- Men prefers smart women over breastsAfter Cannes honour, 'Masaan' at Indian theatres on July 24I’m lucky to have good genesLamborghini to build SUV in ItalyFour Espressos in a day keep your fitness awayShakti Kapoor plays a crazy professor in his next film \'Untouched Love\'Is Rekha insecured of Katrina Kaif?New love in Ranveer Singh's life?Shahrukh, Aryan and AbRam look so similarDU admissions to begin tomorrow
India on Tuesday in New Delhi dropped four key players, including ace drag-flicker Rupinde
Abu Salem seeks bail Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 10:38:18 PM IST File photo of gangster Abu Salem.
A Delhi court on Tuesday in New Delhi adjourn till November 7 the hearing on a bail plea of gangster Abu Salem, who is facing trial for allegedly demanding Rs 5 crore as protection money from a businessman here in 2002.
Salem, extradited from Portugal in November 2005, had earlier this month filed the application before the court of additional sessions judge Dharmesh Sharma.
The court did not hear the arguments on his plea as Salem was not produced before it. The police, however, sought more time to file reply on his bail plea.
The court fixed the matter for further hearing on the application on November 7 and recorded statements of the prosecution witnesses in the case.
In his bail plea filed through advocate M S Khan, Salem had said he has already been granted bail in two cases pending against him in separate courts in Delhi and due to his long "incarceration", he is entitled to get relief.
"It is pertinent to mention here that applicant-accused (Salem) in view of his long incarceration is entitled to be released on bail under the provisions contained in section 436 A of CrPC and he has been granted bail in other two cases pending against him in Delhi courts," he had said.
The counsel had also contended that there was "no chance of Salem's absconding or tampering with the evidence".
Abu Salem seeks bail, court adjourns plea for November 7th:
Salem, along with five other accused, is facing trial for demanding Rs 5 crore as protection money from businessman Ashok Gupta, a resident of Greater Kailash here.
The other accused facing trial are Chanchal Mehta, Majid Khan, Pawan Kumar Mittal and Mohd Ashraf. One of the accused, Sajjan Kumar Soni, died during the pendency of the case.
According to police, Salem allegedly made threat calls to businessman Ashok Gupta in 2002 to extort Rs 5 crore from him as protection money. Police had also recorded some of the alleged telephonic calls.
Salem, facing trial in eight cases in the country including the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, is lodged in a jail in Mumbai.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actor Dharmendra has been admitted to Breach Candy hospital after he complained of
- Salman Khan to tweet in Hindi, Urdu
- Hamilton wants to date Jenner
- Kim Kardashian attempts efforts to get pregnant
- After Cannes honour, 'Masaan' at Indian theatres on July 24
- Rihanna posted controversial pic on her Instragram
- PICS:I’m lucky to have good genes
- I have a coolest relationship with God: Justin Bieber
- Shakti Kapoor plays a crazy professor in his next film 'Untouched Love'
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government will soon launch a mobile application in next three months to enable consumers