- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
German No. 2 seed Angelique Kerber and Romanian No. 5 seed Simona Halep advanced to the se
President leaves on three-day visit to Mauritius Last Updated : 11 Mar 2013 11:14:11 AM IST File photo: President Pranab Mukherjee
Mauritius will celebrate its national day on Tuesday.
India and Mauritius will also sign several bilateral pacts in social sectors, including health and tourism, during Mukherjee's visit to the Indian Ocean island nation.
India and Mauritius enjoy close historical relations and New Delhi has termed the ties as "unique, special and extra ordinary".
India gives highest importance to its relations with Mauritius as 70 per cent of its people are Indian origin and 38 per cent its Foreign Direct Investment comes from that country, in addition to its geo strategic location, Secretary (West) in the Ministry of External Affairs Sudhir Vyas has said.
During his visit, Mukherjee will have meetings with Mauritius President Rajkeswur Purryag, Prime Minister Navin C Ramgoolam, Speaker of the National Assembly Abdool Razack Peeroo, Chief Justice Y. K. J. Yeung Sik Yuen and Leader of the Opposition Paul B?renger.
President's Press Secretary Venu Rajamony has said the President was looking forward for the visit and greatly honoured to be chief guest at the national day celebration of Mauritius.
Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Union minister Farooq Abdullah and the three service chiefs were at the Rashtrapati Bhawan earlier on Monday morning to see off the President.
This is Mukherjee's second visit abroad after assuming the office of President. Last week, he had visited Bangladesh.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rohit Dhawan's Dishoom, starring Varun Dhawan, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez, has
- Don't call dance songs item numbers: Aditi
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- 'Dishoom': Stylised action and entertainment
- Milind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Salman mourns Rajjat Barjatya's death
- Hope to dub in my voice for Malayalam debut: Priya Anand
- Varun Dhawan upset with 'Dishoom' ban in Pak
- Facts about Sanjay Dutt we bet you don't know
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu