- Deepika kisses Arjun Kapoor, makes Ranveer jealousLife slowly moving to normalcy in JKTop Ten Bollywood hunks we all loveCLT20: These Indian cricketers eye WC 2015 ticketsNo break-up, Armaan-Tanishaa to marry soonGujarati delicacies for Xi JinpingDiamond ring for Shraddha from Aditya KapoorGirls will relate to my 'Khoobsurat' character: SonamReason why SRK got 8-pack absCelebs share their favorite food prepared by moms
With new rules set to be introduced in the upcoming Asian Games, India's vice captain P R
Abu Salem seeks bail Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 10:38:18 PM IST File photo of gangster Abu Salem.
A Delhi court on Tuesday in New Delhi adjourn till November 7 the hearing on a bail plea of gangster Abu Salem, who is facing trial for allegedly demanding Rs 5 crore as protection money from a businessman here in 2002.
Salem, extradited from Portugal in November 2005, had earlier this month filed the application before the court of additional sessions judge Dharmesh Sharma.
The court did not hear the arguments on his plea as Salem was not produced before it. The police, however, sought more time to file reply on his bail plea.
The court fixed the matter for further hearing on the application on November 7 and recorded statements of the prosecution witnesses in the case.
In his bail plea filed through advocate M S Khan, Salem had said he has already been granted bail in two cases pending against him in separate courts in Delhi and due to his long "incarceration", he is entitled to get relief.
"It is pertinent to mention here that applicant-accused (Salem) in view of his long incarceration is entitled to be released on bail under the provisions contained in section 436 A of CrPC and he has been granted bail in other two cases pending against him in Delhi courts," he had said.
The counsel had also contended that there was "no chance of Salem's absconding or tampering with the evidence".
Abu Salem seeks bail, court adjourns plea for November 7th:
Salem, along with five other accused, is facing trial for demanding Rs 5 crore as protection money from businessman Ashok Gupta, a resident of Greater Kailash here.
The other accused facing trial are Chanchal Mehta, Majid Khan, Pawan Kumar Mittal and Mohd Ashraf. One of the accused, Sajjan Kumar Soni, died during the pendency of the case.
According to police, Salem allegedly made threat calls to businessman Ashok Gupta in 2002 to extort Rs 5 crore from him as protection money. Police had also recorded some of the alleged telephonic calls.
Salem, facing trial in eight cases in the country including the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, is lodged in a jail in Mumbai.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Deepika was getting cosy with Arjun Kapoor, leaving his boyfriend Ranveer Singh fuming.
- Want to do films that scare me: Emraan Hashmi
- Aamir Khan launches 'PK' third poster
- Top Ten Bollywood hunks we all love
- Watch Deepika Padukone in 'Lovely' song teaser
- Diamond ring for Shraddha from Aditya Kapoor
- Girls will relate to my 'Khoobsurat' character: Sonam
- DU girls go mad for Aditya Roy Kapur
- Reason why SRK got 8-pack abs
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Tech giant Google on Monday launched its much-awaited Android One smartphones, priced at R