- Karan Johar to start filming \'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil\' in LondonI am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar AliaDid \'Shaandar\' because concept was fresh: Shahid KapoorFamous Bollywood star siblingsReview Phantom: 10 reasons to watch itSaif Ali does not want Kareena to sufferWhy Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar KaroonHaven\'t re-shot anything for \'Jagga Jasoos\': Katrina KaifLet’s know about the celebs through their tattoosYou will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, Sooraj
The Delhi High Court revoked the conferment of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar (RKPP) 20
Afzal Guru first to be hanged at Tihar Last Updated : 09 Feb 2013 09:14:33 PM IST File photo of Mohammed Afzal Guru.
Mohammed Afzal Guru's hanging on Saturday was the first to have taken place in Tihar Jail in New Delhi over two decades.
The last hanging in Tihar was in 1989 when the killers of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi went to the gallows.
Satwant and Kehar Singh were hanged by executioners Kallu and Fakira.
"The last hanging that took place here was that of Satwant and Kehar," Director General of Tihar Jail Vimla Mehra told media persons.
Asked about the identity of the hangman who pulled the lever on Guru, she refused to reveal the name, saying "We are not going to give the name of the hangman".
Afzal Guru first to be hanged at Tihar after Indira Gandhi's killers:
Prodded about what was Guru's last wish, Mehra said, "We are not going to give any details at the moment".
Senior Tihar Jail officials, who oversaw the entire preparation for hanging of Guru, said he was "very peaceful" and "calm" during the final moments and did not appear repentant.
However, a senior official said Guru, who was lodged in Jail No 3 of the prison, was a "little shaken" when informed about his impending execution last evening.
A resident of Sopore in North Kashmir, 43-year-old Guru was executed at 8 AM near Jail No 3 in a top-secret operation.
A special court had sentenced Guru to death in December 2002 for his role in aiding and abetting the 2001 attack on Parliament which was upheld by the Supreme Court on August 4th, 2005.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has reached a milestone of 15 million fan following on Twitter, b
- Like to work with Sonam: Hrithik
- John doesn't blame Nana Patekar for short temper
- Amanda Peterson no more
- Salman to shoot for 'Bigg Boss 9' promos in Karjat
- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees Bazmee
- Happy with 'Phantom' response, says Saif
- Director Mahmood Farooqui charged with rape
- Kangana is content being single
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.