- Riteish, Nargis team up for Eros' nextSushant-Kriti starrer 'Raabta' goes on floor'Judwaa 2' is a big responsibility on me: Varun DhawanLava launches- Lava A88, A71, and X11Bollywood's most lovable dreaded villain- Pran!Mughal Gardens open for publicMovie Review Fitoor: A dampener all the wayRanveer, Deepika to spend Valentine's Day in TorontoAnushka learns wrestling for 'Sultan'Bollywood's all time romantic couples!
India produced a disappointing performance to lose to arch-rivals Pakistan 0-1 in a lacklu
Chopper deal: Joint team of CBI, MoD to visit Italy Last Updated : 16 Feb 2013 03:37:45 PM IST File Photo
A joint team of CBI and Defence Ministry is likely to leave for Italy on Sunday to probe the alleged kickbacks in the Rs 3,600 crore VVIP helicopter deal.
CBI sources said the team will meet Italian prosecutors to ascertain the details of the case.
The sources said two members of CBI comprising DIG-level officer and a law officer besides officers from the Defence Ministry will be part of team.
The decision by the CBI came as it virtually drew a blank from the Defence Ministry in getting some official inputs regarding to alleged kickbacks in the case, official sources said on Saturday.
The CBI was handed over a letter from the Defence Ministry seeking a probe by it in the case which has triggered a storm in the country. Attached with the letter were some Indian and Italian press clippings, which the CBI said, could not form the basis for registering a case.
CBI had sought help of Indian Mission in Rome which too has not been able to provide any authenticated court documents to the agency, sources said.
This was followed by CBI seeking help of Interpol which also expressed inability to provide any help in the absence of any regular case not having been registered by the agency, the sources said.
The Defence Ministry had yesterday sent a team led by Joint Secretary and an Air Commodore of Indian Air Force, who gave a presentation to the CBI about the tendering procedures and various stages while finalising the helicopter deal with AugustaWestland.
However, when pressed by the CBI officials about the kickback allegations, the team could not provide any answers to the sleuths, the sources said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Riteish Deshmukh and Nargis Fakhri have collaborated for the first time for Eros Internati
- Sushant-Kriti starrer 'Raabta' goes on floor
- 'Judwaa 2' is a big responsibility on me: Varun Dhawan
- Nargis Fakhri happy being Maharashtrian mulgi for Banjo
- Bollywood's most lovable dreaded villain- Pran!
- John shares new poster of 'Rocky Handsome'
- Movie Review Fitoor: A dampener all the way
- Ranveer, Deepika to spend Valentine's Day in Toronto
- Anushka learns wrestling for 'Sultan'
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Lava has expanded its 4G range with the addition of 3 new smartphones - A71, A88 and X11.