- Australia bags 5th World Cup titleDeepika bats for women equalityAditi Arya crowned Miss India 2015Saina becomes World No.1 woman shuttlerKatrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame TussaudsSee Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in loveRam Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of FortuneTwitterati targets Anushka over Virat\'s poor showBajaj launches Pulsar RS 200
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
BJP to protest against Shinde during Budget Session of Parliament Last Updated : 19 Feb 2013 01:22:43 PM IST File Photo
The BJP top brass on Tuesday decided to strongly protest against Leader of the House in Lok Sabha Sushilkumar Shinde during the Budget Session till he tenders an apology for his Hindu terror remark against the principal opposition.
The Executive Committee meeting of BJP's Parliamentary Party chaired by L K Advani decided that it will protest in Parliament against Shinde's comments that BJP and RSS were training grounds for saffron terror. However, the party will not force adjournments of the two Houses on this issue.
"The Parliamentary Party executive committee of the BJP met to discuss its strategy for the forthcoming Budget Session. A final shape to the plans will be given after NDA floor leaders meet tomorrow," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
BJP is holding a protest march tomorrow in the capital from Jantar Mantar against Shinde. Sources said Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj suggested in the meeting that the march should be to Shinde's residence.
"BJP has taken a serious view of the remarks made by Shinde. We have demanded that he should apologise... The details of how we will go about our protest in Parliament is a question of strategy which cannot be divulged. But our demand is emphatic. Shinde is not just a Home Minister simpliciter. He is also the Leader of the Lok Sabha," Prasad said.
This may put the government in a fix as other NDA parties are also likely to stand by BJP on this issue. The protest against Shinde may hamper smooth functioning of Parliament and affect passage of crucial legislation.
BJP had earlier boycotted P Chidambaram for a whole session when he was the Home Minister and had made similar remarks.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star Deepika Padukone, along with 98 other women from Mumbai have featured in a
- Shruti to face cheating Case
- Katrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame Tussauds
- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in love
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con