- Aishwarya Rai finally ready to work with Salman Khan?Dasara fest begins at Mysuru amid tight securityAnything on internet won't be on '#NoFilterNeha': Neha DhupiaDhoni crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening dayControversial statements by Salman KhanM.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story: Sushant is brilliant, the film is notHypertension may affect cognitive skills in childrenFive simple ways to keep weight in checkDevotees worship Goddess Shailputri on Day 1Guess who is Alia dating?
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Blockade on Indo-Bhutan SAARC Road Last Updated : 06 Mar 2013 12:53:18 PM IST Blockade on Indo-Bhutan SAARC Road
Locals blocked the Indo-Bhutan SAARC road near Kanthalguri Tea Garden area and Chaimurchi in Jalpaiguri district since 6 AM demanding availability of drinking water, they said.
Dhupguri Block Development Officer Soumen Dutraj told the locals were being requested to lift the blockade.Arrangements were being made to send additional policemen to the spot, he said.
Besides goods-laden trucks, businessmen and tourists bound for Bhutan, students and daily commuters who travel to Banrhat, Birpara and Binnaguri were affected.
Examinees were taking a much longer route to reach their examination centres in the district. Dutraj said although a water pump had been installed to solve the drinking water problem, it could not be operated due to erratic power supply in the area.
Due to its geographical position, land-locked Bhutan has to depend on the road network of Jalpaiguri for supply of goods and tourist inflow.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This is too tough to be true, but our sources suggest that Aishwwarya Rai has no problem w
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Anything on internet won't be on '#NoFilterNeha': Neha Dhupia
- Prakash Jha to launch song 'Ek muthi asman' for NALSA
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Dhoni crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- Controversial statements by Salman Khan
- Salman Khan should migrate to Pakistan, says Shiv Sena
- Relative files complaint against actor Nawazuddin
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret