- Air pollution kills millions in ChinaWeight has never been an issue for me: Bhumi PednekarSonam Kapoor recovering well after contracting swine fluKardashian wants to live close to BeyoncePyarelal ready to compose music for Bollywood filmsFeatures of Samsung Galaxy S6-S6 EdgeSunny adopts Zeenat’s look in LeelaAdnan Sami applies for Indian Citizenship
Modi dares Manmohan to fight with him in Guj polls Last Updated : 08 Oct 2012 09:00:27 PM IST File photo of Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi.
The BJP strongman, who made it a point at election rallies to say that he has completed 11 years as chief minister of the state, challenged the prime minister to compete with him in executing developmental projects.
"I dare Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to come and have competition with me. You build roads, I also build roads, you build canal and I also do the same, you build hospitals and I build hospitals too.
Let the people see it... whoever has done a better job, people will accept him," he said adding "...but they don't want to have a competition for development with me. They onlywant to do sloganeering," Modi said addressing several poll rallies in this district.
Modi also said that Gujarat could not be taken "for a ride" anymore.
"I warn Congress, I warn Delhi 'sultanate' that those days are gone when you would take Gujarat for a ride," he said.
Modi also said UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should apologise on the issue of rising inflation.
"Did it (Congress before 2009 general elections) not promise to check inflation in 100 days if it came to power. Did the prices go down after they (UPA II) came to power? When Soniaji came to Rajkot, she did not speak anything about inflation. Is this not cheating" Modi said referring to Gandhi's recent visit to the state.
"Soniaji should apologise for cheating the people of the country on the issue of price rise," he added.
Ridiculing Sonia's statement that there was no development in Gujarat and that whatever development the state saw was due to the Congress, Modi said,"... She has no knowledge of history and that is the reason she is making such statements on development of Gujarat."
"Of all the chief ministers that the country has seen in the last 60 years, I have suffered maximum injustice at the hands of the Centre," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oscar-winning composer A R Rahman is all set to start his three-month long North American
- Lily James attends 'Cinderella' world premiere
- Arnold honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Sadhvi calls for boycott of films of 3 Khans
- Weight has never been an issue for me: Bhumi Pednekar
- Sonam Kapoor recovering well after contracting swine flu
- PICS:Kardashian wants to live close to Beyonce
- Pyarelal ready to compose music for Bollywood films
- PICS:Sunny adopts Zeenat’s look in Leela
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today joined some MPs in having lunch in the Parliament's can