- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
French Open tennis matches were suspended on Monday due to persistent rains in Paris on Mo
BJP to protest against Shinde during Budget Session of Parliament Last Updated : 19 Feb 2013 01:22:43 PM IST File Photo
The BJP top brass on Tuesday decided to strongly protest against Leader of the House in Lok Sabha Sushilkumar Shinde during the Budget Session till he tenders an apology for his Hindu terror remark against the principal opposition.
The Executive Committee meeting of BJP's Parliamentary Party chaired by L K Advani decided that it will protest in Parliament against Shinde's comments that BJP and RSS were training grounds for saffron terror. However, the party will not force adjournments of the two Houses on this issue.
"The Parliamentary Party executive committee of the BJP met to discuss its strategy for the forthcoming Budget Session. A final shape to the plans will be given after NDA floor leaders meet tomorrow," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
BJP is holding a protest march tomorrow in the capital from Jantar Mantar against Shinde. Sources said Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj suggested in the meeting that the march should be to Shinde's residence.
"BJP has taken a serious view of the remarks made by Shinde. We have demanded that he should apologise... The details of how we will go about our protest in Parliament is a question of strategy which cannot be divulged. But our demand is emphatic. Shinde is not just a Home Minister simpliciter. He is also the Leader of the Lok Sabha," Prasad said.
This may put the government in a fix as other NDA parties are also likely to stand by BJP on this issue. The protest against Shinde may hamper smooth functioning of Parliament and affect passage of crucial legislation.
BJP had earlier boycotted P Chidambaram for a whole session when he was the Home Minister and had made similar remarks.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Priyanka Chopra returned home for 10 days after wrapping up the shooting of her Ho
- It was Love In Paris for Deepika-Ranveer
- We were never a couple: Shraddha on dating Aditya
- 'Banjo' teaser hits the right chords
- Aamir praises Kannada film 'Thithi'
- SC rejects plea to cancel Pratyusha's boyfriend's bail
- Varun Dhawan unveils 'Dishoom' poster
- Sunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies.
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T