- I fear getting complacent in showbiz: Kalki KoechlinDance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta KapurCommon myths about modular kitchens bustedAnna Hazare to appear on The Kapil Sharma ShowModern day jewellery trendsKangana an inspiration to many: TamannaahPriyanka Chopra inspires Disha PataniKnow all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Protests at 10 Janpath and AIIMS over rape Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 05:52:04 PM IST People protesting against the Delhi Police over the recent rape of a minor girl at Police Headqaurters in New Delhi on Sunday.
Scores of people protesting the rape of a 5-year-old girl descended at police headquarters and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi's residence on the second consecutive day on Sunday raising slogans and demanding removal of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar.
Placard-wielding protests also gathered at AIIMS where the girl is undergoing treatment.
Workers of BJP's womens wing, Mahila Morcha, were detained from near Gandhi's residence a little after noon as they broke barricades to move forward while AAP activists stay put at the Police Headquarters since morning.
Though the gatherings are not as big as they were after the December 16 gang rape of a physiotherapy student, the anger among the protesters is the same and palpable as they shouted slogans against government and police.
Shouting slogans like "enough is enough", the BJP protesters broke a few barricades and tried to enter 10 Janpath, residence of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, when police used force to disperse them. BJP activists were detained and later released.
Protests at PHQ, 10 Janpath and AIIMS over rape of minor girl:
At the Police Headquarters, scores of AAP members staged protest demanding removal of the Police Commissioner and arrest of policemen who were allegedly lax in dealing with the case of the girl.
Traffic at ITO was not affected as the number of protesters was not big.
Yesterday, there were protests at PHQ, AIIMS, Gandhinagar Police station and also at residences of the Congress chief and Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour. She was held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar. The girl also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kalki Koechlin says she fears getting comfortable in her zone, and that is why she keeps o
- Big B's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni biopic to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries
- Ali Fazal meets his Pakistani fans in London
- Dance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta Kapur
- Actor Bill Nunn dead at 62
- Jennifer Aniston pins divorce rumours with dinner date
- Anna Hazare to appear on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Looking forward to meet Dhoni: Disha Patani
A human skeleton found during the ongoing excavation of the famous Antikythera Shipwreck -
Domestic app-based marketplace Zopper on Friday announced the pre-booking of Apple iPhone