- Rani looks pregnant on 'Jhalak'Forthcoming big releases of the festive season\'Bang Bang\' movie stillsOMG! Aamir to go nude for 'PK' posterAkshay Kumar praises Salman after Shilpa Shetty\'s husband dissesOMG!! Salman Khan behind ending Kapil Sharma YashRaj dreamWhy Virat blushed at Anushka\'s nameWhat happened between Ranbir, DeepikaPics: Ranbir Kapoor wants to wed girlfriend Katrina Kaif soonPreity Zinta accuses Ness Wadia of throwing cigarette at her face
Brazil looked forward by looking back in deciding to give former World Cup-winning skippe
Cold loosens grip in North India Last Updated : 25 Feb 2013 09:29:21 PM IST File photo of snowfall in different states of North India.
Cold wave and thunderstorms claimed three lives in North, while most parts of the region, including Uttar Pradesh and the national capital on Monday witnessed a sunny and pleasant day.
Delhi residents woke up to a clear sky, and after over a week of rains a sunny day pushed the temperature to a comfortable level.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 24.2 degree Celsius as compared to yesterday's 23.3 deg C.
Minimum was recorded at 10.8 deg C, while yesterday it was 10.7 deg C. However, both minimum and maximum were one degree below normal level.
Most parts of UP had a bright sunny day and the temperature increased after after a long gap.
However, in Etah district, two persons have died after being struck by lightning, police said.
All the three casualties were reported on Saturday night.
Kashmir also got a respite as there was no report of snowfall from the region although it witnessed a cloudy sky.
However, one person died due to cold wave in Ramban district Jammu region.
In Himachal Pradesh, the maximum temperatures rose by a few notches but there was no let up in cold wave conditions in the state.
The night temperatures also increased marginally but remained two to three degree below normal.
Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district was coldest in the region with a low of minus 8.6 deg C.
Shimla and Sundernagar recorded 5.6 deg C, Palampur 8.0 deg C, Una and Dharamsala 8.6 deg C and Nahan 8.8 deg C.
The weather remained dry across the state but thin clouds overcast the sky as the day advanced.
The MeT office has predicted rains and thundershowers at a few places tomorrow and warned of heavy to very heavy rains at isolated places on February 27 due to a Western Disturbance as an upper air system hanging over Afghanistan and adjoining North Pakistan.
However, cold conditions prevailed in parts of Punjab and Haryana with night temperature hovering below normal.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest in the region with a low of 7.1 deg C, three notches below normal, the MeT said here.
The minimum temperature dropped in Hisar and Karnal, with both places recording respective lows of 8 deg C and 8.8 deg C while Bhiwani was cold at 10 deg C and Ambala recorded 11.4 deg C.
Amritsar was coldest in Punjab recording a low of 7.8 deg C while Ludhiana registered 9.8 deg C.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji visited the sets of celebrity dance show 'Jhalak Dikhhla Ja
- Forthcoming big releases of the festive season
- B-Town impressed with 'Bang Bang' teaser
- 'Bang Bang' movie stills
- OMG! Aamir to go nude for 'PK' poster
- Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania heads towards 70 crore mark
- 'Bang Bang' teaser released: Watch now
- Watch Sonam Kapoor's real avtaar in 'Khoobsurat'
- Alia Bhatt's prayers got answered
The Zoology department of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) at Pasighat in East Siang distric
LG Electronics has launched its new flagship smartphone LG G3.