- Pomp, splendour mark a royal wedding at MysuruIIFA 2016 leaves Madrid with Bollywood highCheck the classy chicks of B-Town at IIFA 2016Divyanka Tripathi shops for wedding2016 IIFA Rocks: Bajirao Mastani Bagged Maximum AwardsR.D. Burman a futuristic genius who knew pulse of massesKareena Kapoor's pregnancy news ceases to fade; is lil Saif on way?List of IIFA 2016 Best Actress NominationsReview: Independence Day: Resurgence- Staid and worn outAnkita Lokhande not dating Kushal Tandon
Defending champions Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa will aim to shed off their inconsiste
Superstar Rajinikanth to join BJP ? Last Updated : 14 Sep 2013 01:14:23 PM IST Superstar Rajinikanth to join BJP ?
BJP is wooing South India’s biggest superstar Rajnikanth for the upcoming 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
To make Modi's first rally in Southern state a big affair,after being crowned the party's prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections by the BJP Parliamentary Board , BJP state president Pon Radhakrishnan on Friday appealed to Tamil movie icon Rajnikanth to voice in favour of the party in the upcoming assembly and parliament elections.
BJP is leaving no stone unturned this time to return to power and in Tamil Nadu where Modi magic is unlikely to translate into votes, BJP state unit is seeking to add star power .
And, with the general elections around the corner once again there is strong buzz of Rajnikanth taking the plunge.
During the run up to the 2004 elections Rajnikanth had declared that he will vote for the BJP, but stopped short of asking his fans also to support the party. The saffron party is hoping that this time too Rajni will indicate his support, even if he does not make a political plunge.
Rajnikanth is the highest-paid actor with a major fan following all over India and is likely to benefit the political party to which he supports .
“He is the most responsible and respected person in the state and he has concerns for the nation in general and the state in particular”, said Radhakrishnan while speaking to mediapersons.
He said, “I issue an open appeal to the actor to take a good decision and voice in favour of the party”, the state president said when asked whether the party would approach popular personalities to support for the party during the campaign.
"Rajinikanth must take a political decision to support BJP." , as he is affectionately called said that it was the most opportune time for Rajinikanth to lend a helping hand to BJP.
In his two public events in Southern states, Modi will be taking part in the 60th birthday celebrations of Sri Mata Amrutanandamayi Devi at Amritapuri, Kerala, and will also address a BJP youth conference in Trichy, Tamil Nadu on September 26.
On September 29, Modi will be attending a Bharatnatyam festival in New Delhi and the next day he will address the International Advertising Association (IAA) Platinum Jubilee Global Marketing Summit in Mumbai.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
On completing 24 years in filmdom, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan shared that he has l
- 'Sultan' to release on July 6, to cash in on five-day weekend
- I don't want to conquer the world: Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Vikram Bhatt slams Kamaal R. Khan over lewd remarks
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama
- IIFA 2016 leaves Madrid with Bollywood high
- Josh Peck, Paige O'Brien are engaged
- Haryana gang-rape victim's notice to Salman
- Global United Media to release 'Devi (L)' in Kerala
Over 10 years, the central government spent Rs 21,482 crore ($3.2 billion) building houses
Creating a ripple in the flagship smartphone market, Reliance Retail on Monday unveiled th