- Saina becomes World No.1 woman shuttlerKatrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame TussaudsSee Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in loveRam Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of FortuneTwitterati targets Anushka over Virat\'s poor showBajaj launches Pulsar RS 200Goa village bans kissing in publicWhy Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?Was BCCI right in banning WAGS from meeting their spouses?
Saina Nehwal today scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman shuttler to attain
Veerappan aides likely to be executed ? Last Updated : 17 Feb 2013 03:20:05 PM IST Veerappan aides likely to be executed ?
Four aides of sandalwood smuggler Veerappan were offered sweets on Sunday amid indications that they are likely to be executed.
Earlier, the Supreme Court had refused urgent hearing on their plea seeking stay of execution of their death penalty reportedly fixed for Sunday..
There are reports that doctors at the jail in Belgaum in Karnataka physically examined the the four convicts - Gnanaprakash, Simon, Meesekar Madaiah and Bilavendran and checked their blood pressure, height and weight on Saturday night.
Death penalty was awarded in connection with a landmine blast that had killed 22 policemen in Karnataka nearly 20 years ago,
On Saturday night they were lodged in separate cells in the prison and were offered sweets after they took bathe.Their mercy petition was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee on February 13 and according to sources, their
hanging has been fixed for Sunday
Veerappan's elder brother Gnanaprakash, Simon, Meesekar Madaiah and Bilavendran were awarded death sentence in 2004 in connection with a landmine blast at Palar in Karnataka in 1993 in which 22 police personnel were killed.
The matter was mentioned before Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir but he did not give a hearing to it, said a staff from his office when contacted. Senior advocate Colin Gonsalves, who had mentioned the matter at the CJI's residence, said the Chief Justice did not hear the matter this evening on the ground that there was no proof that execution will take place on Sunday.
He said the CJI told him that the matter will be taken up for hearing in due course. Gonsalves and his associate advocate Samik Narain said they approached the apex court after getting information that the execution of death penalty will take place on Sunday
"Now we are hoping that the execution will not take place tomorrow," they said, adding that they will again mention the
matter before the court on Monday.
The four convicts are lodged in a jail in Belgaum in Karnataka.A TADA court in Mysore had in 2001 sentenced them to life
term which was enhanced to death sentence by the apex cour .
Gang leader Veerappan was killed in an encounter with the Tamil Nadu police in October 2004.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Popular actress Katrina Kaif has become the latest Indian star to join the Bollywood line-
- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in love
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
- Are Sara Khan and Pratyusha Banerjee lesbians?
- Pics: seven hot kisses of Ranbir-Anushka in Bombay Velvet
A video of a girl getting ready to have a bath is going viral on the internet.
Huawei's smartphone e-brand for digital natives, announced the first flash sale of its fla