- Review Phantom: 10 reasons to watch itSaif Ali does not want Kareena to sufferWhy Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar KaroonHaven\'t re-shot anything for \'Jagga Jasoos\': Katrina KaifLet’s know about the celebs through their tattoosYou will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, SoorajNo pressure to get married: Gauhar KhanUrvashi did mistake againKatrina Kaif is under no pressureIs Puli a match to Bahubali?
Reigning world tennis champion Novak Djokovic became a new goodwill ambassador for the UN
Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 03:59:33 PM IST Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer
Ishrat, a 19-year-old college science student, and three others were allegedly killed by Ahmedabad Crime Branch in an encounter on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on June , 2004.
On June 15, 2004, officers of Ahmedabad City Crime Branch shot Ishrat Jahan, Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan Johar, on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. After the encounter, the city crime branch had claimed that the deceased were LeT terrorists who had come to assassinate Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
GL Singhal, who was an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) in 2004, was named in SP Tamang magisterial report submitted in November 2011, which said the police claims were not true.
A judicial inquiry report by metropolitan magistrate SP Tamang report had alleged that 20 police officers, including then crime branch chief JCP PP Pande, suspended DIG DG Vanzara, the then ACP GL Singhal and ACP NK Amin were involved in the conspiracy regarding the encounter.
The Gujarat high court in August 2010 asked the Supreme Court-appointed special investigation team headed by former CBI director RK Raghavan to take up the Ishrat case.
After Jahan’s mother complained about the alleged fake encounter, Gujarat High Court constituted a Special Investigation Team which concluded that encounter was fake.
Following the report, the High Court handed over the matter to the CBI and is monitoring the investigations.
The court had asked the agency to submit a progress report by March 15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
We tell you ten reasons to watch Phantom, a must see this week-end.
- Saif Ali does not want Kareena to suffer
- Why Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon
- Haven't re-shot anything for 'Jagga Jasoos': Katrina Kaif
- 'Phantom' tweet review
- Let’s know about the celebs through their tattoos
- You will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, Sooraj
- No pressure to get married: Gauhar Khan
- I don't like the tag of comedy: Rajpal Yadav
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.