- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Northern Ireland on Wednesday announced a 23-member football squad for the World Cup quali
Modi to visit Puri-Bhubaneswar on Tuesday Last Updated : 16 Jul 2013 08:07:59 AM IST File photo
Ahead of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's scheduled visit to Odisha on Tuesday, the entire route from the airport to Sri Jagannath Temple at Puri was given fool security cover.
"The personnel of CISF and Odisha Police have been deployed for security during Modi's visit," Sarat Kumar, the director of Biju Patnaik Airport in Bhubaneswar, told reporters.
As many as ten private security personnel of the BJP's election campaign committee chairman Modi arrived in Bhubaneswar on Tuesday and took stock of the security arrangements at the airport along with party general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan and state unit president K V Singhdeo.
"Since Modi gets Z-plus category protection, we have made all necessary arrangement for his visit," said Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahoo, adding that security has also been beefed up at Sri Jagannath and Gundicha temples where the BJP leader is scheduled to visit and seek blessings of the Trinity.
The Gujarat chief minister will also meet Puri Gajapati Maharaja Divyasingh Deb and Sankaracharya Swami Nischalananda Saraswati after paying pujas at Gundicha Temple and Sri Mandir on Tuesday.
On his way to Puri, Modi is scheduled to pay tribute to "Pancha-Sakha" (five legends) at Sakhigopal as a mark of respect towards Odiya heros, Singhdeo said.
According to the itinerary, released by state BJP leaders, Modi will arrive at the Biju Patnaik airport by a chartered flight at 9.15 am and depart at 4:45 pm. He would spend around 90 minutes in Gundicha Temple and Sri Mandir and have 'darshan' of Lord Jagannath at Gundicha Temple and Goddess Laxmi and 'Maa Bimala' at Sri Mandir.
Though there was no public meeting, Modi is scheduled to meet gathering of state BJP leaders at a hotel in Puri before departing from the holy town.
Party's joint in-charge of Odisha Arun Singh landed in Bhubaneswar ahead of Modi's visit to facilitate a smooth visit.
Singh along with State party President K V Singhdeo and others reviewed the progress of the preparations. Singh also visited the Airport and meet the Airport director.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Academy Award-winning actor Christoph Waltz is in talks to star in filmmaker James Cameron
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
- B-town stars greet fans on Janmashtami
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement
- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFW
- Britney Spears biopic coming to TV soon
- Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami
- 'Remo' director to reunite with film's makers
- Bhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her book
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr