- South Korean ferry TragedyCricketer Umar Akmal wedding picsShruti Haasan flaunts ample cleavage, view picsBollywood's leading men with new actressesStars at Bombay Velvet wrap-up partySadhna spends time playing cards in clubsRoyals eclipse the SunrisersRevealed: Personal lives of Bollywood kidsHeiress to Reliance empire joins McKinseyPICS : Get to Know Alia Bhatt
David Ferrer produced a major upset at the Monte Carlo Masters as the persistent Spaniard
'Sonia Gandhi tops the list of 20 most popular women in India' Last Updated : 07 Mar 2013 09:01:19 PM IST File Photo
ICICI MD and CEO Chanda Kochhar, Pepsico Chairperson and CEO Indra Nooyi and Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan are the others who figure in the list prepared after a survey jointly conducted by Assocham and Zee Business news channel.
The survey placed Sonia Gandhi in the top position, followed by Chanda Kochhar in second, Indra Nooyi in third, CMD of Biocon Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw in fourth and actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in fifth.
Axis Bank MD and CEO Shikha Sharma, actress Vidya Balan and Olympic bronze-medallist M C Mary Kom, were placed in sixth, seventh and eighth positions, respectively, according to the survey released on the eve of the International Women's Day.
Assocham said the survey was conducted in January and February this year.
The chamber claimed that about 2,000 working women in 11 sectors like marketing, IT and ITeS, manufacturing and banking and finance were surveyed in various cities including National Capital Region, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Pune.
Badminton player Saina Nehwal was in 9th position, India's first women IPS officer Kiran Bedi in 10th and HSBC Country Head Naina Lal Kidwai in 11th.
Others who appeared in the list include Piramal Life Sciences Vice-Chairperson Swati Piramal (12th), actress Shabana Azmi (13th), Balaji Telefilms Creative Director Ekta Kapoor (14th), Film Director Zoya Akhtar (15th), leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj (16th), Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Jayaram (17th), West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee (18th), Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar (19th) and Lok Sabha MP Dimple Yadav (20th).
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn had a narrow escape when a fire broke out on the sets of 'Singh
- Ranbir-Katrina's new love nest!
- Shruti Haasan flaunts ample cleavage, view pics
- Bollywood's leading men with new actresses
- 2 States gets bumper opening, collects Rs 10.9 cr
- OMG! Deepika's bodyguards enter ladies loo
- Stars at Bombay Velvet wrap-up party
- 'Game of Thrones' breaks piracy record
- Sadhna spends time playing cards in clubs
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.