- Exclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?OMG! Stress can make you uglySRK-Kajol don\'t take their stardom for granted: Varun SharmaBest Thanksgiving Parades in the USA in PicsKabir Khan feels cinema can\'t help fight terrorismSushant to romance Kriti Sanon in Dinesh Vijan\'s moviePriyanka not to promote \'Bajirao Mastani\'Lagaan actress Gracy Singh to play goddess Santoshi in the show Santoshi Maa!Meet Sachin Pilgaonkar\'s daughter ShriyaGuru Nanak Jayanti Wallpapers
Delhi youngster Vani Kapoor carded one-under 70, the best score of the day, to grab the le
Army officer arrested in illicit drugs deal Last Updated : 24 Feb 2013 07:21:58 PM IST File photo.
Colonel Ajay Chaudhary and five others were arrested by police in Chandel district after they were allegedly caught carrying illicit drugs valued at Rs 15 crore meant to be smuggled out to Myanmar, in one of the biggest such seizures in the state.
The contraband was found inside three vehicles at Pallel, state police said here, adding they had taken into custody Defence PRO Ajay Chaudhary, his assistant R K Babalu, IndiGo assistant manager Brojendro Singh, besides three others.
"Colonel Ajay Chaudhary has been arrested this morning by the Manipur police along with five other persons. We have been made to believe that certain contrabands have been recovered," Army Spokesperson Colonel Jagdeep Dahiya said in Delhi.
The Army promised strict disciplinary action if any personnel was found involved in the case.
Colonel among 6 arrested in one of the biggest drug hauls:
"We would like to state this much that if he is found guilty as per the law of the land, strict disciplinary action will be taken against him," Dahiya said, adding "we will get involved in the process when we are formally approached".
The six were interrogated at the Pallel police station, about 45 kms south-east of here, police said, adding that a case has been registered and they will taken to Kakshing police station in Thoubal district.
The drugs included tablets of Respifed, Omkop, Hilcold, Polyfed and Actidin and were worth Rs 15 crore, they said, adding it was one of the biggest drug hauls in the state.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Do you know the exact reason why Salman's father Salim Khan was wearing the Mr Right cap o
- SRK-Kajol don't take their stardom for granted: Varun Sharma
- Kabir Khan feels cinema can't help fight terrorism
- Genelia posts pictures of birthday boy Riaan
- Sushant to romance Kriti Sanon in Dinesh Vijan's movie
- Salman, SR to reunite on 'Bigg Boss 9'
- Prakash Jha working on 'Rajneeti 2'
- Priyanka not to promote 'Bajirao Mastani'
- Lagaan actress Gracy Singh to play goddess Santoshi in the show Santoshi Maa!
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
Apple's iPhone 6s series will be available in India from October 16 at a starting price of