- SRK-Deepika have masti at music launch of \'HNY\'Deepika Padukone on cleavage and more celeb tweets that made newsPics: Yo Yo Honey Singh, Mika Singh, Gauhar Khan on India’s Raw StarSalman said interesting things about \'Bigg Boss 8\'Mahira denied debut with RanveerRanbir\'s strange silence on DeepikaFor Akshay martial arts is a mustPutin\'s girlfriend to head media groupCleavage row: Deepika what do you say about these picsSanjay Dutt\'s role in Aamir\'s PK revealed
The unpleasant memories of 2012 Olympics still fresh in her minds, Indian archery's blue-
Hyderabad blasts probe:Hunt on for suspects in 3 States Last Updated : 23 Feb 2013 09:44:09 AM IST Hyderabad blasts probe:Hunt on for suspects in 3 States
The investigation into the Hyderabad twin blasts that claimed 16 lives have spread to three States – Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkand as the role of the Indian Mujahideen was being suspected by probe agencies who got some "leads".
Probe agencies are also not ruling out the lashkar- e -taiba link to Indian Mujahideen in the Hyderabad blasts.Cyberabad Police Commissioner Dwaraka Tirumala Rao said they had gathered enough clues about those involved but added the information could not be divulged. He denied having "detained" anyone in connection with the case.
IM-LeT link-Major suspects
Sayed Maqbool and Imran Khan, both of whom hail from Nanded district in Maharashtra, told police during interrogation after their arrest in October that they both did a recee of Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle in July 2012.
National Investigation Agency has identified four suspects who were also involved in the July 2011 Mumbai blasts. They are trying to find out the similarties between the July 2011Mumbai blast and Hyderabad blasts .
The investigative agencies are also searching for IM operative who reportedly provided logistical support to Sayed Maqbool, Imran and their associates to carry out a recce in Hyderabad in July 2012 on the instructions of top IM leader Riyaz Bhatkal.
A team of the Delhi Police special cell is now in Hyderabad with details of an alleged Indian Mujahideen operative Syed Maqbool, who had told interrogators after his arrest in October last year that in 2012, he had reconnaitred the Dilsukhnagar area, where the blasts occured on Thursday.
It has also emerged that two of the alleged IM operatives arrested by Delhi Police for their involvement in Pune blasts last year did a recce of Dilsukhnagar on a motorcycle in July 2012.
"About a month before Ramzan in 2012, Maqbool helped Imran in doing a recce of Dilsukhnagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle. This was done on the instruction of Riyaz Bhatkal(IM founder now holed up in Pakistan)," officials said in New Delhi.
Police announced "suitable reward" to those who provide information about the perpetrators of the crime with Tirumala Rao promising to crack the case at the earliest. National Investigation Agency(NIA) also formed a crack team headed by a DIG.
Nothing has been officially said but the accusing finger in the case is being pointed towards the IM that has an "established network" in Hyderabad. The modus operandi in strapping Improvised Explosive Device (IED) to bicycles was similar to blasts triggered by IM in the past.
Forensic reports said the blasts were set off by improvised explosive devices that used ammonium nitrate, urea, petrol and shrapnel. Investigators have found parallel between the latest blasts and those of August 2012 in Pune.
The death toll in the blasts in a crowded area atDilsukhnagar on Thursday night rose to 16 with the number of injured being put at 117 even as the multi-agency investigative teams combed the blast sites at Dilsukhnagar rocked by near simultaneous explosions. All but one of the dead were men.
Eight CCTVs installed in the area were of no use for the investigators pinning hopes on them for evidence as they malfunctioned. Union home ministry sources denied that the CCTV wires were snapped by the peprpetrators of the attack.
HM alerted all state governments
Meanwhile, a blame-game appeared to have begun with the home ministry on Thursday claiming it had alerted all state governments on February 16, 19 and 20 about possible terror strikes.
Hyderabad along with Bangalore, Coimbatore and Hubli were specifically alerted by the central security agencies about possible attacks by Pakistan-based terrorist groups to avenge the hanging of Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab and Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Apart from a general advisory sent to all states on February 19, Union home ministry officials said the specific information about possible attacks was shared with authorities in the four cities on Thursday morning.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said all states were alerted about a possible terror strike by militant groups. However, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy had said those were general alerts which often keep coming from the Centre.
Andhra Pradesh government handed over the case to the state Crime Investigation Department for a detailed probe. The CID will carry out the investigation in concert with the NIA, police sources said in Hyderabad.
Police regretted that a lot of crucial evidence could have been lost as hundreds of people trampled on the blasts site soon after the incident.
"The crime scene was largely disturbed as large number of people moved freely even before we could totally sanitize the two spots. A lot of evidence virtually got trampled due to movement of VIPs, a large number of media personnel and curious onlookers.
But still we could gather some material that could help us in the probe," an Inspector General of Police, who was among the first to reach the spot last night, told .
Referring to the Hyderabad blasts, National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon said there are different terrorist modules.
"They try and strike. We know some of them which we have to stop. This one got through," he said in Pune.
Beginning with Shinde, a host of leaders visited the scene of attack since this morning and also consoled injured persons undergoing treatment at various hospitals in the city.
The Kiran Kumar Reddy government, on the other hand, came under sharp attack from the opposition parties for having failed to act on the intelligence inputs provided by the Centre on the possible terror strike. The government came up with its defence saying there was "no clarity" in the Centre’s warning.
Meanwhile, Union health minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, who visited the crime scene this evening, said terrorism has emerged as a major threat to the sovereignty of the country but asserted that the UPA government "was never soft and will never be soft" on terrorists.
"We have given the terrorists the maximum possible punishment under the law," Azad reminded, in reference to Azmal Kasab and Afzal Guru's recent hanging.
The state government announced a compensation of Rs. 6 lakh each to those who suffered permanent disability in the twin blasts.
The state had already announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs. 6 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the blasts.
Meanwhile, the opposition TDP attacked the state government.
"The twin blasts were clearly a result of the state government's failure. The government remained lax even after the Centre issued a warning," Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu said.
The former Chief Minister, who reached Hyderabad this morning from Guntur district, inspected the twin blasts site and later went to Omni hospital where the injured were undergoing treatment.
Talking to newsmen on the occasion, the Leader of Opposition said that the terrorists triggered the blasts with a perfect plan.
"It's deplorable that the state government did not take the Centre's warning (on terror strike) seriously. At least now the government should switch to the alert mode and prevent such ghastly incidents from recurring," Chandrababu said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See the pictures of 'Happy New Year' Party.
- Deepika Padukone on cleavage and more celeb tweets that made news
- Pics: Yo Yo Honey Singh, Mika Singh, Gauhar Khan on India’s Raw Star
- Salman said interesting things about 'Bigg Boss 8'
- Madonna to release new album in 2015
- Monroe took 14 retakes for iconic 'The Seven Year Itch' scene
- Mahira denied debut with Ranveer
- Katy Perry leads MTV EMAs with seven nominations
- Ranbir's strange silence on Deepika
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Apple had more than 4 million advance orders of its new iPhones in the first 24 hours.