- Varun Dhawan night out with Natasha DalalKapil Sharma to become a fatherTop Bollywood Actresses who gave sexy Item NumbersPics: Eight onscreen love stories of Aish-AbhishekWallpapers related to Akshaya TritiyaMamta Kulkarni posed topless on the magazine cover, see picWhy very few guests were invited for Aishwarya-Abhishek wedding?See Salman Khan\'s latest pics from the sets of Bajrangi BhaijaanWhy Anushka Sharma is a bigger achiever than Virat Kohli?Katrina Kaif to make Cannes debut with Aishwarya
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza says she would do all it takes to maintain her world number
Sardar Patel should have been first PM: Narendra Modi Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 10:10:36 PM IST File photo of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
In a vieled attack on Jawaharlal Nehru, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday in Ahmedabad said the country's destiny would have been different if Sardar Patel had become the first Prime Minister.
Sharing dais with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here, he credited Patel, the first Home Minister, with uniting the country and said the same unity and integrity was under threat from terrorism and maoism at present.
"Every Indian still regrets that he (Patel) did not become the first Prime Minister. Had he been the first Prime Minister, the country's destiny would have been different," he said in comments that may be seen as an attack on Nehru.
The BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate was speaking at a function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to Sardar Patel, who was born in Gujarat.
Invoking Patel, Modi said the first Home Minister was instrumental in uniting the country after Independence.
Narendra Modi attack on Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, says Sardar Patel should have been first PM:
"That unity and integrity of the country today is under threat from all fronts, be it terrorism or maoism," he said, adding Singh himself had said that maoism is a great threat to the country.
Referring to those who have resorted to terrorism and maoism, Modi said they were causing the biggest harm to their own communities and appealed to the "misguided" youth to shun violence and return to the mainstream for the country's development.
Citing the example of Punjab, he asserted that those resorting to violence would not succeed in the country of Mahatma Gandhi and Patel.
"I want to tell the misguided youth who resort to bombs and guns that they cannot succeed in the land of Gandhi and Sardar (Patel). They cause harm to the country. But the biggest harm is caused to their own communities," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Varun Dhawan rushed to hide his girlfriend Natasha Dalal from media when the two were caug
- Kapil Sharma to become a father
- Bollywood celebs mourn Ankit Keshri's death
- Top Bollywood Actresses who gave sexy Item Numbers
- Priyanka, Deepika to dance together
- Sanjay-Karan played imp role in Aish-Abhi's marriage!
- Lindsay Lohan stepmother beats father
- Pics: Eight onscreen love stories of Aish-Abhishek
- Jaya Bachchan had discovered Bold Mamta Kulkarni
The sight of driverless Delhi Metro trains whizzing past stations, crowded and deserted, i
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!