- Shah Rukh promotes 'Happy New Year' in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting SussanneSonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfieDeepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman KhanWhy Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two monthsSRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage picturesHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Telangana agitation: TRS MLAs climb legislature building Last Updated : 14 Jun 2013 01:28:16 PM IST File Photo
In high drama, two MLAs belonging to the TRS climbed the Legislature Party building in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly premises and threatened to jump off if Telangana state was not created immediately.
The other MLAs of the party burnt an effigy of "Seemaandhra government" near the legislators' entrance gate in the Assembly premises.
Holding black flags, the two MLAs - K Sammaiah and D Vinay Bhaskar - climbed the terrace of the G+1 building and also demanded that all the Telanagna protagonists arrested by police in connection with the 'Chalo Assembly' programme on Friday be released immediately.
Assembly marshals brought the two MLAs down after an hour.
The AP Assembly was, meanwhile, adjourned for the day without transacting any real business as TRS, TDP (Telangana Forum), CPI and BJP legislators disrupted the proceedings on the statehood issue.
Two adjournments did not restore order and when the House re-assembled the third time, Speaker Nadendla Manohar asked Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy to move two Bills.
After the formality was completed amid the din, the House was adjourned for the day.
Around 20 TRS, BJP and CPI MLAs, who were sitting at the two gates of the Assembly after it was adjourned, were detained.
Earlier, the Telangana issue stalled the Assembly proceedings which resumed its budget session on Monday, even as Hyderabad city remained "sealed" in view of the 'Chalo Assembly' call given for today by statehood protagonists.
The Assembly proceedings were adjourned twice this morning as TRS and TDP MLAs from the region stormed the Speaker's podium demanding immediate creation of a separate state.
Sporting black T-shirts, TRS MLAs were up on their feet as soon as the day's proceedings began and demanded that Parliament immediately pass a bill for creation of Telangana state.
The TDP legislators from the region joined the issue, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the House for 30 minutes.
The BJP and the CPI joined the TRS and the TDP members in the Well of House when it re-assembled after an hour.
With no sign of order even after he made repeated appeals to the protesting members, the Speaker adjourned the House for another half an hour.
The treasury benches wore a deserted look as most members, including Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Deputy CM Damodar Rajanarasimha and ministers, did not enter the House.
Only three ministers could be found inside the House as the Opposition din continued to paralyse the proceedings.
Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu did not attend the session as he was leaving for the US on family work.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
‘Haider’ actress Shraddha Kapoor has graced the wedding issue of Femina magazine. Th
- First Look: Prakash Jha’s Rajneeti2 out
- Shah Rukh promotes 'Happy New Year' in Kanpur
- Hrithik Roshan avoids meeting Sussanne
- Sonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!
- Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfie
- Deepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman Khan
- Why Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two months
- SRK ignored Salman's invitation to attend 'Bigg Boss 8'
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Microsoft Devices has launched entry level dual-sim mobile phone 'Nokia 130' in India.