- Unknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from Rangoon
American tennis player Serena Williams led the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) world rank
Ram Jethmalani to meet Kejriwal on his 12th day of fast against 'Inflated' power bills Last Updated : 03 Apr 2013 01:03:12 PM IST Ram Jethmalani to meet Kejriwal on his 12th day of fast against 'Inflated' power bills
On the 12th day of his fast against inflated power bills, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal is likely to get the support of Senior Lawyer Ram Jethmalani .
After getting the support from activists Aruna Roy and Medha Patkar,Ram Jethmalani is likely to meet Kejriwal on Wednesday.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) architect Arvind Kejriwal is on indefinite fast to protest against inflated power and water bills in Delhi and is surviving only on water during these days.
"Upwas abhi lamba chalega.(My fast will continue for a long time)," Kejriwal said.
The Delhi Police on Monday stopped key AAP leaders when they were going to meet Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit at her residence to deliver 'protest letters' against inflated power bills.
AAP also alleged the Delhi Government and Delhi Police yesterday betrayed the people of the national capital by not allowing its activists to hand over around eight lakh protest letters to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
AAP leaders Manish Sisodia and Kumar Vishwas along with other supporters were moving towards Dikshit's residence in around 100 auto-rickshaws.
Meanwhile,his doctor has said that his health is deteriorating at an alarming rate. Arvind Kejriwal has lost 7 kgs since 23rd March in the last 11 days.
On Tuesday ,an AAP statement said Kejriwal's health is stable at the moment. "His Blood pressure is 108/71, Pulse 67, Sugar 123 and Ketone is 3+. Weight could not be checked in the morning," it said.
Roy-led Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan (MKSS) and Patkar-led National Alliance of People's Movement (NAPM) issued separate statements supporting Kejriwal's fast demanding a CAG audit of the private discoms in the capital.
Roy, who is said to be Kejriwal's mentor, had differences with him over his stand on the Lokpal Bill while Patkar, who had split after the Aam Aadmi Party chief's camp in the Anna Hazare-led anti-corruption movement took a political plunge.
Hazare had also extended his support and had visited Sunder Nagri where Kejriwal is sitting on fast. He even urged the AAP leader to end the fast.
In its statement signed by Roy, Nikhil Dey and Shankar Singh, MKSS said the issues raised by AAP about "arbitrarily" high power tariffs warrant an immediate and detailed investigation by an independent and competent body.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A record number of wins by black stars, a Muslim actor winning for the first time, the vic
- Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charity
- Oscars 2017 celebrate diversity, marred by goof-ups
- Rani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Oops! Moment
- Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017
- Dev Patel attends Oscars with mother
- Om Puri honoured at Oscars 2017
- Asghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee on Monday launched a new line up of A series smartphones -