- Urvashi did mistake againKatrina Kaif is under no pressureIs Puli a match to Bahubali?Ileana on small breakAlia's dad wants her to encash her popularityNimrat has special feeling for AkshayHas Aishwarya sidelined Irrfan Khan from Jazbaa promotions?Varun Dhawan and Natasha enjoy in MaldivesKnow what were Salman’s life changing tips for Athiya ShettyNeha Dhupia lesser known facts
Reigning world tennis champion Novak Djokovic became a new goodwill ambassador for the UN
Aiyar hurts, Shukla apologizes Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 03:42:16 PM IST Aiyar hurts, Shukla apologizes
An apparently embarrassed Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla tendered an immediate apology on behalf of Aiyar and informed the House that he will talk to him in this regard.
As members pressed for summoning the Congress member and referring the matter to the Ethics Committee of Parliament, Deputy Chairman P J Kurien hoped he will come and explain his position in the House.
He said, "If that does not happen, then there is a course of action...The Chair will examine the matter."
Earlier raising the matter soon after Question Hour, members of BJP, SP, BSP and Left parties were on their feet condemning Aiyar's remarks and demanding action against him.
Aiyar, during a television debate on logjam in Parliament on FDI, had reportedly made the remarks.
As members attacked the ruling party over Aiyar's remarks, Shukla sought to pacify them saying, "It is not a good thing. If he has said so then in my opinion it is totally inappropriate. I will talk to him and if he apologises, it will be good."
This was objected to by Naresh Agrawal (SP), who demanded an apology from Aiyar minus any ifs and buts..."If he does not apologise then action should be taken against him," he said.
Shukla said, "First of all, I apologise if he has made any such remarks...I will tell him to come and apologise to members if he has said so."
Kurien also said that since Aiyar is not present in the House, he should be given an opportunity to come and explain what he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here we bring you the pictures of Bollywood stars with their siblings. Take a look.
- SRK offers help to Karan Johar
- Add Bollywood flavour to Raksha Bandhan
- Review Phantom: 10 reasons to watch it
- Saif Ali does not want Kareena to suffer
- Why Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon
- Haven't re-shot anything for 'Jagga Jasoos': Katrina Kaif
- 'Phantom' tweet review
- Let’s know about the celebs through their tattoos
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.