- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka ChopraPeople stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
Sports Minister Vijay Goel said talented javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who recently scrip
Modi to visit Puri-Bhubaneswar on Tuesday Last Updated : 16 Jul 2013 08:07:59 AM IST File photo
Ahead of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's scheduled visit to Odisha on Tuesday, the entire route from the airport to Sri Jagannath Temple at Puri was given fool security cover.
"The personnel of CISF and Odisha Police have been deployed for security during Modi's visit," Sarat Kumar, the director of Biju Patnaik Airport in Bhubaneswar, told reporters.
As many as ten private security personnel of the BJP's election campaign committee chairman Modi arrived in Bhubaneswar on Tuesday and took stock of the security arrangements at the airport along with party general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan and state unit president K V Singhdeo.
"Since Modi gets Z-plus category protection, we have made all necessary arrangement for his visit," said Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahoo, adding that security has also been beefed up at Sri Jagannath and Gundicha temples where the BJP leader is scheduled to visit and seek blessings of the Trinity.
The Gujarat chief minister will also meet Puri Gajapati Maharaja Divyasingh Deb and Sankaracharya Swami Nischalananda Saraswati after paying pujas at Gundicha Temple and Sri Mandir on Tuesday.
On his way to Puri, Modi is scheduled to pay tribute to "Pancha-Sakha" (five legends) at Sakhigopal as a mark of respect towards Odiya heros, Singhdeo said.
According to the itinerary, released by state BJP leaders, Modi will arrive at the Biju Patnaik airport by a chartered flight at 9.15 am and depart at 4:45 pm. He would spend around 90 minutes in Gundicha Temple and Sri Mandir and have 'darshan' of Lord Jagannath at Gundicha Temple and Goddess Laxmi and 'Maa Bimala' at Sri Mandir.
Though there was no public meeting, Modi is scheduled to meet gathering of state BJP leaders at a hotel in Puri before departing from the holy town.
Party's joint in-charge of Odisha Arun Singh landed in Bhubaneswar ahead of Modi's visit to facilitate a smooth visit.
Singh along with State party President K V Singhdeo and others reviewed the progress of the preparations. Singh also visited the Airport and meet the Airport director.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan loves traditional jewellery and says she used to wear jhumkas worth Rs
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Explorer Levison Wood's Himalayan journey to air in India
- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek Bachchan
- Find Malayalam industry to be very progressive: Priya Anand
- Want to do hardcore love story: Raashi
- Watch: 'Kala Chashma' the party groover from 'Baar Baar Dekho'
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an