- Aamir, SRK in open warFilm review: Salman Khan in Kick will blow your mindLatest Sunny Leone\'s selfiesCensor board bans \'Sex Tape\' releaseImages: What was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan doing at CWG Glasgow?Salman takes fans for rideWatch leaked video of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika PadukoneVarun Dhawan lands in jailOplus launches XonPhone 5 in IndiaSunil Grover shoots for his first come-back episode
The master batsman and leading run-scorer in test history presented her with a car when s
Veerappan aides likely to be executed ? Last Updated : 17 Feb 2013 03:20:05 PM IST Veerappan aides likely to be executed ?
Four aides of sandalwood smuggler Veerappan were offered sweets on Sunday amid indications that they are likely to be executed.
Earlier, the Supreme Court had refused urgent hearing on their plea seeking stay of execution of their death penalty reportedly fixed for Sunday..
There are reports that doctors at the jail in Belgaum in Karnataka physically examined the the four convicts - Gnanaprakash, Simon, Meesekar Madaiah and Bilavendran and checked their blood pressure, height and weight on Saturday night.
Death penalty was awarded in connection with a landmine blast that had killed 22 policemen in Karnataka nearly 20 years ago,
On Saturday night they were lodged in separate cells in the prison and were offered sweets after they took bathe.Their mercy petition was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee on February 13 and according to sources, their
hanging has been fixed for Sunday
Veerappan's elder brother Gnanaprakash, Simon, Meesekar Madaiah and Bilavendran were awarded death sentence in 2004 in connection with a landmine blast at Palar in Karnataka in 1993 in which 22 police personnel were killed.
The matter was mentioned before Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir but he did not give a hearing to it, said a staff from his office when contacted. Senior advocate Colin Gonsalves, who had mentioned the matter at the CJI's residence, said the Chief Justice did not hear the matter this evening on the ground that there was no proof that execution will take place on Sunday.
He said the CJI told him that the matter will be taken up for hearing in due course. Gonsalves and his associate advocate Samik Narain said they approached the apex court after getting information that the execution of death penalty will take place on Sunday
"Now we are hoping that the execution will not take place tomorrow," they said, adding that they will again mention the
matter before the court on Monday.
The four convicts are lodged in a jail in Belgaum in Karnataka.A TADA court in Mysore had in 2001 sentenced them to life
term which was enhanced to death sentence by the apex cour .
Gang leader Veerappan was killed in an encounter with the Tamil Nadu police in October 2004.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
All is not well between the two Khans.
- Film review: Salman Khan in Kick will blow your mind
- Latest Sunny Leone's selfies
- Censor board bans 'Sex Tape' release
- Images: What was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan doing at CWG Glasgow?
- Salman takes fans for ride
- Watch leaked video of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone
- Varun Dhawan lands in jail
- Rani shoots video with police woman
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar