- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami GautamCamera loved Smita Patil: Shyam BenegalPhiladelphia's thanksgiving paradeKnow why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
Sardar Patel should have been first PM: Narendra Modi Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 10:10:36 PM IST File photo of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
In a vieled attack on Jawaharlal Nehru, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday in Ahmedabad said the country's destiny would have been different if Sardar Patel had become the first Prime Minister.
Sharing dais with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here, he credited Patel, the first Home Minister, with uniting the country and said the same unity and integrity was under threat from terrorism and maoism at present.
"Every Indian still regrets that he (Patel) did not become the first Prime Minister. Had he been the first Prime Minister, the country's destiny would have been different," he said in comments that may be seen as an attack on Nehru.
The BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate was speaking at a function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to Sardar Patel, who was born in Gujarat.
Invoking Patel, Modi said the first Home Minister was instrumental in uniting the country after Independence.
Narendra Modi attack on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, says Sardar Patel should have been first PM:
"That unity and integrity of the country today is under threat from all fronts, be it terrorism or maoism," he said, adding Singh himself had said that maoism is a great threat to the country.
Referring to those who have resorted to terrorism and maoism, Modi said they were causing the biggest harm to their own communities and appealed to the "misguided" youth to shun violence and return to the mainstream for the country's development.
Citing the example of Punjab, he asserted that those resorting to violence would not succeed in the country of Mahatma Gandhi and Patel.
"I want to tell the misguided youth who resort to bombs and guns that they cannot succeed in the land of Gandhi and Sardar (Patel). They cause harm to the country. But the biggest harm is caused to their own communities," he said.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl