- What a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met SaifParineeti gets in a new skinWhy was Kareena-Arjun intimate scenes deleted?Who will win 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded'?Katrina-Arjun\'s \'Fitoor\' wraps shootingWhen Kapil was pushed out of Aishwarya\'s vanity vanPriyanka to return to India for \'Bajirao\' shoot next week
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
PM Manmohan Singh faces protest during his speech Last Updated : 29 Jan 2014 12:37:39 PM IST Prime Minister Manmohan Singh (File Photo)
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh witnessed embarrassing situation during his speech at a programme organized by Waqf Development Council in Vigyan Bhavan on Wednesday.
The Prime Minister faced protest soon after completion of speech.
The protestor shouted slogans that central government ignored minorities during his regime as Prime Minister.
Protestor, who was identified as Faheem Beg, accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh-led UPA government of ignoring minority community.
There were no development works carried out during UPA regime, Beg said soon after PM’s address.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister has assured Beg of hearing his complaint.
He asked Minority Affairs minister to address the issue of Beg.
Earlier, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said waqf assets have the potential of generating considerable returns which could be used for socio-economic development of the community.
Launching the National Waqf Development Corporation Limited (NAWADCO) here, he said it will help facilitate and mobilise financial resources for starting schools, colleges and hospitals on Waqf properties in a transparent manner.
"Today we take another step forward in our efforts to promote the interests of minorities in our country," the Prime Minister said.
"Waqf assets have the potential of generating considerable returns which could be used for socio-economic development of the community," he said.
UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was also present at the inauguration of NAWADCO, a new central public sector enterprise under the Minority Affairs Ministry.
The Corporation is one of the several initiatives that the Minority Affairs Ministry has taken since its inception in2006. Government has recently enacted the Waqf (Amendment) Act, 2013.
Highlighting the minority card, Singh said, "UPA Government has been unwavering in its commitment for promotion and protection of minorities."
The Corporation is expected to play a crucial role in the development of Waqf properties for welfare of the community.
Singh also noted that the government has implemented most of the recommendations of the Sachchar Committee. The establishment of NAWADCO is a follow up of Sachchar Committee recommendation.
India has the largest number of Waqf properties in the world. There are more than 4.9 lakh registered waqf properties in the country and the current annual income from these properties is about Rs 163 crores.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
All fans of Aishwarya Rai will have ample of Aishwarya on screen in the coming years, read
- Aditi Rao Hydri goes topless
- Surveen Chawla not to enter 'Bigg Boss 9'
- Sridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky
- Jab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met Saif
- 'Guddi Ki Gun' trailer released: Watch now
- BO clash of "Dilwale", "Bajirao Mastani" unfortunate: Priyanka
- Aishwarya doesn't like to be tagged as glamorous
- When Deepika and Ranveer shared a cute kiss
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Microsoft launched LUMIA 640 LTE 4G device priced at Rs 17,399 with an aim to widen its po