- Beyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report again
Nestle has terminated a sponsorship programme with world athletics' governing body (IAAF)
JPC: DMK insists calling Raja as witness Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 03:36:33 PM IST JPC report may be delayed
"If Raja is to be called, he will be the last witness. If DMK agrees on not calling him, then today we have concluded calling witnesses before JPC and we would focus on writing the report," Chacko told reporters after the meeting.
DMK today insisted on calling Raja and Swan Telecom's Shahid Balwa. They also demanded calling Attorney General G E Vahanvati again following his deposition in which he blamed Raja on a variety of issues.
Last week Chacko had said that after hearing CBI and the DoT in today's meeting, the panel would conclude gathering evidences from witnesses and start writing the draft report so that it could be tabled in Parliament by March 31 during the recess of the Budget Session.
Sources said Chacko told members that as an accused has legal protection, he cannot make fresh revelations before any committee. Therefore, there was no point in calling Balwa and Raja.
They said Chacko will soon take a final call on the issue.
Calling Finance Minister P Chidambaram as a witness, as demanded by the opposition, has already been ruled out as the committee must have a unanimous resolution to call a present minister. With UPA opposed to the demand, unanimity is not possible.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When we talk about Valentine's day, how can we forget our most romantic Bollywood couples?
- Mallika Sherawat clicks Power selfie with Obama
- Shraddha Kapoor to croon for 'Baaghi
- What do Bollywood celebs fear?
- Bollywood film "Neerja" banned in Pakistan
- Rakesh Roshan reserved the release date for Hrithik Roshan's Kaabil
- Katrina bored with 'hardworking' tag, wants poetic adjectives
- 'Kapoor and Sons' special to all of us: Karan Johar
- Hollywood not everybody's cup of tea: Arjun Kapoor
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.