- KaranAyushmann, Bhumi in Hindi remake of 'Kalyana Samayal Saadham'SRK to appear on Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'Film fest in Delhi pays homage to Om PuriPics: 'Miss Sloane' to release in India on February 3SRK's conversations with son AbRamTiger population booms in IndiaPHOTOS: Sidharth Malhotra's lavish birthday partyShimla, Manali wrapped in snowMy fashion sense was quite outrageous: Kangana Ranaut
The Indian U-17 football World Cup team lost 0-1 against Iran in the Granatkin Tournament
Modi dares Manmohan to fight with him in Guj polls Last Updated : 08 Oct 2012 09:00:27 PM IST File photo of Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi.
The BJP strongman, who made it a point at election rallies to say that he has completed 11 years as chief minister of the state, challenged the prime minister to compete with him in executing developmental projects.
"I dare Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to come and have competition with me. You build roads, I also build roads, you build canal and I also do the same, you build hospitals and I build hospitals too.
Let the people see it... whoever has done a better job, people will accept him," he said adding "...but they don't want to have a competition for development with me. They onlywant to do sloganeering," Modi said addressing several poll rallies in this district.
Modi also said that Gujarat could not be taken "for a ride" anymore.
"I warn Congress, I warn Delhi 'sultanate' that those days are gone when you would take Gujarat for a ride," he said.
Modi also said UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should apologise on the issue of rising inflation.
"Did it (Congress before 2009 general elections) not promise to check inflation in 100 days if it came to power. Did the prices go down after they (UPA II) came to power? When Soniaji came to Rajkot, she did not speak anything about inflation. Is this not cheating" Modi said referring to Gandhi's recent visit to the state.
"Soniaji should apologise for cheating the people of the country on the issue of price rise," he added.
Ridiculing Sonia's statement that there was no development in Gujarat and that whatever development the state saw was due to the Congress, Modi said,"... She has no knowledge of history and that is the reason she is making such statements on development of Gujarat."
"Of all the chief ministers that the country has seen in the last 60 years, I have suffered maximum injustice at the hands of the Centre," he added.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan on Wednesday thanked his supporters after getting acquitte
- Every decade has brought something new: Amitabh Bachchan
- Like doing things which are tough, says Hrithik
- Deepika confess romancing with Ven Diesel
- Priyanka back to work after injury
- As the drama unfolded before Salman Khan's acquittal, read details
- Mona Lisa celebrates haldi inside 'Bigg Boss' house
- Why Javed Akhtar still rules the roost at this age
- Pics: Why people love Dangal girl Zaira
When "Kaa" the hypnotic, yellowish Indian Rock Python hisses and casts a spell on Mowgli i
Samsung India on Tuesday announced the launch of its new smartphone powerhouse 'Galaxy C9