- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest IndianSpring collection for KidsPICS: Koalas killed in Australia due to starving
Saina Nehwal and H S Prannoy have reached second round of All England badminton champion
Protests at 10 Janpath and AIIMS over rape Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 05:52:04 PM IST People protesting against the Delhi Police over the recent rape of a minor girl at Police Headqaurters in New Delhi on Sunday.
Scores of people protesting the rape of a 5-year-old girl descended at police headquarters and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi's residence on the second consecutive day on Sunday raising slogans and demanding removal of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Placard-wielding protests also gathered at AIIMS where the girl is undergoing treatment.
Workers of BJP's womens wing, Mahila Morcha, were detained from near Gandhi's residence a little after noon as they broke barricades to move forward while AAP activists stay put at the Police Headquarters since morning.
Though the gatherings are not as big as they were after the December 16 gang rape of a physiotherapy student, the anger among the protesters is the same and palpable as they shouted slogans against government and police.
Shouting slogans like "enough is enough", the BJP protesters broke a few barricades and tried to enter 10 Janpath, residence of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, when police used force to disperse them. BJP activists were detained and later released.
Protests at PHQ, 10 Janpath and AIIMS over rape of minor girl:
At the Police Headquarters, scores of AAP members staged protest demanding removal of the Police Commissioner and arrest of policemen who were allegedly lax in dealing with the case of the girl.
Traffic at ITO was not affected as the number of protesters was not big.
Yesterday, there were protests at PHQ, AIIMS, Gandhinagar Police station and also at residences of the Congress chief and Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour. She was held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar. The girl also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When Holi is round the corner, can anyone forget all-time hit Bollywood songs?
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni's Wife Sakshi Tweets First Picture of Daughter Ziva
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Motorola will bring the second generation of its affordable smartphone 'Moto E' to India o