- Images: Bollywood stars who are mama's boysSee sexy Alia Bhatt who wants to be thick skinnedSussane demands 400 crores alimonyDivas in see through dressesSee some rare visuals of Kaka\'s Aashirwaad; now soldSalman\'s niece is a hot girlIN PICS: Priyanka Chopra's b'day bashSelena Gomez oops moment!Ranveer Singh visits Deepika in CorsicaPICS: Love at first sight, grow more!
The 31-year-old Bindra kept his nerve to take the honour in his favourite 10 m air rifle
Creation of Telangana approved by Cabinet Last Updated : 03 Oct 2013 09:55:34 PM IST File photo of India's Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
The Centre on Thursday in New Delhi approved creation of new 29th Telangana state of India with Hyderabad to be joint capital.
Overcoming resistance from Seemandhra leaders from Congress, the Centre took the first significant step towards creation of Telangana state from out of Andhra Pradesh and deciding that Hyderabad will be the joint capital of the two states for 10 years.
Over two months after the Congress Working Committee put its seal of approval, the Union Cabinet approved the proposal of the Home Ministry for creation of the 29th state and decided to set up a Group of Ministers (GoM) to work out modalities.
"The Cabinet has given its approval for the creation of a new state of Telangana," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters after the meeting that lasted more than two hours.
He said it was decided that Hyderabad will be the common capital of the two bifucated states for 10 years.
After the creation of the new state, the security and guarantees including fundamental rights of the people of coastal Andhra, Rayalaseema and Telangana will be ensured, he said.
Creation of Telangana as 29th state approved by Cabinet:
The Cabinet approved a GoM that will go into the issue of a special financial disbursement that may be required from the central government for the residuary state of Andhra Pradesh, for building its capital and to cater to special needs of the backward regions.
In the meeting, Ministers M M Pallam Raju and K S Rao voiced their opposition to the move, sources said. They are believed to have said that bifurcation will lead to problems.
The new state will have a geographical area of 10 of the 23 districts of undivided Andhra Pradesh.
Out of 42 Lok Sabha seats and 294 Assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana is likely to have 17 Lok Sabha seats and 119 Assembly seats.
Today's decision brings to fruition the announcement made by the then Home Minister P Chidambaram on December 9, 2009 for creation of Telangana.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As filmmakers become increasingly daring nowadays, more and more films are getting either
- Find out real reason why Salman Khan agreed to host Bigg Boss 8
- CWG Glasgow 2014: Apurvi Chandela and Rahi Sarnobat win Gold
- In Pics: Bet you did not know this about hot siren Mallika Sherawat
- Kareena enjoys working with Salman
- Images: Bollywood stars who are mama's boys
- See sexy Alia Bhatt who wants to be thick skinned
- Sussane demands 400 crores alimony
- Divas in see through dresses
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar