- Shahid-Meera to announce good news soon'A Flying Jatt' movie reviewShraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town scheduleSedition case filed against actor Ramya for Pakistan is not hell remark
With India, a country of over 1.2 billion people, managing to win only two medals in the j
Chopper deal: Joint team of CBI, MoD to visit Italy Last Updated : 16 Feb 2013 03:37:45 PM IST File Photo
A joint team of CBI and Defence Ministry is likely to leave for Italy on Sunday to probe the alleged kickbacks in the Rs 3,600 crore VVIP helicopter deal.
CBI sources said the team will meet Italian prosecutors to ascertain the details of the case.
The sources said two members of CBI comprising DIG-level officer and a law officer besides officers from the Defence Ministry will be part of team.
The decision by the CBI came as it virtually drew a blank from the Defence Ministry in getting some official inputs regarding to alleged kickbacks in the case, official sources said on Saturday.
The CBI was handed over a letter from the Defence Ministry seeking a probe by it in the case which has triggered a storm in the country. Attached with the letter were some Indian and Italian press clippings, which the CBI said, could not form the basis for registering a case.
CBI had sought help of Indian Mission in Rome which too has not been able to provide any authenticated court documents to the agency, sources said.
This was followed by CBI seeking help of Interpol which also expressed inability to provide any help in the absence of any regular case not having been registered by the agency, the sources said.
The Defence Ministry had yesterday sent a team led by Joint Secretary and an Air Commodore of Indian Air Force, who gave a presentation to the CBI about the tendering procedures and various stages while finalising the helicopter deal with AugustaWestland.
However, when pressed by the CBI officials about the kickback allegations, the team could not provide any answers to the sleuths, the sources said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Hollywood's action veteran Renny Harlin says his icon is popular martial artiste and actor
- 'Freaky Ali' team to launch menswear label in Dubai
- Taapsee, Neeraj Pandey team up for 'Meera'
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- 'Top Cat' actor, Marvin Kaplan dead
- Shahid-Meera to announce good news soon
- 'A Flying Jatt' movie review
- Christoph Waltz in James Cameron's film?
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr