- Who first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?Salman tweets Sooraj Pancholi\'s tattoo from \'Hero\'Bollywood couples who did not go on honeymoonNo aaj ki party song in Bajrangi BhaijaanSalman Khan finally ready to get married as per his family\'s wishWhy Alia Bhatt dislikes her father Mahesh Bhatt\'s franknessUnknown facts about Shahid\'s girl Mira RajputHema Malini injured and a 4-yr -old dead in a road accident in RajasthanWhy children love Salman?Aashiqui girl\'s tell-all autobiogrphy
Lionel Messi produced a scintillating individual performance as Argentina destroyed Paragu
Nilekani hopes 60 crore Aadhaar numbers would be issued by 2014 Last Updated : 29 Oct 2013 09:27:19 PM IST UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani (File Photo)
UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani expressed hope that the target of issuing 60 crore Aadhaar numbers would be met by 2014, saying so far 47 crore people have already received them.
"We have issued 47 crore Aadhaar numbers till date and we will meet the target of 60 crore Aadhar enrolments by 2014," Nilekani told reporters here at an event organised by NASSCOM.
Nilekani said currently the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is issuing three crore Aadhaar
numbers every month.
On Aadhaar card case pending before the Supreme Court, Nilekani said the apex court is talking about serious implications in implementation of welfare schemes.
"The court is talking about the service part of the scheme. The fact of the matter is more and more people are
having these numbers ... What this does is, it helps people to use this infrastructure and create innovative applications
that benefit people," he added.
The Supreme Court on Sept 24 in an interim order had said Aadhaar should not be made mandatory and asked the
Centre not to link it to welfare schemes. It also had stated that illegal immigrants should not be issued UID numbers.
Replying to a query, Nilekani said UIDAI have taken all steps to ensure the system is secured and every partner was selected with due process under procurement law.
To another question, he said the next government that believed in progress of the country and giving corrupt-free
government would continue with the Aadhaar project.
"This a very progressive project.It is a project of social inclusion; helps make government expenditure more efficient;
reduces corruption," he said.
Earlier,NASSCOM Product Council announced the launch of the Aadhaar Diffusion Project, an effort in collaboration
with UIDAI to accelerate the development of applications and services that leverage the Aadhaar identity infrastructure.
Talking about the initiative, Nilekani said the goal is to achieve widespread diffusion of Aadhaar platform knowledge
across new entrepreneurial ventures and existing software companies to assist and nurture Aadhaar capabilities across a
broad-range of software applications and services to benefit residents, government and enterprises.
"We are sure that this initiative with NASSCOM will go a long way to help build an innovative application ecosystem for Aadhaar and deliver widespread benefits to residents of India," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Do you know who came to meet Hema Malini as soon as the news of her accident broke?
- Nargis Fakhri to play Sangeeta Bijlani in biopic 'Azhar'
- Salman tweets Sooraj Pancholi's tattoo from 'Hero'
- Bollywood couples who did not go on honeymoon
- No aaj ki party song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Salman Khan finally ready to get married as per his family's wish
- Why Alia Bhatt dislikes her father Mahesh Bhatt's frankness
- Unknown facts about Shahid's girl Mira Rajput
- Why children love Salman?
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe