- Beyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report again
Nestle has terminated a sponsorship programme with world athletics' governing body (IAAF)
Bumpy start to second part of Budget session of Parliament Last Updated : 22 Apr 2013 12:06:26 PM IST File photo
The second part of the Budget session of Parliament began on a stormy note today as members from various parties forced adjournment of Lok Sabha on various issues, including heckling of Mamata Banerjee, incidents of rapes and demand for separate Telangana.
After Speaker Meira Kumar made obituary references, Trinamool Congress and Left members trooped into the Well of the Lok Sabha raising slogans on heckling of the West Bengal Chief Minister by SFI activists in Delhi and alleged incidents of human rights violations in the state, respectively.
A number of BJP members were seen in the Well raising slogans against the incidents of rapes across the country and demanding action on the perpetrators.
Some members of the Congress were seen in the aisles waving placards for a separate state of Telangana. A TDP member was seen raising the same demand in the Well.
'Delhi is not safe' read a placard held by a Trinamool member which had a picture of Banerjee.
Amid slogans of 'Jai Telangana', 'take action against rapists', the Speaker adjourned the House till noon.
In Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari said he has got 8 notices for suspension of Question Hour to take up discussion on various matters.
The notices were given by V Maitreyan (AIADMK), Derek O'Brien (TMC), Prasanta Chatterjee (CPI-M), Prakash Javadekar (BJP), D Raja (CPI), Tiruchi Siva (DMK), Brajesh Pathak (BSP) and Maya Singh (BJP).
Ansari said he has admitted Maitreyan's notice for discussion on role of CBI in coalgate scam as it was received first.
As he asked Maitreyan to move his motion, Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP) said he has also given a notice for suspension of Question Hour to raise the issue of "leakage" of draft JPC report on 2G scam.
"You have not asked for suspension of Question Hour," he told Prasad but the BJP leader continued to raise the issue.
Left and BSP members too were on their feet raising separate issues with some of them displaying banners.
On demands for discussing the rape of a 5-year old girl in Delhi, he said it has been agreed that a short duration discussion on violence against women in various parts of the country has been agreed to be taken up at 2 PM today.
But, with members relenting, he adjourned the House for 15 minutes.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan has been fined Rs.1,93,784 by the Brihan Mumbai Municipa
- Bollywood's all time romantic couples!
- Mallika Sherawat clicks Power selfie with Obama
- Shraddha Kapoor to croon for 'Baaghi
- What do Bollywood celebs fear?
- Bollywood film "Neerja" banned in Pakistan
- Rakesh Roshan reserved the release date for Hrithik Roshan's Kaabil
- Katrina bored with 'hardworking' tag, wants poetic adjectives
- 'Kapoor and Sons' special to all of us: Karan Johar
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.