- \'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Blockade on Indo-Bhutan SAARC Road Last Updated : 06 Mar 2013 12:53:18 PM IST Blockade on Indo-Bhutan SAARC Road
Locals blocked the Indo-Bhutan SAARC road near Kanthalguri Tea Garden area and Chaimurchi in Jalpaiguri district since 6 AM demanding availability of drinking water, they said.
Dhupguri Block Development Officer Soumen Dutraj told the locals were being requested to lift the blockade.Arrangements were being made to send additional policemen to the spot, he said.
Besides goods-laden trucks, businessmen and tourists bound for Bhutan, students and daily commuters who travel to Banrhat, Birpara and Binnaguri were affected.
Examinees were taking a much longer route to reach their examination centres in the district. Dutraj said although a water pump had been installed to solve the drinking water problem, it could not be operated due to erratic power supply in the area.
Due to its geographical position, land-locked Bhutan has to depend on the road network of Jalpaiguri for supply of goods and tourist inflow.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is Mallika Sherawat birthday.
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country