- Lindsay not invited in father\'s weddingPamela Anderson sends tips to B-woodTourism in Rajasthan growing\'DDLJ\' new trailer launchedModi's wife feels insecure with securityAre Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husbandEx flames Alia and Varun together in a film?Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 03:59:33 PM IST Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer
Ishrat, a 19-year-old college science student, and three others were allegedly killed by Ahmedabad Crime Branch in an encounter on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on June , 2004.
On June 15, 2004, officers of Ahmedabad City Crime Branch shot Ishrat Jahan, Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan Johar, on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. After the encounter, the city crime branch had claimed that the deceased were LeT terrorists who had come to assassinate Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
GL Singhal, who was an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) in 2004, was named in SP Tamang magisterial report submitted in November 2011, which said the police claims were not true.
A judicial inquiry report by metropolitan magistrate SP Tamang report had alleged that 20 police officers, including then crime branch chief JCP PP Pande, suspended DIG DG Vanzara, the then ACP GL Singhal and ACP NK Amin were involved in the conspiracy regarding the encounter.
The Gujarat high court in August 2010 asked the Supreme Court-appointed special investigation team headed by former CBI director RK Raghavan to take up the Ishrat case.
After Jahan’s mother complained about the alleged fake encounter, Gujarat High Court constituted a Special Investigation Team which concluded that encounter was fake.
Following the report, the High Court handed over the matter to the CBI and is monitoring the investigations.
The court had asked the agency to submit a progress report by March 15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Lindsay Lohan reportedly not invited to her father's second wedding.
- Pamela Anderson sends tips to B-wood
- Why Arpita’s wedding was biggest event for B-town?
- 'DDLJ' new trailer launched
- KJo gets Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor together
- Are Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?
- OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husband
- Ex flames Alia and Varun together in a film?
- Watch Radha Nachegi song from movie 'Tevar'
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Falling prices of entry-level smartphone devices have led to its increasing demand.