- PICS: Protest over proposed Gandhi statue in LondonBarbara Mori ties knot again?Jacqueline dazzles the ramp at LFW 2014, view picsSonakshi’s superhot avatar Desi Kalakaar, view picsWatch Sunny Leone’s unseen bikini photosSalman owns these carsWill Salman Khan pose nude for Aamir?TVS launches Scooty ZestShilpa Shetty, Sushmita Sen in sexy outfits at LFWPriyanka wary of hot scenes
Top-ranked Serena Williams is seeded No. 1 as she seeks her third straight US Open title.
Abu Salem seeks bail Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 10:38:18 PM IST File photo of gangster Abu Salem.
A Delhi court on Tuesday in New Delhi adjourn till November 7 the hearing on a bail plea of gangster Abu Salem, who is facing trial for allegedly demanding Rs 5 crore as protection money from a businessman here in 2002.
Salem, extradited from Portugal in November 2005, had earlier this month filed the application before the court of additional sessions judge Dharmesh Sharma.
The court did not hear the arguments on his plea as Salem was not produced before it. The police, however, sought more time to file reply on his bail plea.
The court fixed the matter for further hearing on the application on November 7 and recorded statements of the prosecution witnesses in the case.
In his bail plea filed through advocate M S Khan, Salem had said he has already been granted bail in two cases pending against him in separate courts in Delhi and due to his long "incarceration", he is entitled to get relief.
"It is pertinent to mention here that applicant-accused (Salem) in view of his long incarceration is entitled to be released on bail under the provisions contained in section 436 A of CrPC and he has been granted bail in other two cases pending against him in Delhi courts," he had said.
The counsel had also contended that there was "no chance of Salem's absconding or tampering with the evidence".
Abu Salem seeks bail, court adjourns plea for November 7th:
Salem, along with five other accused, is facing trial for demanding Rs 5 crore as protection money from businessman Ashok Gupta, a resident of Greater Kailash here.
The other accused facing trial are Chanchal Mehta, Majid Khan, Pawan Kumar Mittal and Mohd Ashraf. One of the accused, Sajjan Kumar Soni, died during the pendency of the case.
According to police, Salem allegedly made threat calls to businessman Ashok Gupta in 2002 to extort Rs 5 crore from him as protection money. Police had also recorded some of the alleged telephonic calls.
Salem, facing trial in eight cases in the country including the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, is lodged in a jail in Mumbai.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood's hot diva Alia Bhatt loves flaunt her well toned legs and thighs in short frock
- Akshay inks Karan Johar's next 'Brothers'
- Ranveer and Arjun to endorse Royal Stag
- Barbara Mori ties knot again?
- CBFC CEO took Rs 1 lakh to clear Punjabi film 'Kaum De Heere'
- Priyanka Chopra injured
- It's time for I&B ministry to help film fraternity: Vishal
- Why did Katrina refuse Baji Rao Mastani?
- Jacqueline dazzles the ramp at LFW 2014, view pics
It is super wired, shocking and unnatural but it is true. A donkey in Saudi avoided rape a
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart