- Tips to pick lip colour this festive seasonMNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities refused to investigate ban on
President leaves on three-day visit to Mauritius Last Updated : 11 Mar 2013 11:14:11 AM IST File photo: President Pranab Mukherjee
Mauritius will celebrate its national day on Tuesday.
India and Mauritius will also sign several bilateral pacts in social sectors, including health and tourism, during Mukherjee's visit to the Indian Ocean island nation.
India and Mauritius enjoy close historical relations and New Delhi has termed the ties as "unique, special and extra ordinary".
India gives highest importance to its relations with Mauritius as 70 per cent of its people are Indian origin and 38 per cent its Foreign Direct Investment comes from that country, in addition to its geo strategic location, Secretary (West) in the Ministry of External Affairs Sudhir Vyas has said.
During his visit, Mukherjee will have meetings with Mauritius President Rajkeswur Purryag, Prime Minister Navin C Ramgoolam, Speaker of the National Assembly Abdool Razack Peeroo, Chief Justice Y. K. J. Yeung Sik Yuen and Leader of the Opposition Paul B?renger.
President's Press Secretary Venu Rajamony has said the President was looking forward for the visit and greatly honoured to be chief guest at the national day celebration of Mauritius.
Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Union minister Farooq Abdullah and the three service chiefs were at the Rashtrapati Bhawan earlier on Monday morning to see off the President.
This is Mukherjee's second visit abroad after assuming the office of President. Last week, he had visited Bangladesh.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi has slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel