- Juhi says tv is no longer small mediumThe 46th IFFI creating buzz in GoaExclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?OMG! Stress can make you uglySRK-Kajol don\'t take their stardom for granted: Varun SharmaBest Thanksgiving Parades in the USA in PicsKabir Khan feels cinema can\'t help fight terrorismSushant to romance Kriti Sanon in Dinesh Vijan\'s moviePriyanka not to promote \'Bajirao Mastani\'Lagaan actress Gracy Singh to play goddess Santoshi in the show Santoshi Maa!
Pro-cam International announces arrangements for route map of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2
Pranab Mukherjee, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi Last Updated : 02 Oct 2013 01:25:03 PM IST File photo
Nation on Wednesday remembered Mahatma Gandhi on the occasion of his 144th birth anniversary with top leaders paying floral tributes at his memorial in the national capital.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and senior BJP leader L K Advani were among prominent leaders who payed homage to Father of the Nation.
The Congress President was the first to arrive at Rajghat to pay tributes to Mahatma Gandh followed by BJP leader L K Advani and his daughter Pratibha.
After a while, the Prime Minister arrived at Rajghat and paid floral tributes to the Father of the Nation.
Singh and Sonia greeted each other with folded hands. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit were seated between them.
Other dignitaries who visited Rajghat include Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath, senior Congress Leaders Mani Shankar Aiyar and Manikrao H Gavit, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit among others.
An all-religion prayer was conducted during the ceremony. The favourite hymns of Gandhi were also played on the occasion.
The nation also remembered former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 109th birth anniversary.
President, Vice President, Prime Minister, Sonia Gandhi, Advani also paid floral tributes to Shastri, who gave the slogan 'Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan', at his memorial at Vijay Ghat.
Shastri's sons Anil Shastri and Sunil Shastri were also present at the ceremony.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Juhi Parmar says Television is no longer small medium.
- Keith returns to 'Bigg Boss 9'
- The 46th IFFI creating buzz in Goa
- Aamir not to leave India forever
- Vivek avoids commenting on Salman
- Exclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?
- SRK-Kajol don't take their stardom for granted: Varun Sharma
- Kabir Khan feels cinema can't help fight terrorism
- Genelia posts pictures of birthday boy Riaan
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
The Power Electronics and Control unit company has developed mobile application "MassPark"