- Why Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-naniOMG! Is Aamir Khan taking steroids?Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway stationTry these 5 Lazy Ways to Stay SlimKim blasts on Kris JennerPics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in SingaporeYoungsters 'happier and healthier' than ten years ago
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
President rejects Pakistan contention Last Updated : 04 Oct 2013 04:49:31 PM IST File photo of India's President Pranab Mukherjee.
Pakistan's contention that "non-state actors" are behind terror attacks in India was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee in Brussels on Friday, who said such elements are not coming from heaven but from territory under its control.c
Mukherjee said Pakistan referred to elements perpetrating terrorism as non-state actors.
"...non-state actors, that is the phrase they used, then I responded by saying that non-state actors are not coming from heaven. Non-state actors are coming from territory under your (Pakistan's) control," Mukherjee said.
"And not now, in 2004 Pakistan agreed that their territories will not be allowed to be used by forces inimical to India," he said in an interview with Euronews.
Mukherjee was asked to comment on India saying such acts are state-sponsored terrorism while Pakistan says they are not.
President rejects Pakistan contention about 'non-state actors':
The President made it clear that while India wants peace with Pakistan, there can be no compromise with its own territorial integrity and state-sponsored terrorism from across the border cannot be accepted.
Mukherjee, on a four-day state visit to Belgium, reiterated that the terror infrastructure in Pakistan needs to be dismantled.
"Terrorist activities must be curbed. And state-sponsored terrorism can never be accepted. Therefore, repeatedly we are saying, please dismantle the terrorist outfits which are located in your area," he said.
India does not have any territorial ambitions and wants peace with its neighbours while maintaining its own territorial integrity, he said.
"In 1971, when Indira Gandhi was Prime Minister and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was Prime Minister of Pakistan, India entered into an agreement which is known as Simla Agreement ...91,000 imprisoned soldiers, prisoners of war, were returned," he said.
"This was just to show the goodwill that in our basic foreign policy we do not have any territorial ambition, we do not have any ambition to export our ideology to any country or we do not have any commercial interests," Mukherjee said.
Referring to his stint as Foreign Minister, Mukherjee said that he used to say that "I can change my friends if I like but I cannot change my neighbours if I like. I shall have to accept the neighbour the way he is.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mira Rajput is seen here in a traditional outfit. The male partner pic is cut. It is being
- Pics: Interesting Facts about Meena Kumari 'The Tragedy Queen'
- Watch 'Kuch Kuch Locha Hai' trailer
- Salman Khan’s ex -flame Somy Ali sexually assaulted
- India by the Nile: Big B stunned by fans in Egypt
- Why Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayed
- Deepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriage
- Hema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-nani
- OMG! Is Aamir Khan taking steroids?
Salem Hajdarovac says he didn't sleep for a week when he heard his workshop had been gran
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con