- Pics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in SingaporeYoungsters 'happier and healthier' than ten years agoAustralia bags 5th World Cup titleDeepika bats for women equalityAditi Arya crowned Miss India 2015Saina becomes World No.1 woman shuttlerKatrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame TussaudsSee Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in loveRam Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of Fortune
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 03:59:33 PM IST Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer
Ishrat, a 19-year-old college science student, and three others were allegedly killed by Ahmedabad Crime Branch in an encounter on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on June , 2004.
On June 15, 2004, officers of Ahmedabad City Crime Branch shot Ishrat Jahan, Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan Johar, on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. After the encounter, the city crime branch had claimed that the deceased were LeT terrorists who had come to assassinate Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
GL Singhal, who was an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) in 2004, was named in SP Tamang magisterial report submitted in November 2011, which said the police claims were not true.
A judicial inquiry report by metropolitan magistrate SP Tamang report had alleged that 20 police officers, including then crime branch chief JCP PP Pande, suspended DIG DG Vanzara, the then ACP GL Singhal and ACP NK Amin were involved in the conspiracy regarding the encounter.
The Gujarat high court in August 2010 asked the Supreme Court-appointed special investigation team headed by former CBI director RK Raghavan to take up the Ishrat case.
After Jahan’s mother complained about the alleged fake encounter, Gujarat High Court constituted a Special Investigation Team which concluded that encounter was fake.
Following the report, the High Court handed over the matter to the CBI and is monitoring the investigations.
The court had asked the agency to submit a progress report by March 15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star Deepika Padukone, along with 98 other women from Mumbai have featured in a
- Shruti to face cheating Case
- Katrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame Tussauds
- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in love
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con