- PICS : Controversial Mamata KulkarniPICS : Athiya Shetty set for BollywoodPICS : Ranveer-Deepika in demandSushmita walks the ramp with daughter ReneeAishwarya-Abhishek wedding picsAlia, Arjun on Harper's Bazaar MagazineWhen Alia Bhatt lost weight for SOTYBollywood actresses who like selfiesThe most good looking Heirs And HeiressesPICS : RCB humiliate Mumbai Indians
Rajib shares a single-room home with his mother, a prostitute, and brother. Never in his
Afzal Guru's chronology Last Updated : 09 Feb 2013 10:18:33 AM IST Afzal Guru's chronology
After 12 years Parliament attack convict Mohammed Afzal Guru was hanged on Saturday at the Tihar Jail. Following is the chronology of events leading to the Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist’s execution:
December 13, 2001: Five terrorists enter Parliament complex and open indiscriminate fire, killing nine people and injuring over 15.
December 15, 2001: Delhi Police pick up Afzal Guru, a member of terrorist outfit Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM), from Jammu and Kashmir. S.A.R Geelani of Delhi University’s Zakir Hussain College picked up for questioning and later arrested. Two others — Afsan Guru and her husband Shaukat Hussain Guru — were picked up later.
December 29, 2001: Afzal Guru sent to 10-day police remand.
June 4, 2002: Charges are framed against four people — Afzal Guru, Geelani, Shaukat Hussain Guru, Afsan Guru and Geelani.
December 18, 2002: Death sentence given to Geelani, Shaukat Hussain Guru and Afzal Guru, while Afsan Guru is let off.
August 30, 2003: Jaish-e-Muhammad leader Ghazi Baba, prime accused in the attack, is killed in an encounter with the Border Security Force (BSF) in Srinagar. Three more militants along with him are also killed in the 10-hour encounter.
October 29, 2003: Geelani acquitted in the case.
Aug 4, 2005: The Supreme Court, while confirming the death sentence of Afzal Guru, commutes Shaukat Hussain Guru's
death sentence to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment.
Sep 26, 2006: Delhi court orders Afzal to be hanged.
Oct 3, 2006: Afzal Guru's wife Tabasum Guru files a mercy petition with then President A P J Abdul Kalam.
Jan 12, 2007: The Supreme Court dismisses Afzal Guru's plea seeking review of his death sentence, saying "there is no merit" in it.
May 19, 2010: Delhi government rejects Afzal Guru's mercy petition; endorses capital punishment awarded to him by the Supreme Court.
Dec 30, 2010: Shaukat Hussain Guru released from Delhi's Tihar Jail.
Dec 10, 2012: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde says he
would examine Afzal Guru's file after Parliament's Winter session concludes on December 22.
Feb 3, 2013: President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Afzal Guru's mercy petition
Feb 9, 2013: Afzal Guru hanged in Tihar Jail.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former Bollywood actress Mamata Kulkarni famous for her nude pictures turns 42
- PICS : Athiya Shetty set for Bollywood
- PICS : Ranveer-Deepika in demand
- Kangana --the perfect 'Revolver Rani',says Sai Kabir
- Sushmita Sen in a Bengali Film
- Jacqeline Fernandez in 'Housefull 3'
- Amitabh Bachchan too nervous to shoot for R Balki's film
- Sushmita walks the ramp with daughter Renee
- Shahid Kapoor in 'Maha Kaminey'
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.