- Pamela to launch photo bookWhy Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!Kim Kardashian fires back on criticsSee what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with KapilVideo+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasonsWas Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015
The president of Italy's amateur footall federation, Felice Belloli, was sacked from his p
Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer Last Updated : 21 Feb 2013 03:59:33 PM IST Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI arrests Gujarat IPS officer
Ishrat, a 19-year-old college science student, and three others were allegedly killed by Ahmedabad Crime Branch in an encounter on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on June , 2004.
On June 15, 2004, officers of Ahmedabad City Crime Branch shot Ishrat Jahan, Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan Johar, on the outskirts of Ahmedabad. After the encounter, the city crime branch had claimed that the deceased were LeT terrorists who had come to assassinate Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
GL Singhal, who was an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) in 2004, was named in SP Tamang magisterial report submitted in November 2011, which said the police claims were not true.
A judicial inquiry report by metropolitan magistrate SP Tamang report had alleged that 20 police officers, including then crime branch chief JCP PP Pande, suspended DIG DG Vanzara, the then ACP GL Singhal and ACP NK Amin were involved in the conspiracy regarding the encounter.
The Gujarat high court in August 2010 asked the Supreme Court-appointed special investigation team headed by former CBI director RK Raghavan to take up the Ishrat case.
After Jahan’s mother complained about the alleged fake encounter, Gujarat High Court constituted a Special Investigation Team which concluded that encounter was fake.
Following the report, the High Court handed over the matter to the CBI and is monitoring the investigations.
The court had asked the agency to submit a progress report by March 15.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson is all set to release her new photo and prose bo
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
- SRK discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- PICS:Kim Kardashian fires back on critics
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasons
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch