- Is Alia Bhatt leaving Bhatt house?Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leakList of movies to be released in Oct 2014Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn\'t know who Maharashtra\'s CM is!Little known facts about Asian Games 2014 gold medalist Mary KomMiley Cyrus takes nude selfieTwo million Muslims to perform Haj this yearWho is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'Winning is a habit for Mary KomPICS: Chicken tikka masala vanishes!
She has once again made the country proud. MC Mary Kom has not only won the gold medal at
Sardar Patel should have been first PM: Narendra Modi Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 10:10:36 PM IST File photo of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
In a vieled attack on Jawaharlal Nehru, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday in Ahmedabad said the country's destiny would have been different if Sardar Patel had become the first Prime Minister.
Sharing dais with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here, he credited Patel, the first Home Minister, with uniting the country and said the same unity and integrity was under threat from terrorism and maoism at present.
"Every Indian still regrets that he (Patel) did not become the first Prime Minister. Had he been the first Prime Minister, the country's destiny would have been different," he said in comments that may be seen as an attack on Nehru.
The BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate was speaking at a function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to Sardar Patel, who was born in Gujarat.
Invoking Patel, Modi said the first Home Minister was instrumental in uniting the country after Independence.
Narendra Modi attack on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, says Sardar Patel should have been first PM:
"That unity and integrity of the country today is under threat from all fronts, be it terrorism or maoism," he said, adding Singh himself had said that maoism is a great threat to the country.
Referring to those who have resorted to terrorism and maoism, Modi said they were causing the biggest harm to their own communities and appealed to the "misguided" youth to shun violence and return to the mainstream for the country's development.
Citing the example of Punjab, he asserted that those resorting to violence would not succeed in the country of Mahatma Gandhi and Patel.
"I want to tell the misguided youth who resort to bombs and guns that they cannot succeed in the land of Gandhi and Sardar (Patel). They cause harm to the country. But the biggest harm is caused to their own communities," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Alia is a big girl now, she readies to leave her home.
- Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leak
- List of movies to be released in Oct 2014
- Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn't know who Maharashtra's CM is!
- Miley Cyrus takes nude selfie
- SRK calls Aamir Khan ‘Aadha Hero’
- Keira not worried about turning 30
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Vishal Bhardwaj wants to work with Shweta Basu
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind