- Tips to stay healthy this DiwaliUnseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and familyIs Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final nowGauhar Khan: The new Bigg BossBollywood calling for Sunny Leone's husband DanielIn PICS: Dia Mirza weds Sahil SanghaJacqueline Fernandez follows Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz for Hollywood debutMeet Jhanvi Kapoor and Suhana Khan\'s best friendAjay Devgn comes to Kajol\'s rescue
Two-time Grand Slam winner Andy Murray continues his bid to reach the ATP World Tour Fin
Interim Rail Budget 2014 LIVE :Kharge announced 73 new trains,no change in fares Last Updated : 12 Feb 2014 03:44:32 PM IST Interim Rail Budget 2014 LIVE :Kharge announced 73 new trains,no change in fares
Railway minister M Mallikarjun Kharge presented the Interim railway budget 2014, in which he highlighted the achievements of the sector and also announced 17 new premium trains, 38 express trains and ten passenger trains with no change in fares.
- 17 new premium trains, 38 express trains and ten passenger trains to be launched
- Premium AC trains with dynamic fares on Delhi-Mumbai route with shorter advance reservation period
- Kharge laid out his plan for the future development
- Three factories at Chhapra, Rae Bareli and Dakuni have become functional.
- To run more passenger trains at higher speed as needed
- Dedicated freight corridors to cut transit time by half.
- Rolling stock acquisition surpassed 12th five-year Plan target.
- Premium AC Spl train in Delhi-Mumbai sector with shorter advance reservation period and dynamically varying premium over tatkal fare.
- Railways meet from own resources total additional impact of Rs one lakh crore because of 6th Pay Commission
- Passenger rail service to Katra and Vaishnodevi to start shortly
- Meghalaya set to come on rail map as part of extension of network in the Northeastern states
- No increase in passenger fares and freight charges
- Railways to expand services to Meghalaya
- More high-speed trains to be launched
- Railways exploring low cost option of 160-200 kmph speed trains on select routes
- Rail Tariff Authority to advise on fares and freight
- Mumbai to get AC EMUs in July
- Trains to display info on next stations, arrival times
- More Jan Ahaar outlets, escalators at stations
- Upgradation scheme extended to AC Chair Car and Executive Chair car passengers
- Annual Rail Plan envisaged at Rs 64,305 crore with a budgetary support of Rs 30,223 crore
- FDI being enabled for creation of rail infrastructure
- Railways to end current year with surplus
- Surveys for 19 new lines and 5 doubling of tracks
- Railways to encourage transportation of milk
- Steps to reduce running of empty freight carriages
- Bio-toilet facility to be provided in more trains.
Outgoing Railways ministers are usually silent on policy matters or mega projects but plans to hold out promises of a possible reduction in train fares ' title=' train fares '>train fares while presenting the ministry’s vote on accounts in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
But Kharge intends to ask for financial provisioning for the construction of more than 500-km of new lines worth more than Rs. 3,500 crore, while announcing the launch of a 66-km corridor from Mughalsarai to Sonnagar on the Dedicated Freight Corridor project, sources said.
Few concessions on passenger fares are likely to be offered by way of promises of further cross-subsidising passenger fares by reducing the Fuel Adjustment Component (FAC) from possible earnings made by operating premier trains on the dynamic pricing formula.
Facing a revenue shortfall, Kharge may not bring about a reduction in basic passenger fares although he is likely to make changes in the fuel adjustment component so that its impact on ticket prices is minimum.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan has faced many ups and downs in his glorious career bu
- 'Dhoom 3' becomes highest grossing foreign film in Australia
- Unseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and family
- Is Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?
- Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final now
- Gauhar Khan: The new Bigg Boss
- Bollywood calling for Sunny Leone's husband Daniel
- In PICS: Dia Mirza weds Sahil Sangha
- Jacqueline Fernandez follows Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz for Hollywood debut
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country