- Hathaway flaunts baby bumpsSonam sends love to Fawad on birthdayPriyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box officeRanveer says Priyanka better than DeepikaSRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami GautamCamera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
Ethiopia’s Birhanu Legese and Kenya’s Cynthia Limo came on top after thrilling battles
Rahul Gandhi should become PM: Digvijay Last Updated : 26 Mar 2013 10:51:26 AM IST Digvijay says Rahul Gandhi should become PM if Cong returns to power in 2014
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has said that the model of having "two power centres" has not worked well. Rahul should not nominate a PM if the party gets elected, he said.
The Congress General Secretary also said that party President Sonia Gandhi has really never interfered in the functioning of Manmohan Singh Government.
"Personally, I feel that this model hasn't worked very well. Because, I personally feel that there should not be two power centres and I think whoever is the Prime Minister must have the authority to function although Sonia Gandhi has really never interfered in the functioning of the government,"Singh told ..
He was asked whether he thinks that party Vice President Rahul Gandhi will follow his mother's model in future when she opted out and chose Manmohan Singh as Prime Minister after 2004 Lok Sabha polls and persisted with him after 2009 elections.
Reacting to another question whether Manmohan Singh looked like he did not have authority, the Congress leader said, "He has the authority. ...If you see the nuclear deal and other areas also I think, he has been quite forthright."
"I feel that Sonia Gandhi is the last person to intervene ...interfere in governance. Of course, she has led the party from a period when the party itself was helpless. We hardly had two chief ministers at that time to a situation where we have formed Government in Delhi in 2004 and 2009.
"Therefore, I think...I strongly feel that ...when time comes and if the Congress gets majority or it is in a position to form the government, I think Rahul Gandhi should take the call," Singh said.
"Even if a Congress-led coalition emerges, he (Rahul) is mature enough to handle the intricacies of coalition politics.Then of course, we have senior leaders who have very successfully helped the UPA to complete two terms.
Of course, Sonia Gandhi will always be there to help out," he added. Asked what would be the Sonia Gandhi's role in a scenario
when Rahul takes more and more active role, Singh said, " she would continue to be the AICC president".
When asked about JD (U) Chief and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's recent overtures to the Congress, the general secretary said that he would opt for RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav instead of Kumar as the former is a more "dependable
ally."Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Confirming the news of her pregnancy, actress Anne Hathaway flaunted her baby bump in publ
- Sonam sends love to Fawad on birthday
- Priyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box office
- Ranveer says Priyanka better than Deepika
- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl