- Nil Battey Sannata Review: Swara Bhaskar's Mother-Daughter story encourages!Decor tips to get your house summer readyMeet sexy babe Vaani KapoorSee some popular selfie poses, choose the one you likeFantastic Box Office Collection: 'The Jungle Book' debuts with over $100 mnOMG! Pratyusha was pregnantLook who gate crashed Bipasha's bachelorette partyWhy is Kangna not recording her statement: Hrithik's lawyersScariest character I have ever played: Shahid on 'Udta Punjab'Jabong launches international fashion brand Mexx in India
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal defeated Nitchaon Jindapol of Thailand in straight games
Chopper deal: Joint team of CBI, MoD to visit Italy Last Updated : 16 Feb 2013 03:37:45 PM IST File Photo
A joint team of CBI and Defence Ministry is likely to leave for Italy on Sunday to probe the alleged kickbacks in the Rs 3,600 crore VVIP helicopter deal.
CBI sources said the team will meet Italian prosecutors to ascertain the details of the case.
The sources said two members of CBI comprising DIG-level officer and a law officer besides officers from the Defence Ministry will be part of team.
The decision by the CBI came as it virtually drew a blank from the Defence Ministry in getting some official inputs regarding to alleged kickbacks in the case, official sources said on Saturday.
The CBI was handed over a letter from the Defence Ministry seeking a probe by it in the case which has triggered a storm in the country. Attached with the letter were some Indian and Italian press clippings, which the CBI said, could not form the basis for registering a case.
CBI had sought help of Indian Mission in Rome which too has not been able to provide any authenticated court documents to the agency, sources said.
This was followed by CBI seeking help of Interpol which also expressed inability to provide any help in the absence of any regular case not having been registered by the agency, the sources said.
The Defence Ministry had yesterday sent a team led by Joint Secretary and an Air Commodore of Indian Air Force, who gave a presentation to the CBI about the tendering procedures and various stages while finalising the helicopter deal with AugustaWestland.
However, when pressed by the CBI officials about the kickback allegations, the team could not provide any answers to the sleuths, the sources said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former India cricket captain Sourav Ganguly believes the appointment of Bollywood actor Sa
- Mamta, spouse under probe in narcotics racket
- Bipasha-Karan wedding celebrations begin
- Girls love my eyes: SRK
- 'The Man Who Knew...' unravels the mystique of Ramanujan Rating: *****
- 'Mother's Day': A light-hearted celebration.
- Unfair to call me 'arrogant' for supporting Salman: Salim Khan
- 'Make In India' most important initiative by Modi: SRK
- Neetu Chandra writes open letter to Alia Bhatt, Chaubey
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Gone are the days when laptops were marketed as fastest, smartest, biggest or best on the