- Gionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena TandonHow R Ashwin charted course for India's victory in Kanpur TestI've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat Kaur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Ram Jethmalani to meet Kejriwal on his 12th day of fast against 'Inflated' power bills Last Updated : 03 Apr 2013 01:03:12 PM IST Ram Jethmalani to meet Kejriwal on his 12th day of fast against 'Inflated' power bills
On the 12th day of his fast against inflated power bills, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal is likely to get the support of Senior Lawyer Ram Jethmalani .
After getting the support from activists Aruna Roy and Medha Patkar,Ram Jethmalani is likely to meet Kejriwal on Wednesday.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) architect Arvind Kejriwal is on indefinite fast to protest against inflated power and water bills in Delhi and is surviving only on water during these days.
"Upwas abhi lamba chalega.(My fast will continue for a long time)," Kejriwal said.
The Delhi Police on Monday stopped key AAP leaders when they were going to meet Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit at her residence to deliver 'protest letters' against inflated power bills.
AAP also alleged the Delhi Government and Delhi Police yesterday betrayed the people of the national capital by not allowing its activists to hand over around eight lakh protest letters to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
AAP leaders Manish Sisodia and Kumar Vishwas along with other supporters were moving towards Dikshit's residence in around 100 auto-rickshaws.
Meanwhile,his doctor has said that his health is deteriorating at an alarming rate. Arvind Kejriwal has lost 7 kgs since 23rd March in the last 11 days.
On Tuesday ,an AAP statement said Kejriwal's health is stable at the moment. "His Blood pressure is 108/71, Pulse 67, Sugar 123 and Ketone is 3+. Weight could not be checked in the morning," it said.
Roy-led Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan (MKSS) and Patkar-led National Alliance of People's Movement (NAPM) issued separate statements supporting Kejriwal's fast demanding a CAG audit of the private discoms in the capital.
Roy, who is said to be Kejriwal's mentor, had differences with him over his stand on the Lokpal Bill while Patkar, who had split after the Aam Aadmi Party chief's camp in the Anna Hazare-led anti-corruption movement took a political plunge.
Hazare had also extended his support and had visited Sunder Nagri where Kejriwal is sitting on fast. He even urged the AAP leader to end the fast.
In its statement signed by Roy, Nikhil Dey and Shankar Singh, MKSS said the issues raised by AAP about "arbitrarily" high power tariffs warrant an immediate and detailed investigation by an independent and competent body.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actor Anupam Kher says it is really important for Pakistani actors to say that "I
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
- Watch second trailer of 'Mirzya'
- Lisa Haydon announces her marriage
- Aarti Chabria wants to assist Farah Khan
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- April Florio tired of being linked to Brad Pitt
- Birthday special: Famous sayings by Yash Chopra
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
"Selfies" have come of age and smartphone makers the world over are building devices that