- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami GautamCamera loved Smita Patil: Shyam BenegalPhiladelphia's thanksgiving paradeKnow why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
Blockade on Indo-Bhutan SAARC Road Last Updated : 06 Mar 2013 12:53:18 PM IST Blockade on Indo-Bhutan SAARC Road
Locals blocked the Indo-Bhutan SAARC road near Kanthalguri Tea Garden area and Chaimurchi in Jalpaiguri district since 6 AM demanding availability of drinking water, they said.
Dhupguri Block Development Officer Soumen Dutraj told the locals were being requested to lift the blockade.Arrangements were being made to send additional policemen to the spot, he said.
Besides goods-laden trucks, businessmen and tourists bound for Bhutan, students and daily commuters who travel to Banrhat, Birpara and Binnaguri were affected.
Examinees were taking a much longer route to reach their examination centres in the district. Dutraj said although a water pump had been installed to solve the drinking water problem, it could not be operated due to erratic power supply in the area.
Due to its geographical position, land-locked Bhutan has to depend on the road network of Jalpaiguri for supply of goods and tourist inflow.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl