- Make a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka SharmaShivaay: second trailer released
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
JPC: DMK insists calling Raja as witness Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 03:36:33 PM IST JPC report may be delayed
"If Raja is to be called, he will be the last witness. If DMK agrees on not calling him, then today we have concluded calling witnesses before JPC and we would focus on writing the report," Chacko told reporters after the meeting.
DMK today insisted on calling Raja and Swan Telecom's Shahid Balwa. They also demanded calling Attorney General G E Vahanvati again following his deposition in which he blamed Raja on a variety of issues.
Last week Chacko had said that after hearing CBI and the DoT in today's meeting, the panel would conclude gathering evidences from witnesses and start writing the draft report so that it could be tabled in Parliament by March 31 during the recess of the Budget Session.
Sources said Chacko told members that as an accused has legal protection, he cannot make fresh revelations before any committee. Therefore, there was no point in calling Balwa and Raja.
They said Chacko will soon take a final call on the issue.
Calling Finance Minister P Chidambaram as a witness, as demanded by the opposition, has already been ruled out as the committee must have a unanimous resolution to call a present minister. With UPA opposed to the demand, unanimity is not possible.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's bodyguard Gurmeet Singh alias Shera and three of his acc
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r