- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called offAnushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'How to look gorgeous beyond 30s
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
JPC: DMK insists calling Raja as witness Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 03:36:33 PM IST JPC report may be delayed
"If Raja is to be called, he will be the last witness. If DMK agrees on not calling him, then today we have concluded calling witnesses before JPC and we would focus on writing the report," Chacko told reporters after the meeting.
DMK today insisted on calling Raja and Swan Telecom's Shahid Balwa. They also demanded calling Attorney General G E Vahanvati again following his deposition in which he blamed Raja on a variety of issues.
Last week Chacko had said that after hearing CBI and the DoT in today's meeting, the panel would conclude gathering evidences from witnesses and start writing the draft report so that it could be tabled in Parliament by March 31 during the recess of the Budget Session.
Sources said Chacko told members that as an accused has legal protection, he cannot make fresh revelations before any committee. Therefore, there was no point in calling Balwa and Raja.
They said Chacko will soon take a final call on the issue.
Calling Finance Minister P Chidambaram as a witness, as demanded by the opposition, has already been ruled out as the committee must have a unanimous resolution to call a present minister. With UPA opposed to the demand, unanimity is not possible.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mona Darling is a horror-thriller set in the contemporary, post-cyber world. And the titul
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
- Deepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'
- This is what Kareena expects from 'Rangoon'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major