- After posing nude for a magazine Mamta Kulkarni now converts to IslamSalman Khan turns DJ for Tamanchey track \'In Da Club\'Aish or Kat, who looks hot with Hrithik, view picsStandoff in Ladakh\'s Chumar ends as PLA troops returnKatrina Kaif with Salman Khan in Bigg Boss 8Katrina, Hrithik at song launch of \'Bang Bang\'Chitrangada Singh spends two hours at Salman Khan's house?View Images: Salman Khan turns DJ, plays In Da ClubWhat are Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez doing together in Malaysia?Varun looks cool with MJ tattoo on hand
Juventus remains a "part of his life" but Italian World Cup winner Alessandro Del Piero,
Sardar Patel should have been first PM: Narendra Modi Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 10:10:36 PM IST File photo of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
In a vieled attack on Jawaharlal Nehru, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday in Ahmedabad said the country's destiny would have been different if Sardar Patel had become the first Prime Minister.
Sharing dais with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here, he credited Patel, the first Home Minister, with uniting the country and said the same unity and integrity was under threat from terrorism and maoism at present.
"Every Indian still regrets that he (Patel) did not become the first Prime Minister. Had he been the first Prime Minister, the country's destiny would have been different," he said in comments that may be seen as an attack on Nehru.
The BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate was speaking at a function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to Sardar Patel, who was born in Gujarat.
Invoking Patel, Modi said the first Home Minister was instrumental in uniting the country after Independence.
Narendra Modi attack on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, says Sardar Patel should have been first PM:
"That unity and integrity of the country today is under threat from all fronts, be it terrorism or maoism," he said, adding Singh himself had said that maoism is a great threat to the country.
Referring to those who have resorted to terrorism and maoism, Modi said they were causing the biggest harm to their own communities and appealed to the "misguided" youth to shun violence and return to the mainstream for the country's development.
Citing the example of Punjab, he asserted that those resorting to violence would not succeed in the country of Mahatma Gandhi and Patel.
"I want to tell the misguided youth who resort to bombs and guns that they cannot succeed in the land of Gandhi and Sardar (Patel). They cause harm to the country. But the biggest harm is caused to their own communities," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan is impressed with the trailer of Ranveer Singh and Par
- Sonakshi Sinha puts on weight for Rajinikanth
- Watch Deepika's steamy look in ‘Lovely’ song
- Hottie Katrina copies Sonakshi
- ‘Dawat-e-Ishq’ beats ‘Khoobsurat’ at BO
- Watch Trailer of ‘Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain’
- Bollywood hunks we love
- My action avatar in 'Bang Bang' was self discovery,says Hrithik
- 'Deadpool' set for release in 2016
Generally we see dogs as a cheerful and playful animal. However, they too can be pessimist
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr