- 3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionMeet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view pics
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
CAG becomes a shuttle for Congress leaders Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 05:41:36 PM IST CAG becomes a shuttle for Congress
Congress is hell bent to prove it was never in wrong and the anticipated loss of Rs 1.70 lakh crore was nothing more than a figment of imagination. Government representatives ranging from Manish Tiwary to V Narayanasamy are almost euphoric and using a tone and language against the CAG not suitable to a constitutional institution.
It has led BJP to say that Congress sounds “happy” at being not able to collect as much fund from the sale as expected. It is a matter of loss not a subject to gloat about, it points out.
But the BJP also offers some logic behind the poor response. “Once we destroy a system, break the market, response is bound to dwindle”, informed Yashwant Sinha, former Union Finance Minister.
Another BJP leader said that year 2012 is the year 2008. Times have moved on. We have achieved some sort of saturation of mobile market. Also, the growth of telephone has gone down in UPA rule leading to lesser zeal among operators.
But keeping up the government's attack on the CAG, Union Minister V Narayanasamy said the top auditor owed an explanation on its estimated loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore in 2G spectrum allocation in the previous auction.
"We have said that the calculation of CAG was wrong. Now it has been proved with the auction. The CAG should explain (it)," the Minister of State in PMO told reporters at the Chennai airport.
Narayanasamy joined other Congress leaders in questioning the Comptroller and Auditor General for the estimated loss, in the wake of the current auction which yielded a mere Rs 9,407 crore, barely a fourth of the amount that was expected.
I&B Minister Manish Tiwari had hit out at the CAG saying, "Mr CAG where is the Rs 1.76 lakh crore? It is time for some serious introspection. Its time the CAG introspects on his processes and it is high time that the BJP and some of the other opposition parties, which had made this their holy grail and swan song of politics over the last two years, should publicly apologise."
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh too had suggested that the "CAG should reconsider how far its estimate was right with regard to the report which it had earlier given and the losses it had computed."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
These celebrities have redefined perception about a fuller bum and now women around the wo
- Kunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
- Meet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view pics
- Rani Mukerji childhood pictures
- Yo Yo Honey Singh generous towards Akshay
- Truth behind Rani-Aditya hush-hush wedding
- 'Kill Dil' first look:Parineeti Chopra's oomph
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood