- Mona Lisa's journey in 'Bigg Boss 10'SRK takes AbRam's help to promote 'Raees'Great time to be a girl in the industry: Sonakshi SinhaDangal mints over Rs 375 crore in IndiaPriyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood filmTen unknown facts about SushantCold wave continues in J&KDonald Trump, Melania perform first danceKareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finaleCan't work with people who don't love me: SRK
Veteran Leander Paes and his mixed doubles partner Martina Hingis won the first round but
Sardar Patel should have been first PM: Narendra Modi Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 10:10:36 PM IST File photo of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
In a vieled attack on Jawaharlal Nehru, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday in Ahmedabad said the country's destiny would have been different if Sardar Patel had become the first Prime Minister.
Sharing dais with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here, he credited Patel, the first Home Minister, with uniting the country and said the same unity and integrity was under threat from terrorism and maoism at present.
"Every Indian still regrets that he (Patel) did not become the first Prime Minister. Had he been the first Prime Minister, the country's destiny would have been different," he said in comments that may be seen as an attack on Nehru.
The BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate was speaking at a function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to Sardar Patel, who was born in Gujarat.
Invoking Patel, Modi said the first Home Minister was instrumental in uniting the country after Independence.
Narendra Modi attack on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, says Sardar Patel should have been first PM:
"That unity and integrity of the country today is under threat from all fronts, be it terrorism or maoism," he said, adding Singh himself had said that maoism is a great threat to the country.
Referring to those who have resorted to terrorism and maoism, Modi said they were causing the biggest harm to their own communities and appealed to the "misguided" youth to shun violence and return to the mainstream for the country's development.
Citing the example of Punjab, he asserted that those resorting to violence would not succeed in the country of Mahatma Gandhi and Patel.
"I want to tell the misguided youth who resort to bombs and guns that they cannot succeed in the land of Gandhi and Sardar (Patel). They cause harm to the country. But the biggest harm is caused to their own communities," he said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan wanted singer Falguni Pathak to sing the "Udi udi" fro
- Jackie Chan to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Sussanne-Hrithik's picture is too cute to handle
- Mumbai relatively safer, says Kangana Ranaut
- Mona Lisa's journey in 'Bigg Boss 10'
- SRK takes AbRam's help to promote 'Raees'
- Priyanka supports anti-Trump women's march
- Great time to be a girl in the industry: Sonakshi Sinha
- Shah Rukh Khan to travel by train for 'Raees'
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
After the successful run of V5, Chinese player Vivo on Monday launched another flagship de