- Akshay Kumar praises Salman after Shilpa Shetty\'s husband dissesOMG!! Salman Khan behind ending Kapil Sharma YashRaj dreamWhy Virat blushed at Anushka\'s nameWhat happened between Ranbir, DeepikaPics: Ranbir Kapoor wants to wed girlfriend Katrina Kaif soonPreity Zinta accuses Ness Wadia of throwing cigarette at her faceWho is the sexiest among Salman Khan\'s girls?Ranbir, Katrina and Ranveer, Deepika are double dating in France?Raj Kundra dares Salman KhanHot PICS of Vaani Kapoor
The unprecedented success achieved in the last edition would be hard to replicate this tim
Security tightened for 'Mauni Amavasya' on Sunday Last Updated : 10 Feb 2013 10:59:23 AM IST File photo
After the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, at Tihar Jail in New Delhi on Saturday morning, tight security arrangements have been made for 'Mauni Amavasya' on Sunday.
Tight security arrangements are in place with more than 15,000 security personnel drawn from central paramilitary forces like ITBP, CRPF, BSF and RAF besides the Uttar Police and its Provincial Armed Constabulary and Anti Terrorist Squad keeping a close vigil.
According to Senior Superintendent of Police (Kumbh Mela), R K S Rathore, commandos of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police, the Central Reserve Police Force and the Anti-Terrorism Squad have been deployed in sufficient strength at the sprawling Kumbh area of about 6,000 acres.
They are assisted by more than 5,000 policemen drawn in from various parts of Uttar Pradesh and 4,000 personnel of Provincial Armed Constabulary.
Dog squads and bomb disposal squads have also been pressed into service, while watch towers have been established at various points from where security personnel will be having a bird's eye view while remaining in touch with control rooms for necessary action.
CCTV cameras have also been placed at various places to keep a tab on the movements of the people.
Vehicular traffic has been banned since Saturday morning in the Kumbh area where a SP, an ASP, three Deputy SPs, five Traffic Inspectors, 10 Traffic sub-inspectors and 200 Traffic Constables have been deployed to take care of crowd management.
According to Kumbh Mela Officer Mani Prasad Mishra, "an appeal has been issued to all VIPs to either refrain from visiting the congregation on Sunday, or if they must do so, not to expect the special security arrangements which are made available on normal days."
Lakhs of devotees have reached the bathing ghats in Allahabad for a holy dip on the auspicious occasion of 'Mauni Amavasya' on Sunday in the ongoing Maha Kumbh congregation at the holy Sangam.
The day also marks the second 'Shahi Snan' of sadhus belonging to various 'Akharas'.
According to a rough estimate by officials, the number of people to have taken a dip by the crack of dawn appears to be "not less than 20 lakhs" and the final turnout may exceed the projected estimate of three crore.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
'Highway' girl Alia Bhatt adores heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor and the cute face actress had a
- Akshay Kumar praises Salman after Shilpa Shetty's husband disses
- OMG!! Salman Khan behind ending Kapil Sharma YashRaj dream
- Why Virat blushed at Anushka's name
- What happened between Ranbir, Deepika
- Pics: Ranbir Kapoor wants to wed girlfriend Katrina Kaif soon
- Who is the sexiest among Salman Khan's girls?
- Ranbir, Katrina and Ranveer, Deepika are double dating in France?
- Raj Kundra dares Salman Khan
The Zoology department of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) at Pasighat in East Siang distric
LG Electronics has launched its new flagship smartphone LG G3.