- Varun looks cool with MJ tattoo on handCatfights in BollywoodMeet ‘No Sex Please’ girl Disha PataniRaja Choudhary wants to marry Shweta againSensational Anushka at London Fashion weekKatrina upset with HrithikHansika:From child actress to \'Sex Siren’, view picsShabana Azmi\'s raging controversiesWho is the cute baby girl in Sakhsi Dhoni’s lap, view picsHollywood calling for Jacqueline Fernandez
Ending the suspense over who would be the Indian contingent's flag bearer at 17th Asian
Telangana agitation: TRS MLAs climb legislature building Last Updated : 14 Jun 2013 01:28:16 PM IST File Photo
In high drama, two MLAs belonging to the TRS climbed the Legislature Party building in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly premises and threatened to jump off if Telangana state was not created immediately.
The other MLAs of the party burnt an effigy of "Seemaandhra government" near the legislators' entrance gate in the Assembly premises.
Holding black flags, the two MLAs - K Sammaiah and D Vinay Bhaskar - climbed the terrace of the G+1 building and also demanded that all the Telanagna protagonists arrested by police in connection with the 'Chalo Assembly' programme on Friday be released immediately.
Assembly marshals brought the two MLAs down after an hour.
The AP Assembly was, meanwhile, adjourned for the day without transacting any real business as TRS, TDP (Telangana Forum), CPI and BJP legislators disrupted the proceedings on the statehood issue.
Two adjournments did not restore order and when the House re-assembled the third time, Speaker Nadendla Manohar asked Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy to move two Bills.
After the formality was completed amid the din, the House was adjourned for the day.
Around 20 TRS, BJP and CPI MLAs, who were sitting at the two gates of the Assembly after it was adjourned, were detained.
Earlier, the Telangana issue stalled the Assembly proceedings which resumed its budget session on Monday, even as Hyderabad city remained "sealed" in view of the 'Chalo Assembly' call given for today by statehood protagonists.
The Assembly proceedings were adjourned twice this morning as TRS and TDP MLAs from the region stormed the Speaker's podium demanding immediate creation of a separate state.
Sporting black T-shirts, TRS MLAs were up on their feet as soon as the day's proceedings began and demanded that Parliament immediately pass a bill for creation of Telangana state.
The TDP legislators from the region joined the issue, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the House for 30 minutes.
The BJP and the CPI joined the TRS and the TDP members in the Well of House when it re-assembled after an hour.
With no sign of order even after he made repeated appeals to the protesting members, the Speaker adjourned the House for another half an hour.
The treasury benches wore a deserted look as most members, including Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Deputy CM Damodar Rajanarasimha and ministers, did not enter the House.
Only three ministers could be found inside the House as the Opposition din continued to paralyse the proceedings.
Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu did not attend the session as he was leaving for the US on family work.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood Actors Hrithik roshan and Katrina Kaif during the launch of song their upcoming
- Chitrangada Singh spends two hours at Salman Khan's house?
- View Images: Salman Khan turns DJ, plays In Da Club
- What are Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez doing together in Malaysia?
- Varun looks cool with MJ tattoo on hand
- Ranveer, Govinda and Ali turn villain in 'Kill Dil'
- Catfights in Bollywood
- Meet ‘No Sex Please’ girl Disha Patani
- 'Bang Bang' is the easiest film of my career: Hrithik Roshan
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr