- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
After signing big names like Beijing Olympians Vijender Singh, Akhil Kumar and Jitender
PM Manmohan Singh faces protest during his speech Last Updated : 29 Jan 2014 12:37:39 PM IST Prime Minister Manmohan Singh (File Photo)
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh witnessed embarrassing situation during his speech at a programme organized by Waqf Development Council in Vigyan Bhavan on Wednesday.
The Prime Minister faced protest soon after completion of speech.
The protestor shouted slogans that central government ignored minorities during his regime as Prime Minister.
Protestor, who was identified as Faheem Beg, accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh-led UPA government of ignoring minority community.
There were no development works carried out during UPA regime, Beg said soon after PM’s address.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister has assured Beg of hearing his complaint.
He asked Minority Affairs minister to address the issue of Beg.
Earlier, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said waqf assets have the potential of generating considerable returns which could be used for socio-economic development of the community.
Launching the National Waqf Development Corporation Limited (NAWADCO) here, he said it will help facilitate and mobilise financial resources for starting schools, colleges and hospitals on Waqf properties in a transparent manner.
"Today we take another step forward in our efforts to promote the interests of minorities in our country," the Prime Minister said.
"Waqf assets have the potential of generating considerable returns which could be used for socio-economic development of the community," he said.
UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was also present at the inauguration of NAWADCO, a new central public sector enterprise under the Minority Affairs Ministry.
The Corporation is one of the several initiatives that the Minority Affairs Ministry has taken since its inception in2006. Government has recently enacted the Waqf (Amendment) Act, 2013.
Highlighting the minority card, Singh said, "UPA Government has been unwavering in its commitment for promotion and protection of minorities."
The Corporation is expected to play a crucial role in the development of Waqf properties for welfare of the community.
Singh also noted that the government has implemented most of the recommendations of the Sachchar Committee. The establishment of NAWADCO is a follow up of Sachchar Committee recommendation.
India has the largest number of Waqf properties in the world. There are more than 4.9 lakh registered waqf properties in the country and the current annual income from these properties is about Rs 163 crores.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday denied staying summons issued by a trial court in a defama
- Want to see the end of corruption, hence voted: Subhash Ghai
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- Ranbir's look from Sanjay Dutt's biopic leaked
- Ranveer, Anushka cast vote for civic body polls
- 'Ittefaq' shoot begins with Shah Rukh Khan
- 'Ghazi Attack' mints over Rs 15.75 crore
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la