- 'The Man Who Knew...' unravels the mystique of Ramanujan Rating: *****Divyanka Tripathi bags maximum honours at Star Parivaar Awards 2016Olympics: India clubbed with Germany in hockey Pool BKamal Haasan to revive Balram Naidu characterSunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISSPreity Zinta to host reception in MumbaiBipasha Basu mehendi ceremony detailsSussanne supports Hrithik on 'intimate' photo leakMake your attire funky with different neck piecesApple sales fall after 13 years
) Indian boxing sensation Vijender Singh has promised his fans another big knockout win wh
Protests at 10 Janpath and AIIMS over rape Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 05:52:04 PM IST People protesting against the Delhi Police over the recent rape of a minor girl at Police Headqaurters in New Delhi on Sunday.
Scores of people protesting the rape of a 5-year-old girl descended at police headquarters and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi's residence on the second consecutive day on Sunday raising slogans and demanding removal of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Placard-wielding protests also gathered at AIIMS where the girl is undergoing treatment.
Workers of BJP's womens wing, Mahila Morcha, were detained from near Gandhi's residence a little after noon as they broke barricades to move forward while AAP activists stay put at the Police Headquarters since morning.
Though the gatherings are not as big as they were after the December 16 gang rape of a physiotherapy student, the anger among the protesters is the same and palpable as they shouted slogans against government and police.
Shouting slogans like "enough is enough", the BJP protesters broke a few barricades and tried to enter 10 Janpath, residence of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, when police used force to disperse them. BJP activists were detained and later released.
Protests at PHQ, 10 Janpath and AIIMS over rape of minor girl:
At the Police Headquarters, scores of AAP members staged protest demanding removal of the Police Commissioner and arrest of policemen who were allegedly lax in dealing with the case of the girl.
Traffic at ITO was not affected as the number of protesters was not big.
Yesterday, there were protests at PHQ, AIIMS, Gandhinagar Police station and also at residences of the Congress chief and Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour. She was held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar. The girl also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
How does one describe, let alone cinematically circumscribe, the life of an unvarnished ge
- 'Mother's Day': A light-hearted celebration.
- Unfair to call me 'arrogant' for supporting Salman: Salim Khan
- 'Make In India' most important initiative by Modi: SRK
- Neetu Chandra writes open letter to Alia Bhatt, Chaubey
- Divyanka Tripathi bags maximum honours at Star Parivaar Awards 2016
- For outsiders, Bollywood is a huge gamble: Actor Swara Bhaskar
- Kamal Haasan to revive Balram Naidu character
- Preity Zinta to host reception in Mumbai
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Gone are the days when laptops were marketed as fastest, smartest, biggest or best on the