- After Arpita, Katrina-Ranbir to get marriedMeet Salman Khan\'s lookalikeWhy didn\'t SRK, Salman not let Aamir sleepKim Kardashiyan is not coming to \'Bigg Boss 8\'Sania next Bond girl of HollywoodSalman shares sister\'s wedding picsBest dressed celebs at Arpita\'s wedding, view picsArpita Khan\'s emotional speech will make you crySallu to Kat: You chose to be Mrs KapoorLovers Virat and Anushka spotted together
Tennis superstar Sania Mirza had been selected to be the next Bond girl by Hollywood.
Interim Rail Budget 2014 LIVE :Kharge announced 73 new trains,no change in fares Last Updated : 12 Feb 2014 03:44:32 PM IST Interim Rail Budget 2014 LIVE :Kharge announced 73 new trains,no change in fares
Railway minister M Mallikarjun Kharge presented the Interim railway budget 2014, in which he highlighted the achievements of the sector and also announced 17 new premium trains, 38 express trains and ten passenger trains with no change in fares.
- 17 new premium trains, 38 express trains and ten passenger trains to be launched
- Premium AC trains with dynamic fares on Delhi-Mumbai route with shorter advance reservation period
- Kharge laid out his plan for the future development
- Three factories at Chhapra, Rae Bareli and Dakuni have become functional.
- To run more passenger trains at higher speed as needed
- Dedicated freight corridors to cut transit time by half.
- Rolling stock acquisition surpassed 12th five-year Plan target.
- Premium AC Spl train in Delhi-Mumbai sector with shorter advance reservation period and dynamically varying premium over tatkal fare.
- Railways meet from own resources total additional impact of Rs one lakh crore because of 6th Pay Commission
- Passenger rail service to Katra and Vaishnodevi to start shortly
- Meghalaya set to come on rail map as part of extension of network in the Northeastern states
- No increase in passenger fares and freight charges
- Railways to expand services to Meghalaya
- More high-speed trains to be launched
- Railways exploring low cost option of 160-200 kmph speed trains on select routes
- Rail Tariff Authority to advise on fares and freight
- Mumbai to get AC EMUs in July
- Trains to display info on next stations, arrival times
- More Jan Ahaar outlets, escalators at stations
- Upgradation scheme extended to AC Chair Car and Executive Chair car passengers
- Annual Rail Plan envisaged at Rs 64,305 crore with a budgetary support of Rs 30,223 crore
- FDI being enabled for creation of rail infrastructure
- Railways to end current year with surplus
- Surveys for 19 new lines and 5 doubling of tracks
- Railways to encourage transportation of milk
- Steps to reduce running of empty freight carriages
- Bio-toilet facility to be provided in more trains.
Outgoing Railways ministers are usually silent on policy matters or mega projects but plans to hold out promises of a possible reduction in train fares ' title=' train fares '>train fares while presenting the ministry’s vote on accounts in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
But Kharge intends to ask for financial provisioning for the construction of more than 500-km of new lines worth more than Rs. 3,500 crore, while announcing the launch of a 66-km corridor from Mughalsarai to Sonnagar on the Dedicated Freight Corridor project, sources said.
Few concessions on passenger fares are likely to be offered by way of promises of further cross-subsidising passenger fares by reducing the Fuel Adjustment Component (FAC) from possible earnings made by operating premier trains on the dynamic pricing formula.
Facing a revenue shortfall, Kharge may not bring about a reduction in basic passenger fares although he is likely to make changes in the fuel adjustment component so that its impact on ticket prices is minimum.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
You have to read this to believe this piece of news; Virat and Anushka are coming together
- After Arpita, Katrina-Ranbir to get married
- Meet Salman Khan's lookalike
- Why didn't SRK, Salman not let Aamir sleep
- Kim Kardashiyan is not coming to 'Bigg Boss 8'
- The never heard before stories of Rajnikanth
- Salman shares sister's wedding pics
- Best dressed celebs at Arpita's wedding, view pics
- Arpita Khan's emotional speech will make you cry
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.