- Awesome Jacques Kallis retiresRicha Chadda hottest avatar in ‘Tamanchey’, view picsIsraeli Women post nude photos on Facebook for IDFAfter Surveen Chawla,Jay Bhanushali shoots steamy scenes with Shasha AghaLandslide in Pune:21 dead,200 trapped, Rajnath Singh to visitOMG! Rani Mukerji to be seen in an adult film!Images: Avatar star Zoe Saldana goes nude for Women\'s Health magazineGutthi will return for Akshay Kumar in Comedy Nights With Kapil?Bet you probably did not know this about Arnold SchwarzeneggerLandslide near Pune, 17 dead
India failed to qualify for the semifinals of the women's hockey competition in the 20th
Chopper deal:BJP says SIT should probe Italian connections Last Updated : 15 Feb 2013 01:38:30 PM IST AgustaWestland chopper deal:BJP demands SIT probe into Italian connections
Doubting the UPA government's intentions in conducting an impartial probe into the VVIP chopper deal, BJP on Friday demanded that a Special Investigation Team be set up to investigate the matter under a monitoring mechanism.
The SIT probe should be done under the supervision of either the Supreme Court or a parliamentary committee, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said .
Naidu also confirmed that BJP would corner the government over the VVIP chopper deal issue during the coming session of Parliament.
On the VVIP chopper deal, Naidu said: "That's why these Italian connections have to be probed. Natural doubts are arising in the minds of the people. I do not want to name any individuals without having direct proof.
"That's why suspicion is there on the government. Let there be an impartial inquiry. Let the truth come out. I am not naming anybody," Naidu said. All aspects of the deal, like who signed the contract, who were the middlemen and what were their connections, need to be looked into, he said.
"Because the Congress is notoriously known for misusing CBI for partisan political ends. That's why for BJP the suggestion of a CBI inquiry is not acceptable. Because, CBI has no credibility and the government's intention is also doubtful.
"Because this issue was raised in 2011 in Parliament and also a letter was written to the Defence Minister, in spite of that, government did not act so far," he told reporters. The government talked about a CBI inquiry only after a case was filed over the issue in Italy and the "revelations" came to light that "payments were made to Indian middlemen also," he said.
"We do not have confidence in CBI. Because we have seen how the CBI, the Governor's institution, the Income Tax department, the Enforcement Directorate and all other organisations are being misused by the government, one, to harass political opponents, second, to keep its allies under control and third, to win over neutrals," he alleged.
Claiming that the government was trying to side-track the issue by saying that it began when NDA was in power, Naidu maintained that "nothing started in NDA regime." BJP would not mind even if the inquiry covered from 2003 (when NDA was in power), he said.
"But, my point is why the government kept quiet from 2011 to now, after Prakash Javadekar raised the issue in Parliament and also wrote a letter to Defence Minister. The minister told that they will conduct an inquiry. Two years have passed and the government did not act. Why? Who compelled the government not to act?
Reiterating BJP's serious objection to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde's reported allegation against BJP vis-a-vis terror, he said his party would not attend any meetings convened by him unless he apologises or withdraws his remarks.
BJP would also highlight price rise, farmers's suicides,the issue of separatist leader Yasin Malik sharing dais with a terrorist mastermind in Pakistan, the alleged loan waiver scam among others, he said.
To another query on firing by Pakistani troops along the border, he alleged that the government's response on terror aided by Pakistan has been weak and that tough measures are needed to be taken against the neighbouring country.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood sex siren Richa Chadda will be seen in her hottest avatar in the upcoming flick
- Salman’s Kick crosses Rs 150 cr in six days
- After Surveen Chawla,Jay Bhanushali shoots steamy scenes with Shasha Agha
- OMG! Rani Mukerji to be seen in an adult film!
- Images: Avatar star Zoe Saldana goes nude for Women's Health magazine
- Gutthi will return for Akshay Kumar in Comedy Nights With Kapil?
- Bet you probably did not know this about Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Salman's big heart for Kids
- Aamir celebrates Eid with ex wife Reena
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.