- Treat to work on dance numbers: JacquelineSohail Khan a damn cool director: NawazuddinPics: Ranbir-Aishwarya's hot chemistry irritated BachchansKareena send wishes for Shahid-Mira's daughter'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser to release today11-year-old attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga in 10 daysSindhu, Sakshi, Dipa, Jitu get Khel RatnasRemembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'dayKareena Kapoor Khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos'Rock On!!' clocks eight years, makers look forward to sequel
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
UP:Naxal movement gaining foothold in 53 Ballia villages? Last Updated : 30 Jun 2013 03:44:47 PM IST UP:Naxal movement gaining foothold in 53 Ballia villages?
Community policing and combative efforts had appeared to be effective in checking Maoist menace in Uttar Pradesh, but a recent Ballia administration letter on apprehension of the Naxal movement taking roots in 53 villages might force the state police to redraw its plans.
The state has three Naxal-infested districts - Sonebhadra,Chandauli and parts of Mirzapur - and it had been successfully
managing to check the menace but a letter by superintendent of police, Ballia in April has highlighted the threat that looms
large in 53 villages of the district which share border with Bihar on three sides.
According to the letter, all the socio-economic factors said to give rise to Naxalism are present in Ballia and if remedial steps are not taken, it would take root there, posing a challenge to law and order and development.
These 53 villages include Nagwa, the native village of freedom fighter Mangal Pandey, Ojhwalia, the village of noted Hindi litterateur Hazari Prasad Dwivedi, and six villages under Dokati police station area of Jai Prakash Narain.
The letter requests the government to provide all facilities in these villages of Ballia which are being provided to the Naxal-infested areas of the state and give priority to development schemes.
It also stresses on bringing the backward and poor people in the mainstream to check the youth from being misled.
According to police sources, Naxals have been active in the district in some form or other since 2001 and there are inputs suggesting that a 'daman virodhi morcha' (anti-oppression front) had also been formed here.
Police sources said the Inspector General of Police,Varanasi has also sent a letter to the police chiefs of Ballia, Mau and Azamgarh to remain vigilant with regard to the activities of 'Bharat ka Janvadi Morcha', CPI Maoists and Nari Mukti Morcha.
The letter also states that a two-day meeting of one of these outfits was organised at Nagri Pracharini Sabhagar on October, 2011.
According to sources, additional force consisting of one ASP, one circle officer, 15 SIs and 150 constables have been provided and patrolling is being conducted in these 53 villages which share their borders with Bhojpur, Chappra,Buxar and Siwan.
A massive community policing system in the three Naxal-infested districts is already in place with camps being held regularly for bringing people into the mainstream and extending help in education, health, employment and computer training among others.
Earlier this month, SP, Sonebhadra and deputy commandant CRPF and their team had taken part in combing in areas
adjoining Chhattisgarh. They had also met the locals and took stock of their problems.
IG Varanasi, G L Meena when contacted, said the reply from the government was awaited with regard to extending the benefits to these 53 villages of the district. Once that is received, help will be extended to people of these areas through central government schemes not just in policing but also on the development front, he said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Sumit Kaul will be adding a funny twist to "Bahu Humari Rajni_Kant" with his entry.
- Rumours are baseless: Bhansali's spokesperson on Deepika's remuneration
- Irrfan honoured with Entertainer of The Year award
- Won't return to direction until I introduce 10 directors: Sasikumar
- Treat to work on dance numbers: Jacqueline
- Pakistanis, Indians respect each other: Om Puri
- Was looking for substantial role after 'Commando': Pooja Chopra
- Sohail Khan a damn cool director: Nawazuddin
- Reality TV is a big platform: Prince Narula
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon smartphone on Tuesday announced its association with