- Sexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir Khan
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Karva Chauth: A Desi version of Valentine’s Day Last Updated : 22 Oct 2013 11:55:19 AM IST Women celebrating Karva Chauth (File Photo)
With the every passing year, Karva Chauth festival has witnessed several changes and increased its popularity manifold and established its feet in rural India too.
Till a decade ago, Karva Chauth was believed to be a metropolitan festival but now has become popular among rural women too. Thanks to the growing TV serial popularity and Bollywood penetration to smaller towns, the Karva Chauth is observed in remote areas now.
The biggest contribution in Karva Chauth popularity is made by Ekta Kapoor and Karan Johar. Today it is observed so widely that one can even call it a desi version of ‘Valentine’s Day’!
Bollywood actress Kajol’s Karva Chauth fast in Karan Johar’s DDLJ inspired unmarried girls and boys to express their firm commitments towards each other. DDLJ also helped Karva Chauth to adorn modernize look in the society.
A boost for Cosmetic Industry
Apart from Bollywood movies and TV sops, Cosmetic industries also played major role to publicize Karva Chauth festival. At present, Karva Chauth has helped cosmetic markets increase its business manifold.
As per reports, the cosmetic and jewellery industry makes huge business on the occasion of Karva Chauth.
Dudes starving too
Why should women only fast for their hubbies on Karva Chauth? This is the hot debating issue for several years. A section of intellectual women and modern single girls feel that Karva Chauth is not only for long life of husband it also brings prosperity in the family and society. These women feel it is unfair for only women to fast on Karva Chauth. Now, the trend is changing.
A newly married Delhi couple is fasting on Karva Chauth this year to show love, affection and dedication for each other.
Ravi, who works in a MNC says, “My wife can’t starve for a day to pray for my long life. She feels that it will be a fun if we both celebrate the festival by fasting. The idea looked quite interestingly and I agreed to join her in fast.”
Another single girl, who observes fast for her boyfriend, says now trend is changing. “My boyfriend also starves to show his commitment towards me. Today only girls are asked to show commitment but now the ides is changing rapidly. And starving boyfriend on Karva Chauth is best way to show commitment.”
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is Mallika Sherawat birthday.
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country