- \'Bang Bang\' review in picsPretty girl Sayesha set for Bollywood entryModi launches Swachch Bharat AbhiyanIs Alia Bhatt leaving Bhatt house?Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leakList of movies to be released in Oct 2014Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn\'t know who Maharashtra\'s CM is!Little known facts about Asian Games 2014 gold medalist Mary KomMiley Cyrus takes nude selfieTwo million Muslims to perform Haj this year
India continued their stranglehold in women's 4x400m relay event in the Asian Games as its
Abu Salem seeks bail Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 10:38:18 PM IST File photo of gangster Abu Salem.
A Delhi court on Tuesday in New Delhi adjourn till November 7 the hearing on a bail plea of gangster Abu Salem, who is facing trial for allegedly demanding Rs 5 crore as protection money from a businessman here in 2002.
Salem, extradited from Portugal in November 2005, had earlier this month filed the application before the court of additional sessions judge Dharmesh Sharma.
The court did not hear the arguments on his plea as Salem was not produced before it. The police, however, sought more time to file reply on his bail plea.
The court fixed the matter for further hearing on the application on November 7 and recorded statements of the prosecution witnesses in the case.
In his bail plea filed through advocate M S Khan, Salem had said he has already been granted bail in two cases pending against him in separate courts in Delhi and due to his long "incarceration", he is entitled to get relief.
"It is pertinent to mention here that applicant-accused (Salem) in view of his long incarceration is entitled to be released on bail under the provisions contained in section 436 A of CrPC and he has been granted bail in other two cases pending against him in Delhi courts," he had said.
The counsel had also contended that there was "no chance of Salem's absconding or tampering with the evidence".
Abu Salem seeks bail, court adjourns plea for November 7th:
Salem, along with five other accused, is facing trial for demanding Rs 5 crore as protection money from businessman Ashok Gupta, a resident of Greater Kailash here.
The other accused facing trial are Chanchal Mehta, Majid Khan, Pawan Kumar Mittal and Mohd Ashraf. One of the accused, Sajjan Kumar Soni, died during the pendency of the case.
According to police, Salem allegedly made threat calls to businessman Ashok Gupta in 2002 to extort Rs 5 crore from him as protection money. Police had also recorded some of the alleged telephonic calls.
Salem, facing trial in eight cases in the country including the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, is lodged in a jail in Mumbai.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
'Bang Bang' does not live up to the expectations it has created.
- Pretty girl Sayesha set for Bollywood entry
- Is Alia Bhatt leaving Bhatt house?
- Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leak
- List of movies to be released in Oct 2014
- Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn't know who Maharashtra's CM is!
- Miley Cyrus takes nude selfie
- SRK calls Aamir Khan ‘Aadha Hero’
- Keira not worried about turning 30
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
Vendors through e-commerce have starting offering premium smartphone iPhone 6 at price sta