- Shahid-Meera to announce good news soon'A Flying Jatt' movie reviewShraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town scheduleSedition case filed against actor Ramya for Pakistan is not hell remark
indian tennis player Leander Paes and his German partner Andre Begemann stormed into the s
Bumpy start to second part of Budget session of Parliament Last Updated : 22 Apr 2013 12:06:26 PM IST File photo
The second part of the Budget session of Parliament began on a stormy note today as members from various parties forced adjournment of Lok Sabha on various issues, including heckling of Mamata Banerjee, incidents of rapes and demand for separate Telangana.
After Speaker Meira Kumar made obituary references, Trinamool Congress and Left members trooped into the Well of the Lok Sabha raising slogans on heckling of the West Bengal Chief Minister by SFI activists in Delhi and alleged incidents of human rights violations in the state, respectively.
A number of BJP members were seen in the Well raising slogans against the incidents of rapes across the country and demanding action on the perpetrators.
Some members of the Congress were seen in the aisles waving placards for a separate state of Telangana. A TDP member was seen raising the same demand in the Well.
'Delhi is not safe' read a placard held by a Trinamool member which had a picture of Banerjee.
Amid slogans of 'Jai Telangana', 'take action against rapists', the Speaker adjourned the House till noon.
In Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari said he has got 8 notices for suspension of Question Hour to take up discussion on various matters.
The notices were given by V Maitreyan (AIADMK), Derek O'Brien (TMC), Prasanta Chatterjee (CPI-M), Prakash Javadekar (BJP), D Raja (CPI), Tiruchi Siva (DMK), Brajesh Pathak (BSP) and Maya Singh (BJP).
Ansari said he has admitted Maitreyan's notice for discussion on role of CBI in coalgate scam as it was received first.
As he asked Maitreyan to move his motion, Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP) said he has also given a notice for suspension of Question Hour to raise the issue of "leakage" of draft JPC report on 2G scam.
"You have not asked for suspension of Question Hour," he told Prasad but the BJP leader continued to raise the issue.
Left and BSP members too were on their feet raising separate issues with some of them displaying banners.
On demands for discussing the rape of a 5-year old girl in Delhi, he said it has been agreed that a short duration discussion on violence against women in various parts of the country has been agreed to be taken up at 2 PM today.
But, with members relenting, he adjourned the House for 15 minutes.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Character actor Marvin Kaplan, who was known for the sitcom “Alice” and his voice-over
- Shahid-Meera to announce good news soon
- 'A Flying Jatt' movie review
- Christoph Waltz in James Cameron's film?
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
- B-town stars greet fans on Janmashtami
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement
- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFW
- Britney Spears biopic coming to TV soon
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr