- Ten reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: JohnLove is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir KapoorWho is Salman Khan's duplicate?Get Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's make-up look this festive season!Sonakshi and John unveil the poster of 'Force 2', trailer to be released tonigh..Shilpa Shetty pens down her second book on recipesThings to keep in mind while travelling with dogsInside pics of Ranbir Kapoor birthday
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Superstar Rajinikanth to join BJP ? Last Updated : 14 Sep 2013 01:14:23 PM IST Superstar Rajinikanth to join BJP ?
BJP is wooing South India’s biggest superstar Rajnikanth for the upcoming 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
To make Modi's first rally in Southern state a big affair,after being crowned the party's prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections by the BJP Parliamentary Board , BJP state president Pon Radhakrishnan on Friday appealed to Tamil movie icon Rajnikanth to voice in favour of the party in the upcoming assembly and parliament elections.
BJP is leaving no stone unturned this time to return to power and in Tamil Nadu where Modi magic is unlikely to translate into votes, BJP state unit is seeking to add star power .
And, with the general elections around the corner once again there is strong buzz of Rajnikanth taking the plunge.
During the run up to the 2004 elections Rajnikanth had declared that he will vote for the BJP, but stopped short of asking his fans also to support the party. The saffron party is hoping that this time too Rajni will indicate his support, even if he does not make a political plunge.
Rajnikanth is the highest-paid actor with a major fan following all over India and is likely to benefit the political party to which he supports .
“He is the most responsible and respected person in the state and he has concerns for the nation in general and the state in particular”, said Radhakrishnan while speaking to mediapersons.
He said, “I issue an open appeal to the actor to take a good decision and voice in favour of the party”, the state president said when asked whether the party would approach popular personalities to support for the party during the campaign.
"Rajinikanth must take a political decision to support BJP." , as he is affectionately called said that it was the most opportune time for Rajinikanth to lend a helping hand to BJP.
In his two public events in Southern states, Modi will be taking part in the 60th birthday celebrations of Sri Mata Amrutanandamayi Devi at Amritapuri, Kerala, and will also address a BJP youth conference in Trichy, Tamil Nadu on September 26.
On September 29, Modi will be attending a Bharatnatyam festival in New Delhi and the next day he will address the International Advertising Association (IAA) Platinum Jubilee Global Marketing Summit in Mumbai.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Heartbroken Alia, who recently got separated from actor Sidharth Malhotra, wanted solice a
- 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerve
- Meet: Chef-cum-Poet Vikas Khanna
- Erica Fernades excited to dress as a bride
- See Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.
- 'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'
- Are Pakistani artistes terrorists, asks Salman
- Harshvardhan very special to me: Saiyami Kher
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret