- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest IndianSpring collection for KidsPICS: Koalas killed in Australia due to starving
Saina Nehwal and H S Prannoy have reached second round of All England badminton champion
Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 03:59:33 PM IST Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer
Ishrat, a 19-year-old college science student, and three others were allegedly killed by Ahmedabad Crime Branch in an encounter on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on June , 2004.
On June 15, 2004, officers of Ahmedabad City Crime Branch shot Ishrat Jahan, Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan Johar, on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. After the encounter, the city crime branch had claimed that the deceased were LeT terrorists who had come to assassinate Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
GL Singhal, who was an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) in 2004, was named in SP Tamang magisterial report submitted in November 2011, which said the police claims were not true.
A judicial inquiry report by metropolitan magistrate SP Tamang report had alleged that 20 police officers, including then crime branch chief JCP PP Pande, suspended DIG DG Vanzara, the then ACP GL Singhal and ACP NK Amin were involved in the conspiracy regarding the encounter.
The Gujarat high court in August 2010 asked the Supreme Court-appointed special investigation team headed by former CBI director RK Raghavan to take up the Ishrat case.
After Jahan’s mother complained about the alleged fake encounter, Gujarat High Court constituted a Special Investigation Team which concluded that encounter was fake.
Following the report, the High Court handed over the matter to the CBI and is monitoring the investigations.
The court had asked the agency to submit a progress report by March 15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When Holi is round the corner, can anyone forget all-time hit Bollywood songs?
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni's Wife Sakshi Tweets First Picture of Daughter Ziva
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Motorola will bring the second generation of its affordable smartphone 'Moto E' to India o