he has said so then in my opinion it is totally inappropriate. I will talk to him and if he apologises, it will be good."
This was objected to by Naresh Agrawal (SP), who demanded an apology from Aiyar minus any ifs and buts..."If he does not apologise then action should be taken against him," he said.
Shukla said, "First of all, I apologise if he has made any such remarks...I will tell him to come and apologise to members if he has said so."
Kurien also said that since Aiyar is not present in the House, he should be given an opportunity to come and explain what he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The 'Weekend Ka Vaar' with Salman Khan saw her sister Arpita Khan on the sets of the reali
- Anushka, Sushant look refreshing in 'Chaar Kadam'
- FIRST LOOK: Rekha in 'Fitoor'
- Is Katrina upset and did not come in reception
- Why these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan's reception
- I love coming to India: Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Aamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?
- SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding reception
- Rajinikanth skips Kochadaiyaan's screening at IFFI
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.